SportsWrath

Take your pick

HOUND

Assuming we had to hire one of the 5 rookie Head Coaches in the NFC to coach the NY Giants beginning this season, who would be your selection? Why would you pick him? Also, is there a guy you'd steadfastly avoid?

Sean Payton - New Orleans

Scott Linehan - St Louis

Rod Marinelli - Detroit

Brad Childress - Minnesota

Mike McCarthy - Green Bay

Rod Marinelli, because he has been the NFLs best defensive line coach for about the past ten years. He has had plenty of success including a superbowl ring and has coached under some very good coaches.

Mike McCarthy, because he had one of the worst offenses last season, no production out of anything.

Pizan, as usual, you picked my pocket.

I'd go with Marinelli too. He's the only one of the 5 who is a Defensive minded coach. His players in Tampa raved about him. Listening to them talk you get the impression Tampa will be a worse team without him. The only knock on him is it's an awfully big promotion. He has no experience as a coordinator. He coached Tampa's D-Line for several years. At least you can look back at his team's performance and speak well of it.

Mike McCarthy would be my last choice. McCarthy seems like he was hired for all the wrong reasons. He's a Favre friendly guy. Why Green Bay would allow the Favre factor to influence their hire is a mystery to me. Favre played worse than a lot of rookies do last season. I know he's a first ballot Hall of Famer but I'm not convinced that the Pack gets worse if he retires. McCarthy was Favre's QB coach several seasons ago. He did very little while in San Francisco. If Brett Favre isn't in the picture, I don't see how you can come up with a single justifiable reason to hire McCarthy.

Marinelli or Linehan.

So far, I like how Marinelli has delegated authority on his coaching staff. Martz and Henderson are each accomplished coordinators. Linehan has been an excellent offensive coordinator, and he's already helped that defense make big strides by hiring Haslett and signing Glover, Witherspoon, and Chavous.

I'm not impressed by any of the other guys.

Guest Carbo
Don't you have anything positive to say about the Giants? <_<
Sure! See my thread where I defended Mark Bavaro against you and your kind.

Assuming we had to hire one of the 5 rookie Head Coaches in the NFC to coach the NY Giants beginning this season, who would be your selection? Why would you pick him? Also, is there a guy you'd steadfastly avoid?

Sean Payton - New Orleans

Scott Linehan - St Louis

Rod Marinelli - Detroit

Brad Childress - Minnesota

Mike McCarthy - Green Bay

I'd rank it like this

Linehan

Marinelli

Childress

Payton

McCarthy

but Linehan and Marinelli way above the other 3