SportsWrath

What do you guys think of Sheridan

JackStroud

Should we have let him sit in the booth

It seems hes having problem organizing blitz packages

the linemen are not looping..........there is very little upfront deception

just standard 4 man rushing with an occasional :LBer.........this was his stated plan and frankly it stinks :confused:

Actually, I agree with you on this one 100%. I think that we're going straight up on the front line and I see little variation in the scheme. I don't know what Spags did differently in the overall, but one thing's certain, I don't see our DT's in the backfield.

I also think that Fred maybe never fully healed from microfracture surgery.

Normally, I'd give a 1st year coordinator a pass, but this guy inherited a very good defense. However, Sheridan would look a lot smarter if we could generate a 4 man pass rush like we used to with Spags....Osi and Tuck are nowhere near their 2007 form, and I think a lot of the problems start there.

However, a good coordinator schemes to cover the thin spots, and right now, there are glaring holes in our defense that are being exploited week after week. I wish I had answers for the defense....I think we have defensive issues that include players and coaches.....this is where Coughlin needs to come in and figure out what's going on, because there is no further margin for error.

Our defense is a huge concern right now. When the game is on the line, the defense swoons like a teenage girl at a Beatles concert. Totally unacceptable. I'm telling you, even when we were up by 2 TD's in the 4th quarter, I had absolutely no faith that the defense would shut them down.....and then when I saw Tuck rolling around on the field like a clubbed baby seal, I was like "here we go again....".

We don't need the defense to become the Steel Curtain to win this division, but let's face it, if not for Eli Manning going lights-out, we'd be at 5-5 right now.

So, right now, the best grade I can give Sheridan is "Incomplete".

Normally, I'd give a 1st year coordinator a pass, but this guy inherited a very good defense. However, Sheridan would look a lot smarter if we could generate a 4 man pass rush like we used to with Spags....Osi and Tuck are nowhere near their 2007 form, and I think a lot of the problems start there.

However, a good coordinator schemes to cover the thin spots, and right now, there are glaring holes in our defense that are being exploited week after week. I wish I had answers for the defense....I think we have defensive issues that include players and coaches.....this is where Coughlin needs to come in and figure out what's going on, because there is no further margin for error.

Our defense is a huge concern right now. When the game is on the line, the defense swoons like a teenage girl at a Beatles concert. Totally unacceptable. I'm telling you, even when we were up by 2 TD's in the 4th quarter, I had absolutely no faith that the defense would shut them down.....and then when I saw Tuck rolling around on the field like a clubbed baby seal, I was like "here we go again....".

We don't need the defense to become the Steel Curtain to win this division, but let's face it, if not for Eli Manning going lights-out, we'd be at 5-5 right now.

He stated when he took the job "I'm not going to use all the exotic blitz packages Spanuola did" Scmuck but man of his word

link?

It was an article in the Bergen Record

nearly fell off the chair.........then he dropped the bomb about coaching from the booth

I nearly fell off the balcony

look this guy has not impressed me........his personnel is better than the results hes getting

when Osi left the team for a day after a run in with the guy I knew my hunch had been right........probably a military type leader like coughlin

It was an article in the Bergen Record

nearly fell off the chair.........then he dropped the bomb about coaching from the booth

I nearly fell off the balcony

look this guy has not impressed me........his personnel is better than the results hes getting

when Osi left the team for a day after a run in with the guy I knew my hunch had been right........probably a military type leader like coughlin

didnt think youd provide a link

Actually 4-6 as the O won the Dallas game also. Hell if the D played reasonably well the Giants would be 7-3 or 8-2 with a better stand in one of those other 3 games. Hell the O has been playing well but the D has been shitting the bed way too much. If the O was mediocre the Giants would already be out of the playoff race by now.

I have seen that as well Pdoub

Let me rephrase that . I read that Sheridan was going to pretty much keep Spags D game in tact but may throw in a few wrinkles. I dont recall the "I ain't going to throw in exotic blitzes"

Let me rephrase that . I read that Sheridan was going to pretty much keep Spags D game in tact but may throw in a few wrinkles. I dont recall the "I ain't going to throw in exotic blitzes"

he said it

said he was going with a 4 man rush most of the time..... i could not believe my ears.....even that he would tip his hand like that

does not like to gamble

it shows

our QB pressure is horrible

you've been known to quote some pretty questionable sources yourself. i don't understand why everyone has a hard on for jack. this is a giants fan we're talking about, for crissakes!

jack has made wild claims before trying to pass them off as fact. thats why.

i remember clearly him trying to pass it off as a fact that strahan never in his career had a 4th quarter sack.

so sorry if i dont believe shit he says.

yeah I saw it too or something similar....had me going through the heebie jeebies... :unsure:

i remember it too, and it was that he wouldnt use the zone blitzes where he'd drop linemen into coverage.

but the bastards had tuck on tight ends the last few weeks.

I was willing to cut the guy some slack because of the injuries, but the fact of the matter is that it is now 12 weeks into the season, and there has been no compensation in the scheme for these injuries. None.

Sheridan has known most of his DT situation since preseason when Alford was IR'd. It was no secret that Robbins and Cofield were coming back from knee injuries. Nor was it with Osi, who, while not at his typical pro-bowl level, still has been playing well enough for us to win.

Phillips was a surprise--however, Dallas still managed to get over 30 pts on us even with Phillips on the field. Boley was there as well. Ross being out was a pain in the ass, but Thomas still gave us two nfl-quality starters at CB.

Our linebackers aren't news, either. Even when Boley was out, he had the same crew he COACHED last year. Of all the squads on the D, he should know their capabilities best.

The defense has yet to stop any offense with even a hint of ability, even in our wins.

But the most damning thing of all for me is that after losing a game in the last minutes, having a bye week to look at film, self scout your own tendencies, and make appropriate schematic adjustments; WE BLEW A 4TH QUARTER LEAD IN THE VERY NEXT FUCKING GAME.

I'm sorry, injuries or not, this guy simply doesn't have it. I didn't believe we were the best defense in the league at the beginning of the year; but there is NO WAY that this defense should be as weak as it is proving to be.

The only way, as things stand right now, that this team sees the playoffs is if the offense carries them: we not only have to get points on the majority of our possessions, but we absolutely have to keep Sheridan's mess off of the field.

If Eli were playing at his pre-2007 level, this team is 2-8.

If he'd played at the level he did last year, we might be 8-2, even with our shitty defense. I don't know whether it's him or the rookie receivers running the wrong routes, or both. We also still can't consistently punch out a 1 or 2 yd gain when needed, either.

That's another thing. Why don't they ever give Hedge the ball on short yardage. If anything, it would show their defenses that he's an option.

i remember it too, and it was that he wouldnt use the zone blitzes where he'd drop linemen into coverage.

but the bastards had tuck on tight ends the last few weeks.

I believe that was the context of the "four man rush" comment, not that he wasn't going to blitz period.

Of course Kiwi and Tuck were in coverage for much of the last game so take it with a grain of salt.

We're 12 weeks into the season, not 3. We just got off our bye. If we were going to see defensive adjustments at all, this would have been the week to see them.

Instead, we see a 14 point lead lost in the 4th quarter.

Believe me, I want to have improvement on this defense. But I don't think Sheridan can do it.