SportsWrath

Milwaukee Brewers (6-3) at New York Mets (7-1)

Plax 4 Prez

So far the mets have been playing beautifully as a team. Someone in the last game post made a comment after the first inning of the last washington game. Saying i cant explain the felling i get from this team. I know exactly what your saying its a feeling like we have something really special this year. I know its early, but this is the best mets team ive ever seen. Also this team just gels so well together, always joking around with each other and getting each others backs.

It is going to be a fun season.

I think Billy Wagner is giong to be the key to this milwaukee series. We will put up a lot of runs, but i think these games are going to be closer at the end than the washington games were. Milwaukees closer already has 5 saves.

The mets are going to keep playing solid ball, and Billy Wagner is going to shine in this series.

Not to jinx us, but whos feeling 10-1 when we welcome atlanta to town

it will be a good series vs the brewers

oh ya i almost forgot.... the mets have a 4 game lead on the division already...

LETS RUUUUUNNNN AWWAY WITH THIS THING EARLY....

how many times last year did we go 10 games over 500???? im not sure we even did, maybe once...

how nice is it going to be when we are... 10 games over 500 only 12-20 games into the season

Mets open series with Brewers

Milwaukee Brewers (6-3) at New York Mets (7-1) 7:10 p.m. ET

The Mets venture outside the thus-far friendly confines of the National League East for the first time Friday night, when they face the Brewers in the opener of a three-game series.

Milwaukee, which ended a modest losing streak at three games with an extra-inning victory in St. Louis on Thursday, clearly is a more formidable opponent than the Nationals or Marlins. So the Mets can begin to measure themselves a bit more accurately.

The Brewers have solved Shea Stadium, winning nine of their last 12 games there after losing 16 of their first 19 in Queens after switching over to the National League. It's up to New York to solve Carlos Lee, who has five home runs this season, including the game winner Thursday, and who likes Shea. He has two doubles, two home runs and a .533 average in 15 at-bats there.

Pitching matchup

MIL: LHP Chris Capuano (1-1, 3.65 ERA)

Capuano outpitched Tom Glavine at Miller Park on May 8 last season -- neither starter was involved in the decision. He allowed three runs -- two on a home run by Mike Cameron -- in seven innings. He is 0-1 in two starts against the Mets for his career.

NYM: LHP Tom Glavine (1-0, 2.25 ERA)

Glavine has been more successful than effective in his 11 career starts against the Brewers. His record against them is 5-3, his ERA is 4.97. He allowed four earned runs in 11 hits in his lone start against the Brewers in 2005, a 5-4 loss in Milwaukee in May.

Player to watch

The 12 active Mets who have faced Capuano have 53 total at-bats against him, with just five hits. That's an .094 batting average. Paul Lo Duca, Carlos Delgado, David Wright, Xavier Nady, Victor Diaz, Julio Franco, Chris Woodward, Ramon Castro and Glavine are hitless in 39 at-bats against the left-hander.

On the Internet

MLB.TV

Gameday Audio

• Gameday

• Official game notes

On television

• SNY

On radio

• WFAN 660 AM, WADO 1280 AM (Español)

Up next

Saturday: Brewers (Tomo Ohka, 0-0, 1.29 ERA) at Mets (Steve Trachsel, 1-0, 1.50 ERA) 1:10 p.m. ET

Sunday: Brewers (Ben Sheets, 10-9, 3.33 ERA in 2005) at Mets (Brian Bannister, 1-0, 2.77 ERA) 1:10 p.m. ET

Monday: Braves (Jorge Sosa, 0-2, 11.37 ERA) at Mets (Pedro Martinez, 2-0, 3.46 ERA) 7:10 p.m. ET

If it is come over to the yankees section and try and keep the bashing down were trying to get the yankees section moving and with the help of some and you we can get it really moving!! :TU:

I looked at the radar. I am 95% sure that the game will be on tonight :flex:

Glavine is looking pretty sharp so farm throwing strikeouts..... It is just too bad that I doubt he can keep it up all season.

What do you think of Ron Darling doing the game.... pretty good so far, not as arrogant as Hernandez

Glavine is looking pretty sharp so farm throwing strikeouts..... It is just too bad that I doubt he can keep it up all season.

What do you think of Ron Darling doing the game.... pretty good so far, not as arrogant as Hernandez

He's good. He's done three so far this year.

Hernandez always talks about himself, anyone else notice that?

Other thread in general baseball