SportsWrath

I used to be one of Brandon Jacobs biggest backers

JackStroud

However I really had no idea how dumb he was.

I guess throwing the football at the timing clock was Brandons defining moment.....hes just a dumb F

This guy needs to take a seat and develop his short yardage skills.....he's no #1 RB

We have a couple of guys who can rotate as primary backs......Jacobs is a mess in a dress

This kid from Paterson Cruz is a wunderkind.........played like a HOF receiver in his first fnnnn game

PS- to any of you who were glad to see Blackburn get chop blocked.....shame on you......I hope Chase is OK

More of a 'mute' than an 'audible'.

I'm not condeming Jacobs for just that play............hes become an average back who has head and knee issues

We can do better with other backs in there.........let him develop into a 3rd down back who can get the short yardage and protect the QB in pass plays

hes become slow footed too........not what you want in a full time player

hes holding us back as a full time player

do you remember tony galbreath???.........now there was a 3rd down back

I'm not condeming Jacobs for just that play............hes become an average back who has head and knee issues

We can do better with other backs in there.........let him develop into a 3rd down back who can get the short yardage and protect the QB in pass plays

hes become slow footed too........not what you want in a full time player

hes holding us back as a full time player

do you remember tony galbreath???.........now there was a 3rd down back

NONE of the RBs could find gaps last night, Bradshaw had three runs for -1 yards. Rhett had the longest run of the night. The blocking was seriously depleted.

yeah eli audibled to a pass out of a run, without telling anybody.

Not quite. Eli said it was 'his fault', but he also said right after that that the called play was either a run or a pass and he read the defense as 'pass'.

I'm guessing there was single coverage on the outside which made it a pass play, but Jacobs didn't make the read . And Eli is just trying to take some slack off of him

Of course I don't know for sure...but if I had to make a wager as to who messed up, Eli or Jacobs, I'm going to put my money on Jacobs. Eli will always say its his fault, even when it isn't.

I didn't like Jacobs' attitude after the play either. I have no idea what the fuck he was laughing about, even if it was all on Eli. That could have been sooo much worse. Haha, the season was about one inch from being over before it started, so fucking funny Jacobs.

Not quite. Eli said it was 'his fault', but he also said right after that that the called play was either a run or a pass and he read the defense as 'pass'.

I'm guessing there was single coverage on the outside which made it a pass play, but Jacobs didn't make the read . And Eli is just trying to take some slack off of him

Of course I don't know for sure...but if I had to make a wager as to who messed up, Eli or Jacobs, I'm going to put my money on Jacobs. Eli will always say its his fault, even when it isn't.

I didn't like Jacobs' attitude after the play either. I have no idea what the fuck he was laughing about, even if it was all on Eli. That could have been sooo much worse. Haha, the season was about one inch from being over before it started, so fucking funny Jacobs.

im also going by the o-line run blocking on that play and not pass blocking.

Guest StrahansGap

Jacobs ran like a pussy all last year. He claims he was injured all season. So What was his excuse last night? He STILL runs like a pussy. He doesn't attack anymore. He reminds me of a pop Warner running back who waits 3 seconds after getting the ball from his QB, before he picks the biggest hole to run through. Most of the times its too late and he's tackled for a loss. I see a lot of hesitation.....like, well.......a pussy!

Jacobs ran like a pussy all last year. He claims he was injured all season. So What was his excuse last night? He STILL runs like a pussy. He doesn't attack anymore. He reminds me of a pop Warner running back who waits 3 seconds after getting the ball from his QB, before he picks the biggest hole to run through. Most of the times its too late and he's tackled for a loss. I see a lot of hesitation.....like, well.......a pussy!

finally someone with a more than half a brain on this board ........you NAILED IT

You do know the Bradshaw had a combined three carries for -3 yards last night right?

Take away the 51 yard desperation scamper and were talking about how both Bradshaw and Jacobs are running like pop warner players.

Neither of them impressed me last night. I think all this talk about how Bradshaw was "stepping up into the starting role" in training camp was just a lie started by the media.

Brown was the only good looking RB out there when not returning kicks....then again he was only playing against 2nd/3rd string players.

I used to be one of Jack Stroud's biggest backers. rolleyes.gif

Defense is always ahead of offense at this point. Don't read much into it- Jets RB couldn't get going either.

Crazed Dog- you make a good point but it was a really tight set. I can see Jacobs being focused on hitting the line hard.

Plus he's so used to us just trying to pound the ball in, it's shocking to everyone when we show some innovation at the goal line.

im also going by the o-line run blocking on that play and not pass blocking.

Good observation, I noticed that too...but that doesn't mean it wasn't a run/pass. You couldn't run a five or seven step drop like that, not without audibling, but it looked to me like Eli wasn't even taking a full 3 step drop, just one step and throw. All you need to make it work is a QB, RB, and WR that are all paying attention, everybody else can be in the dark, its even more deceptive that way.

But this time either the RB or the QB wasn't paying attention. Maybe Eli fucked up and made a mental error, everyone does every now and then, but my money is on the guy with the learning disability.

This is what I think as well

Defense is always ahead of offense at this point. Don't read much into it- Jets RB couldn't get going either.

Exactly....it's still very early. Things will come together.....the Jets have a good defense, and they always seem to take this game more seriously.