SportsWrath

Kicker Nick Folk To Tryout For Giants

Mr. P

During their push to the playoffs, the Dallas Cowboys made a change at kicker.

Nick Folk, a Pro Bowler as a rookie in 2007, was abruptly cut, not long after the Cowboys considered putting him on injured reserve in the hopes that he'd work through whatever it was that has caused him to develop a case of the kicking yips.

Instead, he's on the market, and he'll be heading to one town later this week for two tryouts.

Per a league source, Folk is heading to New York, where he'll work out for both the Giants and the Jets.

The Jets' kicker, Jay Feely is due to become an unrestricted free agent. For the Giants, Lawrence Tynes is under contract through 2010 at salaries of $1.1 million this year, $1.2 million in 2011, and $1.3 million in 2012.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/17/nick-folk-has-two-tryouts-coming-up/

Lawrence Tynes is under contract through 2010 at salaries of $1.1 million this year, $1.2 million in 2011, and $1.3 million in 2012.

A million+ to kick a ball a few times a game.

Janikowski just got a deal for 4 years $16 mil, $9 mil of it guaranteed.

Fuck me, I'm in the wrong business.

I found it kind of odd Dallas just dropped Folk like that, especially considering they picked up Suisham instead. I'd rather have Nas kicking for us than Suisham. Folk's gotta be better than Tynes.

BTW, I was watching ESPN First Take this morning and they had Feely on a phone interview. They were discussing Janakowski's deal and the importance of the kicker in a game, when Feely was suddenly cut off. So they kept talking and I think it was Dana Jacobson said that when Feely was with the Giants he was the 3rd cornerback. Did anyone know this? I'm not sure if he was just that good or if we were just that desperate at corner.

I found it kind of odd Dallas just dropped Folk like that, especially considering they picked up Suisham instead. I'd rather have Nas kicking for us than Suisham. Folk's gotta be better than Tynes.

BTW, I was watching ESPN First Take this morning and they had Feely on a phone interview. They were discussing Janakowski's deal and the importance of the kicker in a game, when Feely was suddenly cut off. So they kept talking and I think it was Dana Jacobson said that when Feely was with the Giants he was the 3rd cornerback. Did anyone know this? I'm not sure if he was just that good or if we were just that desperate at corner.

There's no way Jay Feely was our nickelback, lol....

If Feely was still on the Giants, he'd probably be starting at linebacker.

Haven't you guys learned yet that the Giants just tease their fans every six months or so with the idea of an NFL-caliber kicker... just to keep noodle-legged Lawrence Tynes anyway?

Nick Folk isn't an NFL-caliber kicker, either....or even an idea of an NFL-caliber kicker. I'd much rather keep Lawrence "Party" Tynes.

Haven't you guys learned yet that the Giants just tease their fans every six months or so with the idea of an NFL-caliber kicker... just to keep noodle-legged Lawrence Tynes anyway?

True.....I'm not even going to bother to see what rookie kickers we'll pass up in the draft and free agency this year.

After all, why take a chance on someone who could be a weapon when you can have proven mediocrity instead?

He just goes to his safety deposit box he shares with Gilbride and takes out the vid clip of Coughlin getting A-Trained by Reese and Mara...makes a copy and dead drops a mailing to the above listed ...and voila another incentive is added to his contract like if I only kick out of bounds 5 times a year I get an extra 100g's.... ;)

He just goes to his safety deposit box he shares with Gilbride and takes out the vid clip of Coughlin getting A-Trained by Reese and Mara...makes a copy and dead drops a mailing to the above listed ...and voila another incentive is added to his contract like if I only kick out of bounds 5 times a year I get an extra 100g's.... ;)

I think that's Matt Bryant you're thinking of...with the kicking it out of bounds only 5 times a year netting him an extra 100g...or a nice contract with the Bucs for a couple years....he actually kicked about a 100X's better for them than for us, though..... <_<