SportsWrath

What do you guys think of Sheridan

JackStroud

If he'd played at the level he did last year, we might be 8-2, even with our shitty defense. I don't know whether it's him or the rookie receivers running the wrong routes, or both. We also still can't consistently punch out a 1 or 2 yd gain when needed, either.

That's another thing. Why don't they ever give Hedge the ball on short yardage. If anything, it would show their defenses that he's an option.

They definitely tried the Hedgecock on 3rd and Short before...it didn't work and the coaches were ridiculed by everyone from announcers to everyone on this board.

We have a finesse offensive line...not a big, mean, physical one...that's why we historically can't gain a yard on 3rd and short.

But btw, Eli Manning is having an exponentially better season than even last year. If he continues to produce as he has been, he's on pace for career highs in just about every statistical category.

hey didnt we give up 2000 points Spags first 3 games?

calm the F down.....were just getting healthy, and we have a strong young leader at MLBer

Hopefully Sheridan is not a total dunce and figures out how to draw the right map

LOL, are you telling yourself to calm down? You were the one w ho posted the 200 points thread in the first place.

Sheridan is just an idiot. He might give it everything he has and work extra-hard etc, but the guy clearly has no brains. he is just not intelligent. Almost all OCs can out-think this brainiac. Why else would he even consider giving Jacobs Ward's plays in the first place? I mean - thats not exactly an experiment. How did such a thought even come into his head in the first place - giving a shifty back's plays to a bruiser. This fuck would give Reggie Bush's plays to Jerome Bettis too if he had the opportunity. Clearly he is incapable of making any adjustments and his brain has given up on him. He is stupid and cant think. We need someone like Spags who even though gave up a plethora of points initially made the exact right adjustments to make this defense nasty. Sheridan is just a low-IQ imbecile.

I hold my opinion till the end of the season when I can make a half-assed conclusion. Sheridan is having a tough time trying to solve these late game comebacks. We're also having problems shutting teams down in the red zone. We can only guess things would be better under Spagnuolo and fortunately he is not here to prove otherwise or else we'd be back to "WE HAVE NO TALENT ON DEFENSE" threads.

I think the problem goes beyond Sheridan so far and I don't think he is the problem. I don't like watching our pass rushers drop back into coverage, but Tuck has managed to do a decent job of it and I wouldn't call that a horrible use of talent.

They definitely tried the Hedgecock on 3rd and Short before...it didn't work and the coaches were ridiculed by everyone from announcers to everyone on this board.

I don't remember it, but I'll go with that.

We have a finesse offensive line...not a big, mean, physical one...that's why we historically can't gain a yard on 3rd and short.

Yep!

But btw, Eli Manning is having an exponentially better season than even last year. If he continues to produce as he has been, he's on pace for career highs in just about every statistical category.

According to his rating, yeah. 92 vs 86 last year. He just seems to be rushing his throws or dumping them too early, and he's not using the pocket like he used to.

Btw, I think Phillips being out has a lot of our defensive problems.

I don't remember it, but I'll go with that.

Yep!

According to his rating, yeah. 92 vs 86 last year. He just seems to be rushing his throws or dumping them too early, and he's not using the pocket like he used to.

Btw, I think Phillips being out has a lot of our defensive problems.

Well, yardage and touchdowns, too...he's been good on 3rd down and everywhere except inside the red zone, pretty much...he does have a tendency to force a lot of throws, especially if Tom Coughlin has him out there with 40 seconds left before halftime trying to do way too much....like in NO and Arizona.

I wish I could remember which game it was that he called in a hedgecock dive on 3rd and 1...I'm pretty sure we were driving too....

The loss of Phillips was definitely a big blow...I wish we had plugged Rouse right in because CC Brown single handedly has given up probably 35 points.

Blackburn came out and said there was a lot of disorganization and people out of position at the end of the Atlanta game

People were not lining up right and the signals coming in were confused

I wonder if the Giants defensive coaching staff really has an

NFL level of competency

Well, yardage and touchdowns, too...he's been good on 3rd down and everywhere except inside the red zone, pretty much...he does have a tendency to force a lot of throws, especially if Tom Coughlin has him out there with 40 seconds left before halftime trying to do way too much....like in NO and Arizona.

I wish I could remember which game it was that he called in a hedgecock dive on 3rd and 1...I'm pretty sure we were driving too....

The loss of Phillips was definitely a big blow...I wish we had plugged Rouse right in because CC Brown single handedly has given up probably 35 points.

Phillips was a playmaker, pure and simple. Great feel for the position. I hope to God he's back next season.

I'm thinking that safety might very well be our #1 free agent need next season....we really need a solid veterain to come in and nail that position down....I'm not sure what Phillips career prospects are with his injury....might be a Bo Jackson situation.

Phillips was a playmaker, pure and simple. Great feel for the position. I hope to God he's back next season.

I'm thinking that safety might very well be our #1 free agent need next season....we really need a solid veterain to come in and nail that position down....I'm not sure what Phillips career prospects are with his injury....might be a Bo Jackson situation.

Well, Phillips injury is definitely career threatening, which is too bad, because he's obviously a great player. He's got an arthritic knee, basically...and any of you that have a rheumatism due to age or just plain arthritis know how hard it is to even move that arthritic knee...

And Iceman, I dunno wtf you're talking about but Bill Sheridan has no control over what the offense does, and thus, doesn't tell Brandon Jacobs to run Derrick Ward plays. Your gripe is with Kevin Gilbride, an equal person to put responsibility on but solely responsible for what plays the RB runs.

Well, Phillips injury is definitely career threatening, which is too bad, because he's obviously a great player. He's got an arthritic knee, basically...and any of you that have a rheumatism due to age or just plain arthritis know how hard it is to even move that arthritic knee...

And Iceman, I dunno wtf you're talking about but Bill Sheridan has no control over what the offense does, and thus, doesn't tell Brandon Jacobs to run Derrick Ward plays. Your gripe is with Kevin Gilbride, an equal person to put responsibility on but solely responsible for what plays the RB runs.

yes i was not going to mention it

thought iceman might have been celebrating thanksgiving early or smoking a bit of weed there :o)