SportsWrath

Anyone else getting a little nervous?

Ditto

Boston is turning it on while our very expensive, elite pitching staff is having a melt down. The way it looks, only CC can be counted on. On top of that, Jorge will probably get about 5 days suspension, (although that might be a good thing :rolleyes: )

As it is, we have to root for the Sox to kick the Angel's ass this week to save us home field advantage. We have to go out there and play the Angels 3 games, and we all know how that usually works. The Sox, with at least 3 reliable starters, can then pounce on us. Matsusaka pitched a gem for 6 innings on his first day back.

I'm not really a pessimist, but I'm stating the worse case scenario. If it happens, it will be the worse fold in Yankee history, except for maybe Torre's blowing the 2004 WS.

Im not worried in the least bit..for the yankees to miss the playoffs right now, theyd have to lose every game for the rest of the season with Boston winning 80% of their games and Texas winning 95% of their games.

Its not impossible, but its pretty impossible for the yankees to miss the playoffs.

I am nervous now. Mitre probably won't get a Playoff start and Boston's rotation is coming together. Joba has mysteriously lost 5 to 9 MPH off his fastball and AJ has straight up sucked for a while now. The Phillies who we might see in the World Series has a solid rotation that's better than Boston's. Our offense can beat anyone, but now they're starting to look like the one and done teams from '05-'07 all offense, no pitching. The only difference is that the Yankees play much better defense this season than those ALDS loser teams. As it stands I have no confidence in the Yankees beating the Angels in the playoffs, thank god the Red Sox will play them and hopefully beat them. The Red Sox have a losing road record and we should be able to beat them in the ALCS. 2004 isn't going to repeat itself.

Im not worried in the least bit..for the yankees to miss the playoffs right now, theyd have to lose every game for the rest of the season with Boston winning 80% of their games and Texas winning 95% of their games.

Its not impossible, but its pretty impossible for the yankees to miss the playoffs.

I don't think people are wooried about Yankees missing the playoffs. I'm just scared this team is going to be a one and done team againt.

not going to happen, Id be shocked if the yankees didnt sweep every post season series..including the ws

That's pushing it. Even if we played on computer, we don't fare much better than some of he other teams, especially the Sox. I know we should beat the Angels, but we don't. Same with the Phils. The bums from LA might be a surprise with their pitching, but I'm pretty sure we'll take them in 6. Also, I brought this up before, we are not a cold weather team.

One of the things that is a truism in baseball is, "the hot team going into the playoffs usually win the series and becomes the world champs". A good example is shown by teams that win the world series after getting into the playoffs as a wild card because they couldn't even win their own division. With that said, a team's record doesn't mean shit, but whether they are hot or cold coming into October means everything.

Whoever is the hottest team going in to October is the team to fear and the team most likely to go all the way. If in fact, Boston stays hot for the next couple of weeks....then they are a real threat. But if the Yanks get back on track and get hot....they are primed to win it all.

Something the Yankees have going for them is that come playoff time, they only have to use three (maybe even two) starters in their rotation (CC, AJ, and Petite) and all three are usually very good. And with the bullpent that the Yanks have put together (one of the best if not thee best in MLB), you can be assured they will takeover the second a starter struggles or shows signs that he doesn't have his stuff.

I think this is the year the Yankees bring the trophy home again. It doesn't matter who they play in the playoffs - boston or texas or whoever - as long as they play the way they have since the All-star break.

yeah, Ditto, that Posada is a real liability behind the plate...especially when he catches Burnett...a two pitch pitcher.

Posada...Curve ball?

AJ....nah

Posada..Fastball?

AJ..nah

Posada...Curveball?

AJ...nah

Posada...Fastball?

AJ...Nah

Posada walking to the mound...Dude, what the fuck? You only throw 2 pitches

AJ..Oh yeah, I forgot

Posada...so whats it gonna be?

AJ..how about a fast curveball?

Posada...calling for Joe Girardi....Joe, this guy is a fucking moron. Im not catching him anymore. Let Jose deal with his bullshit

Ha! Ha! Ha! But that's exactly what I'm talking about. Posada has no rapport with our starting pitchers, save for maybe Gaudin. It seems to me he's intimidating them or something. How he handles the relievers is beyond me. Maybe they're not out there long enough for him to get into their heads.