SportsWrath

These guys are apparenty gone

JackStroud

Jack's link

Um, Jack--this is Paul Schwartz's opinion--he's a smart guy, and I agree with most of it. But there's no basis in fact here. We have to wait and see.

Yes, Coughlin takes the blame for hiring Sheridan--as does Reese, Mara, and Tisch, who all approved of the hiring. But he isn't going anywhere, and frankly, that's a good thing.

Oh, wouldn't be surprised if Tynes joins your list. You don't bring in kickers twice during a season if you're satisfied with the production that your current kicker is providing.

Oh, yeah, hope you're having a good holiday...

you too.....hope 2010 is a terrific year for you and yours

Oh yes he said Robbins was going too..........what is this facination with Coughlin??? He cannot coach to the talent level, and hes not a motivator

I said at the beginning of the year it was a huge mistake not to scour the league for the best possible DC .....Coughlin treated it like hiring a locker room attendant. Having a bad DC nearly got his axx fired 3 years ago

The old goat has to go sooner or later........two embarassing Decembers in a row.....time to move his axx out....he admitted yesterday Jacobs was playing on a bad knee all year HELLLLOOOOOOO!!!!!!

He is not a positive factor.....just a caretaker HC........much like Wade Phillips......but even Phillips has a smidgen of a personality

Pulesase....do you think people want to run through walls for old Tom?

I'm sorry, I can't even begging to blame Sheridan without noticing the DT position needs a major upgrade. Our DT were disgusting this year....

On a side note, I hope we can get Eric Berry, Rolando McClain or Dan Williams

I'm sorry, I can't even begging to blame Sheridan without noticing the DT position needs a major upgrade. Our DT were disgusting this year....

Berry is the best safety prospect since Sean Taylor, we're not getting him.

sheridan, his little dog pierce, mckenzie, seubert, bernard, dockery, cc brown, jacobs, danny clark, feagles

thats all for now

in my humble opinion all off this must be layed at coughlins feet and he should go too

All of these guys are free agents, as is Robbins...no WAY does Robbins get a contract this offseason. Barry Cofield needs to be a priority, I don't believe he has ever missed a start..he's been starting as a rookie too.

Didn't you want us to go for Haynesworth too?

you too.....hope 2010 is a terrific year for you and yours

Oh yes he said Robbins was going too..........what is this facination with Coughlin??? He cannot coach to the talent level, and hes not a motivator

I said at the beginning of the year it was a huge mistake not to scour the league for the best possible DC .....Coughlin treated it like hiring a locker room attendant. Having a bad DC nearly got his axx fired 3 years ago

The old goat has to go sooner or later........two embarassing Decembers in a row.....time to move his axx out....he admitted yesterday Jacobs was playing on a bad knee all year HELLLLOOOOOOO!!!!!!

He is not a positive factor.....just a caretaker HC........much like Wade Phillips......but even Phillips has a smidgen of a personality

Pulesase....do you think people want to run through walls for old Tom?

So what, neither is Belichick or any number of other coaches. The head coach doesn't have to be the rah-rah guy... but *someone* does...thats what this team is missing, an emotional spark plug.

So what, neither is Belichick or any number of other coaches. The head coach doesn't have to be the rah-rah guy... but *someone* does...thats what this team is missing, an emotional spark plug.

Bellicheck does have a personality and is a motivator.....he proved that over and over as Giants DC

He just does not show that to the public......as far as he's concerned we the /press/fans are a necessary evil

I'm sure as Tom says "his door is always open" but I'll bet few are takers........

lets get Cowher or Chuckie......join the modern world.....get some cheerleaders.....go on lets have fun and win campaign

it really pains me to see Cushing made the Pro Bowl........I was livid we didnt trade up for him or the other guy with the long hair from USC

can you explain to me why Tom started a RB with a bad knee for 15 games.....I dont have a clue

Bellicheck does have a personality and is a motivator.....he proved that over and over as Giants DC

He just does not show that to the public......as far as he's concerned we the /press/fans are a necessary evil

I'm sure as Tom says "his door is always open" but I'll bet few are takers........

lets get Cowher or Chuckie......join the modern world.....get some cheerleaders.....go on lets have fun and win campaign

it really pains me to see Cushing made the Pro Bowl........I was livid we didnt trade up for him or the other guy with the long hair from USC

can you explain to me why Tom started a RB with a bad knee for 15 games.....I dont have a clue

For one thing, Ware got hurt on the opening kickoff and Bradshaw was playing hurt, too. Then there's the money angle - when you're making $5M (admittedly, a JR mistake), if there's anyway you can play, you're going to play......which is the same reason, Jacobs will be back next year.

As for Coughlin, this is the first time he hasn't made the playoffs in 5 years. He's made adjustments and corrections when needed in the past and I'd have to give him the benefit of the doubt that he can do it again, including changes to the staff. Besides, firing a guy after the first non-playoff year in 5 years sounds like Danny Boy Snyder down in DC.

Now, that said, the honeymoon is now clearly over. He's officially coaching to keep his job going into next year.

One more thing - what do cheerleaders have to do with ANYTHING?!?! You can sit right where you are now, Jack and see all the tail you want with a few keystrokes. Have fun.

Didn't you want us to go for Haynesworth too?

Yep...And the Giants were in the hunt for about 2 seconds. The Giants were in the process of offering Haynesworth a 70 million contract. I think our season would have been better if we gotten Fat Albert...

I think the Giants tried to address their need... But it just didn't work out.

For one thing, Ware got hurt on the opening kickoff and Bradshaw was playing hurt, too. Then there's the money angle - when you're making $5M (admittedly, a JR mistake), if there's anyway you can play, you're going to play......which is the same reason, Jacobs will be back next year.

As for Coughlin, this is the first time he hasn't made the playoffs in 5 years. He's made adjustments and corrections when needed in the past and I'd have to give him the benefit of the doubt that he can do it again, including changes to the staff. Besides, firing a guy after the first non-playoff year in 5 years sounds like Danny Boy Snyder down in DC.

Now, that said, the honeymoon is now clearly over. He's officially coaching to keep his job going into next year.

One more thing - what do cheerleaders have to do with ANYTHING?!?! You can sit right where you are now, Jack and see all the tail you want with a few keystrokes. Have fun.

Well in the No Fun League its one of the few fun things condoned- Cheerleaders Cheer, happy, get it

The Giants have the passion of a bunch of undertakers under Coughlin......yes he instilled discipline but hes worn off .... the players have tuned him out

We need real change....not just a dead wood burning, and scooting off a pathetic DC

Coughlin hired his axx......against my protest.....he did not scour the league for the best available DC talent.....he's a crotchity old goat....and its time for him to fade to black......why, for instance, has he not DEMANDED the front office draft some LBer talent.....why in hexx did we not pay Kawika Mitchell 5 million dollars when we can pay Eli 100 million or more????

Look at the Jets and the new life Rex Ryan has breathed into that franchise.......they have the #1 D........do you really feel for a minute they have the most talent on D???? No....it's Rex, his passion, his schemes, his emotional presense........the kind of presense Spags brought to the Giants

I begged the Giants to hire Coughlin, and get rid of Fassel, who had no business being a HC......now I'm begging them to get rid of Coughlin and bring in someone with a pulse

Well in the No Fun League its one of the few fun things condoned- Cheerleaders Cheer, happy, get it

The Giants have the passion of a bunch of undertakers under Coughlin......yes he instilled discipline but hes worn off .... the players have tuned him out

We need real change....not just a dead wood burning, and scooting off a pathetic DC

Coughlin hired his axx......against my protest.....he did not scour the league for the best available DC talent.....he's a crotchity old goat....and its time for him to fade to black......why, for instance, has he not DEMANDED the front office draft some LBer talent.....why in hexx did we not pay Kawika Mitchell 5 million dollars when we can pay Eli 100 million or more????

Look at the Jets and the new life Rex Ryan has breathed into that franchise.......they have the #1 D........do you really feel for a minute they have the most talent on D???? No....it's Rex, his passion, his schemes, his emotional presense........the kind of presense Spags brought to the Giants

I begged the Giants to hire Coughlin, and get rid of Fassel, who had no business being a HC......now I'm begging them to get rid of Coughlin and bring in someone with a pulse

Agreed that Ryan has breathed life into the Jets and we need to do the same for our D. I'd remind you though, that the Jets made a few horrible coach hires before getting Ryan, so just hiring a new guy isn't always the answer.

As for the Sheridan hire as opposed to going outside, it was about continuity. We had one of the best defenses in the NFL, so TC wanted someone to build on the system in place, not tear it down and start from scratch, like say, Capers and his 3 - 4 schemes would have done. Yes, we know now that Sheridan is a disaster but hindsight is always 20:20. At the time the decision was made, it made sense.

Finally, what you seem to hate about TC most is his personality and I might not like that part of him any more than you but a good coach doesn't have to be Dale Carnegy and we can go down a long list of guys who were SOBs but great coaches, starting with Lombardi.

And NO head coach can do much "demanding" of his GM. Check the chain of command. But obviously, both JR & TC thought Kehl, Goff, Wilkerson would start to develop by now and so did I and so did many here. No coach, no GM and certainly no fans are 100% correct in all player assessments and it looks like we've done a poor job at the LB spot. My guess is we'll find a way to correct that. But unless you are Dan Snyder, you just don't panic and fire the world at every set back.

Agreed that Ryan has breathed life into the Jets and we need to do the same for our D. I'd remind you though, that the Jets made a few horrible coach hires before getting Ryan, so just hiring a new guy isn't always the answer.

As for the Sheridan hire as opposed to going outside, it was about continuity. We had one of the best defenses in the NFL, so TC wanted someone to build on the system in place, not tear it down and start from scratch, like say, Capers and his 3 - 4 schemes would have done. Yes, we know now that Sheridan is a disaster but hindsight is always 20:20. At the time the decision was made, it made sense.

Finally, what you seem to hate about TC most is his personality and I might not like that part of him any more than you but a good coach doesn't have to be Dale Carnegy and we can go down a long list of guys who were SOBs but great coaches, starting with Lombardi.

And NO head coach can do much "demanding" of his GM. Check the chain of command. But obviously, both JR & TC thought Kehl, Goff, Wilkerson would start to develop by now and so did I and so did many here. No coach, no GM and certainly no fans are 100% correct in all player assessments and it looks like we've done a poor job at the LB spot. My guess is we'll find a way to correct that. But unless you are Dan Snyder, you just don't panic and fire the world at every set back.

LOL I'm old enough to remember Vince well......he was a very very funny guy but stern when it was called for......I'm telling you Coughlin has NO personality

He's like the grumpy old guy who lives in the colonial next door and complains tot he cops when you throw a pool party