SportsWrath

GIANTS HAVE 'NO INTEREST' IN VICK

ppodlesny

Yes but you are operating under a premise that he is not affected, when he was. He lost tens of millions of dollars, and the market for him IS greatly less than it would be if he was a free agent and this whole dogfighting thing never happened. He would've gotten a huge deal before this as a free agent and a starting quarterback job. Now he is likely looking at being a backup and only a few teams are even interested. Plus, he has lost sponsorships and is pretty untouchable in that regard now. So he's been affected, just as BIGBLUE's marketability was affected after his DUI. The pool of employers willing to hire him shrank because of that DUI, just as it has for Vick.

That makes sense, good point. I guess I'm just sick of athletes throwing away opportunities millions of us DREAM of and basically being handed a second chance at that dream...you don't get many second chances in life, far less of them are handed to you...but you're right, he did serve his time, and he served it like a man, by pleading guilty and accepting his fate without a complaint.

And hopefully xxi is right and he becomes a better person for this...because far too often repeat offenders are allowed right back into the NFL.

I just want you to know that I'm in no way biased because Vick wasn't a Giant...in a similar way, I sincerely hope that Burress serves the jail time you and I would deserve if we brought a loaded in handgun into a night club and was careless enough to let it go off.

That makes sense, good point. I guess I'm just sick of athletes throwing away opportunities millions of us DREAM of and basically being handed a second chance at that dream...you don't get many second chances in life, far less of them are handed to you...but you're right, he did serve his time, and he served it like a man, by pleading guilty and accepting his fate without a complaint.

And hopefully xxi is right and he becomes a better person for this...because far too often repeat offenders are allowed right back into the NFL.

I just want you to know that I'm in no way biased because Vick wasn't a Giant...in a similar way, I sincerely hope that Burress serves the jail time you and I would deserve if we brought a loaded in handgun into a night club and was careless enough to let it go off.

You and me both. Even though Stallworth killed a person, I have more sympathy for him because there was no intent, and Dante owned it from the beginning. Vick torturted and killed dogs for a long time, knew what he was doing, and continued to do it. Then lied about it repeatedly. If you ask me, yes he did get off pretty light with the amount of time he served, but I still respect the fact that he did spend nearly 2 years in lockup. As a dog lover, I cannot look at Vick the same ever again. I really respect Tony Dungy (I respect him more than almost anyone in football), and if he helps Vick become a quarter of the man that Dungy is, then he not only deserves a second chance, but he will be ok from here forward.

Miamiherald - Three years ago, the idea of Michael Vick and Tom Brady on the same roster would have been unfathomable. Today, it could become a reality. Vick is currently working out for the Patriots staff at Gillette Stadium, a very reliable NFL source just told me.

UPDATE: Sorry This Story is a Hoax