SportsWrath

The Injury Bug

hlb37

This is starting to get down right scary. Every week something else horrible happens.

First Cofield goes down, although that might have been just cramps. He did return.

Than Boss gets dinged up. Hopefully he will not be hurting too bad this morning. Big drop off after Boss at TE.

Finally the heal injury to Eli could be devastating. Keep your fingers crossed that this is just a minor bruise thing and that the Plantar Fascia is not effected. If he starts getting inflamation or, god forbid, there is a partial tear we are looking at a lot of David Carr for the next few months.

UHGGGGGGGG!!

True.

But what does it say about this team that we can have half our starting secondary, several D-line members, our starting weakside 'backer, a starting flanker and two backs miss significant time with injuries, yet we're still 4-0.

This team reminds me a LOT of the Pats from four or five years ago.

True.

But what does it say about this team that we can have half our starting secondary, several D-line members, our starting weakside 'backer, a starting flanker and two backs miss significant time with injuries, yet we're still 4-0.

This team reminds me a LOT of the Pats from four or five years ago.

If, God forbid, Eli does miss significant time, let's hope Carr can do what Dilfer did with the Ravens in 2000, sub-par QB, great defense wins the championship - and it kills me to use that example.

Eli's a tough guy, I'm sure he'll be fine.

I dont understand how this injury can be that bad. No one even touched him. How the heck did this injury occur? Did his foot get planted wrong or something? And if so, how does that bruise your heel? :unsure:

That is why I am concerned about Plantar Fascia issues. I really hope this turns out to be nothing.

That is why I am concerned about Plantar Fascia issues. I really hope this turns out to be nothing.

Harry Carson once said that guys who use turf shoes that flex too much are susceptible to plantar fasciatus, turf toe, heel and Achilles tendon issues. Especially line men and lb's as you are often pushing around hundreds of pounds of extra weight at speed. He used the analogy of guys working a construction site...do you see them out there working in slippers...besides the crush injury worry on a construction site I guess his belief is that if your work boots flex too much on the sole, then guys will injure themselves.

Carson always used a more or less rigid turf shoe. Guys like Andy Headen cut short their careers because of shoe/feet issues. Andy was also a little nuts and just as crazy as The Prostitute when it came to the superstition B.S. Andy used an old pair of shoes from his college days that were held together with chewing gum and bailing wire as he considered them as his "lucky" shoes.