SportsWrath

Where was that #1 ranked D today?

so-cal dub

I thought we would have trouble with offense. Injuries and I expected Gilbride to call conservative plays... nstead Gilbride knew Dallas' secondary was crap and attacked at will. If not for Eli thinking he was a Farve/Peton clone and forcing bad throws we had them where we wanted them.''

Think JJ wants Fewell now? He called a shit defense plan, no pressure, and it seemed our backs were lost. Why not double team Bryant after he pretty much was all Kitna was going to? Our great run D was sleeping today.

Look, I'm not worried about this loss. We wont be battling Dallas for the division crown or the playoff chances, plus this is only our 1st conference loss.

However, if we play like this against Philly we are going to get destroyed. Hopefully the cliche' "trap game" comes into play and we were just looking past Dallas to a team that will have significance on the outcome on the division.''

...and to make it worse, Eli wasnt Eli of the last 5 games,

Well kids, here's looking to making Philly look like shit next week. Season is not over by a long shot. Smiles people. Just one one loss

I honestly think this was one of those games which was decided because of the Vegas betting lines. Can you imagine the money that was lost because of that game today? And I think Jerry Jones paid us close to $1 billion requesting us to please throw this game because he didnt want the #1 team in the NFC to deliver a franchise demoralizing beat-down on a piss-poor varsity team. A lot of the calls were questionable, a lot of our defensive schemes were questionable, a lot of the play-calling was questionable. This was certainly not the team that played the last 5 weeks. I honestly think this one was fixed.

The most notable thing was the lack of pressure on Kitna. I expected troubles on offense, but I didn't expect a pick six or the defense not to show up.

I thought the inability of the LB's and CB's to tackle was the most notable thing... any screen play was a 20 yard+ gain... same thing for any run that got past the line of scrimmage.

I thought the inability of the LB's and CB's to tackle was the most notable thing... any screen play was a 20 yard+ gain... same thing for any run that got past the line of scrimmage.

I can't really argue against this. The defense overall sucked pretty hard.

Not for anything, but the giants have given up over 30 points on two occassions to the 2-7 cowboys (albeit there was a defensive score in the mix), over 30 points to the colts, and 29 to the titans. they have shut down the bears (knocked the QB out midway, but had them shut down anyway), the texans (below average team), the seahawks (below average team missing starting lineman and starting QB), and the lions (who scored 20 points with a second and third string QB and who are 2-6). the dog is just saying, like last year, the level of competition is swinging up the rest of the way for the giants. let's not ordain the DC just yet based on the first half of the year. the results are mixed at best.