SportsWrath

Reese talks about Eli's struggles

JackStroud

I a NY Post filled with 6 pages of Jets articles. There was one lonely one about the Giants

Jerry Reese basically said Eli tried to do to much this year and made some bad decisions.....I concur

Reese went on to say Eli had to straighten this out himself.....no one can help him...on this I disagreee.

I think, personally, I have figured out Eli's problem. He is being asked to sit in the pocket and make short passes over the middle.

Thats ok for a guy who can move around a bit in the pocket to get an open lane, but Eli has slow feet.....he cannot sidestep and find a lane to throw low.......he is therefore forced to throw over outstretched linemans hands and thus the high throws.

Basically, its the play selection, plus the fact that with a crippled O'Hara at center the middle was collapsing on Eli making things 10X worse.. Without Burress and his huge wingspan Eli is forced to make awkward throws.

I do not know the answer to this problem, other than a strong running game that makes 5-6 yds on 1st down and allows Eli to use play action, which he is extremely good at.

I think the answer is strengthen the pass protection, allow Eli to slide out, and bring back Plaxico. If you recall the Jets were eliminated when Rothlingsberger slid outside and threw 2 knee high completions

As for the fumbling..........I haven' t a clue why these guys are not carrying the ball with 2 hands high on their chests and going down when overwhelmed rather than fighting for meaning less half yds.

Reese also firmly supported Rolle and Philips....a strong indication Tom's days are numbered......he gave some meaningless explaination that had the Giants made the playoffs those comments would never have been made....lame justification if you ask me

The offense needs a quicker tempo. .... they need more no huddle.

the no huddle is good as an occassional change of pace maybe once a game. to try and incorporate it as anything consistent in an offense in the dog's opinion is not going to work. people always want to look at a team and say look how good they are in the 2 minute drill and the success they have at the end of a game or before the half. the problem is, teams in those situations are calling defenses differently. once a team is prepared for the potential of facing a no huddle offense at various times during a game, they plan for it. this factored in with the high potential of quickly being stopped and the defense having to go right back on the field, and the dog believes this is why any team doesn't try and use the no huddle throughout the game for any consistent time period.

the no huddle is good as an occassional change of pace maybe once a game. to try and incorporate it as anything consistent in an offense in the dog's opinion is not going to work. people always want to look at a team and say look how good they are in the 2 minute drill and the success they have at the end of a game or before the half. the problem is, teams in those situations are calling defenses differently. once a team is prepared for the potential of facing a no huddle offense at various times during a game, they plan for it. this factored in with the high potential of quickly being stopped and the defense having to go right back on the field, and the dog believes this is why any team doesn't try and use the no huddle throughout the game for any consistent time period.

Why discuss it???????????

General Thomas J Tightass will never allow anything not on the 1st page of the coaches manual

you will grow old and die waiting for a No-huddle offense, a Suprise Onsides kick, an End Around, a Flea Flicker or a Direct snap...........even a Screen pass is used under only the most dire of circumstances- once per year maybe

I want to get rid of this old bastard so bad it Fnnnn hurts :freaked::jerkoff::furious:

Thank God he does not interfere with the Defense

Why discuss it???????????

General Thomas J Tightass will never allow anything not on the 1st page of the coaches manual

you will grow old and die waiting for a No-huddle offense, a Suprise Onsides kick, an End Around, a Flea Flicker or a Direct snap...........even a Screen pass is used under only the most dire of circumstances- once per year maybe

I want to get rid of this old bastard so bad it Fnnnn hurts :freaked::jerkoff::furious:

Thank God he does not interfere with the Defense

the dog is firmly on the fence with regards to coughlin. while he may have worn out his welcome here, the dog still thinks relative to what is out there, he is a good coach. he certainly has a style that is direct and straight forward, but he has gotten teams to play with it. while the dog is certainly in the minority here with the following belief, the dog still maintains that the team finished at or even better than the talent level at this time on the roster. even the on-side kick decision in the philly game isn't in the dog's mind the no-brainer that everyone sees it as. the dog would be curious to know how many teams in the nfl over the years kick on-sides down only two scores with 7 minutes left in a game where the defense had effectively slowed the giants offense down, and when you have an offense that can score quickly. conventionaly wisdom in that scenario says you kick the ball deep, play defense, try and score and kick on-sides the next time when there is 2-3 minutes left. reid himself said he wouldn't have tried the kick had the giants sent the hands team on. and the dog doesn't blame coughlin for the ineptitude of the backs to hold onto the football, or the QB making inexperienced decisions after 7 years in the league...

you do not think he should have taught these two bone heads to hold the ball at chest level with 2 hands as he did Tiki

or sit their asses on the pine????? You don't hold him accountable for much......he has a very good #3 back he rarely if ever used. DJ Ware showed incredible desire and ability returning Kicks.....he should of been promoted to #1 RB and those two fools SAT until something penetrated their very very THICK skulls

he enters a SB potential season with a "ROOKIE" punter............he keeps Fnnnn Rocky Bernard because he has some guaranteed money and lets two decent DT's walk

Were he to throw in some trickery, even if it did not work, if he practiced some direct snaps, screens and end arounds he would regain the locker room

they would see him as a guy who wants to have some fun, wants to win at all costs, and is on their side, not as a guy who merely wants to appear conservative and totally in control of everything

you have about as much chance of seeing a changed Coughlin at this point as you do of seeing him lead the NY Gay Parade on Halloween.

We are Fukked until they get rid of this Ancient Artifact...........Ol Leatherhelmet Ironpants

as for the onsides kick I warned everyone on this site to look out for trickery......Reid does it to us 3-5 times every time we play them.........how many times does Coughlin have to have his pants pulled to his knees by that Fat Fukk before Coughlin learns to tighten his belt and wear suspenders when he plays the Eagles???? <_<

you do not think he should have taught these two bone heads to hold the ball at chest level with 2 hands as he did Tiki

or sit their asses on the pine????? You don't hold him accountable for much......he has a very good #3 back he rarely if ever used. DJ Ware showed incredible desire and ability returninjg Kicks.....he should of been promoted to #1 RB and those two fools SAT until something penetrated their very very THICK skulls

he enters a SB potential season with a "ROOKIE" punter............he keeps Fnnnn Rocky Bernard because he has some guaranteed money and lets two decent DT's walk

Were he to throw in some trickery, even if it did not work, if he practiced some direct snaps, screens and end arounds he would regain the locker room

they would see him as a guy who wants to have some fun, wants to win at all costs, and is on their side, not as a guy who merely wants to appear conservative and totally in control of everything

you have about as much chance of seeing a changed Coughlin at this point as you do of seeing him lead the NY Gay Parade on Halloween.

We are Fukked until they get rid of this Ancient Artifact...........Ol Leatherhelmet Ironpants

as for the onsides kick I warned everyone on this site to look out for trickery......Reid does it to us 3-5 times every time we play them.........how many times does Coughlin have to have his pants pulled to his knees by that fat fukk before he learns to tighten his belt and wear suspenders???? <_<

frankly, the dog doesn't hold coughlin responsible for two professional backs not learning to hold the ball. let's be honest, the dog is pretty sure this was a focal point during the season for these two fools, and the coaches surely worked on it and addressed it with them. the fact that they can't carry it over and generalize it to a game situation is on them. and if memory serves correctly, he did sit bradshaw. the dog doesn't disagree about mixing in some different plays to change the pace (trickery has it's place in football if timed well), but this to the dog is minor. good point about reid, but again, in tthat type of game, the situation didn't call for an onsides kick. if the kick had failed, everyone would be pointing to andy reid as blowing the chances for an eagle comeback when they had all the momentum and chose to execute perhaps the lowest percentage play next to a hail mary at a time when it wasn't warrented.

the dog would also disagree on entering a potential SB season, which is where the dog stands on the talent level. heading into this season, it is hard to say the giants were loaded and the favorite to make a run. we will disagree on this, but the dog still doesn't think the talent level is there. not that it is far off, but it is not there yet. not when you look at the level of the teams that were in the postseason, seattle be damned...

frankly, the dog doesn't hold coughlin responsible for two professional backs not learning to hold the ball. let's be honest, the dog is pretty sure this was a focal point during the season for these two fools, and the coaches surely worked on it and addressed it with them. the fact that they can't carry it over and generalize it to a game situation is on them. and if memory serves correctly, he did sit bradshaw. the dog doesn't disagree about mixing in some different plays to change the pace (trickery has it's place in football if timed well), but this to the dog is minor. good point about reid, but again, in tthat type of game, the situation didn't call for an onsides kick. if the kick had failed, everyone would be pointing to andy reid as blowing the chances for an eagle comeback when they had all the momentum and chose to execute perhaps the lowest percentage play next to a hail mary at a time when it wasn't warrented.

the dog would also disagree on entering a potential SB season, which is where the dog stands on the talent level. heading into this season, it is hard to say the giants were loaded and the favorite to make a run. we will disagree on this, but the dog still doesn't think the talent level is there. not that it is far off, but it is not there yet. not when you look at the level of the teams that were in the postseason, seattle be damned...

We will agree to disagree on this......with a HC like say Shanhan or The Chin we would be getting ready for a NY Giants Lombardi Celebration right in front of Jerry Jones and his Entourage. We had the talent, our HC is perhaps the worst in the NFL.......let me re-phrase that- worst at team motivation, coaching in December, innovation, team communication, and halftime adjustments.

I cannot really blame him for keeping Bernard- The Maras throw money around like manhole covers........they have to go also...........they are quite content with 10-6.........I'm not

Saying 10-6 was an accomplishment when you dont make the playoffs is total fnnnnnn bullshit.............especially when you controlled your destiny to the end and played the weakest teams in the NFL all year long to get those 10 wins.

What did we do beat one above 500 team- the Bears (no great team themselves)?

They brought him in to instill discipline.........its obvious no one in the Giants locker room even pays any attention to him anymore......if he did indeed scream at them to watch out for the onsides kick, they totally ignored him and turned upfield as soon as the ball was kicked........only one single guy held his ground What the FUKKK!!!!!! ONE GUY????? Explain that to me.....if the answer is "They did not listen to him" Checkmate- He has to go, the team does not listen to him......at the most critical point of the most critical game of the year, they IGNORED HIM, by his own admission....... arent you the least bit sick of losing to the Eagles game after game after game? .I rest my case....let the defense have the floor

We will agree to disagree on this......with a HC like say Shanhan or The Chin we would be getting ready for a NY Giants Lombardi Celebration right in front of Jerry Jones and his Entourage. We had the talent, our HC is perhaps the worst in the NFL.......let me re-phrase that- worst at team motivation, coaching in December, innovation, team communication, and halftime adjustments.

I cannot really blame him for keeping Bernard- The Maras throw money around like manhole covers........they have to go also...........they are quite content with 10-6.........I'm not

Saying 10-6 was an accomplishment when you dont make the playoffs is total fnnnnnn bullshit.............especially when you controlled your destiny to the end and played the weakest teams in the NFL all year long to get those 10 wins.

What did we do beat one above 500 team- the Bears (no great team themselves)?

They brought him in to instill discipline.........its obvious no one in the Giants locker room even pays any attention to him anymore......if he did indeed scream at them to watch out for the onsides kick, they totally ignored him and turned upfield as soon as the ball was kicked........only one single guy held his ground What the FUKKK!!!!!! ONE GUY????? Explain that to me.....if the answer is "They did not listen to him" Checkmate- He has to go, the team does not listen to him......at the most critical point of the most critical game of the year, they IGNORED HIM, by his own admission....... arent you the least bit sick of losing to the Eagles game after game after game? .I rest my case....let the defense have the floor

if they ignored him, then they certainly ignored the QB who came out two days later and gave a rousing speech 5 days before the packer game only to fall flat to the tune of 45-14. these are professional athletes with one goal - to win a super bowl. you are sitting at 9-4 ready to win the division and try and make a run for that one specific goal, and you are going to choose to ignore the head coach or sabatoge things? the dog doesn't buy it. you can hate your coach, but given those circumstances, you step up your game to win and achieve that goal. let's be honest, if you are on the return team in the NFL, and you need to be reminded in that situation to be sure the ball is kicked away, doesn't that speak to the dog's point that this team is lacking in talent and ability, or in this case, general football knowledge? in the end, the dog could see how if coughlin was fired, it would be something you could support, but like the offensive coordinator debate, given what is out there, the dog would be cautious about what you wish for...

if they ignored him, then they certainly ignored the QB who came out two days later and gave a rousing speech 5 days before the packer game only to fall flat to the tune of 45-14. these are professional athletes with one goal - to win a super bowl. you are sitting at 9-4 ready to win the division and try and make a run for that one specific goal, and you are going to choose to ignore the head coach or sabatoge things? the dog doesn't buy it. you can hate your coach, but given those circumstances, you step up your game to win and achieve that goal. let's be honest, if you are on the return team in the NFL, and you need to be reminded in that situation to be sure the ball is kicked away, doesn't that speak to the dog's point that this team is lacking in talent and ability, or in this case, general football knowledge? in the end, the dog could see how if coughlin was fired, it would be something you could support, but like the offensive coordinator debate, given what is out there, the dog would be cautious about what you wish for...

these are pampered over paid pre-schoolers for the most part

NO ....YOU HAVE TO GRAB THEM BY THE FNNNNN THROAT AS SHANHAN OR COWHER WOULD DO AND GET IT THROUGH THEIR THICK SKULLS

OR SIT THEM,,,,,,OR TRADE THEM, OR RELEASE THEM

COUGHLIN HAS NOW OVERSTAYED HIS WELCOME

THE ONLY REASON THEY DID NOT REPLACE HIM IS THE CHEAP SOBS DO NOT WANT TO PAY A HIGH PRICED NEW COACH AND AND A HIGH PRICED OLD DISCARDED HC IN A REPLACEMENT PLAYER YEAR

im really curious to see if Reese hires the best availale talent as replacements as mid year the real team will likely return and we can add silver to our trophy case........normally under Wellington we grabbed 53 guys off the street

these are pampered over paid pre-schoolers for the most part

NO ....YOU HAVE TO GRAB THEM BY THE FNNNNN THROAT AS SHANHAN OR COWHER WOULD DO AND GET IT THROUGH THEIR THICK SKULLS

OR SIT THEM,,,,,,OR TRADE THEM, OR RELEASE THEM

COUGHLIN HAS NOW OVERSTAYED HIS WELCOME

THE ONLY REASON THEY DID NOT REPLACE HIM IS THE CHEAP SOBS DO NOT WANT TO PAY A HIGH PRICED NEW COACH AND AND A HIGH PRICED OLD DISCARDED HC IN A REPLACEMENT PLAYER YEAR

well, this is certainly something you and the dog can agree 100% on...

I don't disagree....but the utter lack of no huddle (outside of when the game had gotten away) is cause for criticism.

Regardless, the tempo must be improved....there are times in the game where the defense is on the ropes, and yet the Giants allow them to collect themselves....situations where a quick snap and a hand off to Jacobs would be far more effective.

I'd use it whenver I have favorable matchups and I'm at home. That's basically what Indy does. No huddle doesn't mean hurry up which is what you are describing. It just means you call the plays at the line. It' takes full advantage of the home field.

I'd use it whenver I have favorable matchups and I'm at home. That's basically what Indy does. No huddle doesn't mean hurry up which is what you are describing. It just means you call the plays at the line. It' takes full advantage of the home field.

That's also why the Saints are so effective at home. Drew Brees is terrific in those situations.

Eli was ineffective because the players around him were ineffective

no man is an Island, and he tried to do things hes not particularly good at, like throwing over the middle, to pick up the slack

thats what got him all the INTs......if he were stepping in the bucket like Collins used to do I would be more critical but he did not do that.......he simply threw it too high.......backstepping would cause you to loft ducks.....his were thrown hard but too high

I don't disagree....but the utter lack of no huddle (outside of when the game had gotten away) is cause for criticism.

Regardless, the tempo must be improved....there are times in the game where the defense is on the ropes, and yet the Giants allow them to collect themselves....situations where a quick snap and a hand off to Jacobs would be far more effective.

The speed of the offensive playcalling/execution has been a concern throughout Gilbride's tenure.

Its as if Gilfuck is looking for the perfect play...over thinking the situation. Then Eli is reduced to five seconds pre snap to make his reads; get everyone in position; and Oh My GOD...I have to change the play...flag or not having the offense in synch resulting in a miscue of various magnitudes. :facepalm: