SportsWrath

Jacobs Willing to take "fair" pay cut

Lughead

the dog wonders what he considers fair at this point...afterall, he still has to make enough to make a weekly purchase of the assortment of highheel shoes he wears as he tiptoes through the line...

When Seubert replaced O'Hara, and Jacobs became the main man, the rushing attack was very effective.

I'd definitely like to see him back for the right price.

I like Bradshaw too, but his durability and complete lack of ball control are a major concern.

Jacobs has become a huge disappointment to me........I thought he was going to average 6 yds a pop for his career

hes now spiraling towards 3 yds

more talking out of the ass from jack.

he averaged 5.6 yds per carry last season(the highest in his career) bringing his yards per carry to 4.6 for his career.

more talking out of the ass from jack.

he averaged 5.6 yds per carry last season(the highest in his career) bringing his yards per carry to 4.6 for his career.

you have to reduce his YDs per carry by 50% per game for every lost fumble......that makes him about minus 3 yds per carry

you have to reduce his YDs per carry by 50% per game for every lost fumble......that makes him about minus 3 yds per carry

yeah because thats what you meant.

but, he had 2 fumbles last season.

ok so you take the one in GB which turned our season around and deduct 5 yds per carry for the whole season

he had very few carries last year

something happened to this guy from the monster we saw his rookie season........hes lost that pop he had when he trucked that Landry character in DC

Some people forget, there would have never been a Tyree catch if Jacobs didn't get that 4th and 1.

As far as I'm concerned, Jacobs is a very good back. Like any other running back, if you start taking carries away from him, he's not going to get into gear.

I look at his stats last season, and factor in that the offensive line was in complete upheaval, he lost a lot of touches to Bradshaw, and the passing game was decimated.....he ran as well as anyone could expect.

Some people forget, there would have never been a Tyree catch if Jacobs didn't get that 4th and 1.

As far as I'm concerned, Jacobs is a very good back. Like any other running back, if you start taking carries away from him, he's not going to get into gear.

I look at his stats last season, and factor in that the offensive line was in complete upheaval, he lost a lot of touches to Bradshaw, and the passing game was decimated.....he ran as well as anyone could expect.

Alot of people haven't forgotten, just like alot of people haven't forgotten without Eli we wouldnt have a third SB title.

However that still doesn't excuse guys like Jacobs from their lack of productivity on the field, I'll go as far as to say he has lost what made him such a unique running back. Think of Jacobs the year Tiki left, there was him, Ward and Drougns(sp) he was running with a purpose and what some will call "light pockets" however with his running style of hit the defender in the mouth and keep moving I know myself knew Jacobs was only going to be able to keep it up for two maybe three years before he started to slow down. You dont run with a total disregard for your body like Jacobs did without having negative impact on your career, which I think in the last two season Jacobs has realized.

So now instead of the running style that made him unique, a 260 pound RB running straight at you and shows no signs of moving who could easily pick up any 4th and 1. He has now changed his style to more of a typical running back, scanning for holes and cutback lanes, which doesn't suit his size or any of his physical attributes. He dances around in the backfield and looks more hesitant then a year one rookie at times, almost not knowing where he should run. This isnt a knock on him by any means I mean if he didnt change his style of running he might not of been able to walk after it was all said and done. It's just he is no longer the RB that we need he is more of an average power back trying to be a slasher, which is not going to work for him.

Alot of people haven't forgotten, just like alot of people haven't forgotten without Eli we wouldnt have a third SB title.

However that still doesn't excuse guys like Jacobs from their lack of productivity on the field, I'll go as far as to say he has lost what made him such a unique running back. Think of Jacobs the year Tiki left, there was him, Ward and Drougns(sp) he was running with a purpose and what some will call "light pockets" however with his running style of hit the defender in the mouth and keep moving I know myself knew Jacobs was only going to be able to keep it up for two maybe three years before he started to slow down. You dont run with a total disregard for your body like Jacobs did without having negative impact on your career, which I think in the last two season Jacobs has realized.

So now instead of the running style that made him unique, a 260 pound RB running straight at you and shows no signs of moving who could easily pick up any 4th and 1. He has now changed his style to more of a typical running back, scanning for holes and cutback lanes, which doesn't suit his size or any of his physical attributes. He dances around in the backfield and looks more hesitant then a year one rookie at times, almost not knowing where he should run. This isnt a knock on him by any means I mean if he didnt change his style of running he might not of been able to walk after it was all said and done. It's just he is no longer the RB that we need he is more of an average power back trying to be a slasher, which is not going to work for him.

Injuries to the offensive line and wide receivers cannot be ignored. When Seubert filled in for O'Hara, there was a marked improvement.

5.6 yards per carry, behind a patchwork line, splitting time with Bradshaw, and with defenders stacking the box because we had no receivers.

Pretty damn impressive if you ask me.

Injuries to the offensive line and wide receivers cannot be ignored. When Seubert filled in for O'Hara, there was a marked improvement.

5.6 yards per carry, behind a patchwork line, splitting time with Bradshaw, and with defenders stacking the box because we had no receivers.

yeah im not understanding it, it seems like some are taking his play from 2 years ago and pasting it over his play from last season.

When Seubert replaced O'Hara, and Jacobs became the main man, the rushing attack was very effective.

I'd definitely like to see him back for the right price.

I like Bradshaw too, but his durability and complete lack of ball control are a major concern.

I see the Bradshaw situation like Tiki years ago. Stop the fumbling and your unstoppable. I love Brandon, and actually think we should keep the combo. But Id rather have Ahmad.

that was an awesome assessment of the situation..........you are right on the money

You put into words exactly what I was thinking. If he can master the wait for the lane technique Tiki did he will continue to be a big asset......no pun intended

Yeah you can factor in injuries and he still has been a decent RB for us, but you cant tell me you havent noticed his running style change. In 2007 and 2008 Jacobs didnt even play a full season, he only had a 11 and 13 game season respectively. However even when he missed playing time and having more then capable backups in Ward/Bradshaw he still managed to rush for over 1000 yards and finish with 49 and 57 first down runs. He also averaged 5.0 yards a carry, 80+ yards a game these two season with 14 TDs coming in 2008. This is when Jacobs was the "man beast" that he was, when you would read articles about defenders who are fearing facing him.

So you figure when he has more rushing attempts and games played in 2009 and 2010 you would think his stats would improve? However in 2009 they were horrible compared with the rest of his career states and in 2010 only finished with 39 first down runs despite his misleading 5.6 yards a carry average.

Once again yeah you can factor injuries into the equation, but that's a two way street. When he have an all pro offensive line Jacobs can put up those numbers in 07 and 08 but as soon as he is faced with a mediocre line he becomes mediocre? Then you look at Bradshaw who was running with the same offensive line and WRs, put up 1200+ yards.

Jacobs has lost a step, it's in the stats and visible on any game day tape from the last few seasons. Does it make him a horrible running back? by all means no it doesnt but he isnt a RB that he once was.

you are too young to remember but on a smaller scale we once had another RB who entered the league smashing people- his name was Tucker Fredrickson

I remember Jim Brown praising the guy as savage but also saying Fredrickson could not continue to hit the line that hard.......he will surely injure himself seriously or someone will injure him......Brown was bigger than Tiki but ran like Tiki easing into the hole then bursting out of it once he had engaged the enemy, and they could no longer take running pot shots at him. Once free in the secondary Brown overpowered anyone who came near him......or outran them

Brown was prohetic as a season later Fredrickson blew out his knee and was never the same after that. Back in those days they did not even have very good surgical answers for ACL injuries.

Yeah you can factor in injuries and he still has been a decent RB for us, but you cant tell me you havent noticed his running style change. In 2007 and 2008 Jacobs didnt even play a full season, he only had a 11 and 13 game season respectively. However even when he missed playing time and having more then capable backups in Ward/Bradshaw he still managed to rush for over 1000 yards and finish with 49 and 57 first down runs. He also averaged 5.0 yards a carry, 80+ yards a game these two season with 14 TDs coming in 2008. This is when Jacobs was the "man beast" that he was, when you would read articles about defenders who are fearing facing him.

So you figure when he has more rushing attempts and games played in 2009 and 2010 you would think his stats would improve? However in 2009 they were horrible compared with the rest of his career states and in 2010 only finished with 39 first down runs despite his misleading 5.6 yards a carry average.

Once again yeah you can factor injuries into the equation, but that's a two way street. When he have an all pro offensive line Jacobs can put up those numbers in 07 and 08 but as soon as he is faced with a mediocre line he becomes mediocre? Then you look at Bradshaw who was running with the same offensive line and WRs, put up 1200+ yards.

Jacobs has lost a step, it's in the stats and visible on any game day tape from the last few seasons. Does it make him a horrible running back? by all means no it doesnt but he isnt a RB that he once was.

I've noticed a change as well....but also, some of that might have been coaching, and some of it might have been a result of the injury....a change in style to avoid the punishment he took in the past.

Some of it was also a result of play calling, which is also a result of the line situation.

A lot of factors involved, but the statistics are what they are.