SportsWrath

OK Jack.....tell us why you really dont like Pierce

BIGBLUE01

no side step here cochran...the dog looks beyond the numbers and believes that manning is inconsistent. solid, yes. consistent, no. and he would not be the first average player to be a super bowl mvp, and he won't be the last. he deserves credit for elevating his game over that time period, but make no mistake (and the dog really doesn't want to side track this into the same tired debate), it was the giants defense that carried that team during that run...

If you're trying to say that we'd have won that Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer I believe you're mistaken...

If you're trying to say that we'd have won that Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer I believe you're mistaken...

maybe maybe not...dilfer was just as efficient in the ravens run. the dog will always contend that what the giants did defensively that year in the post season is the reason they have a super bowl title. manning was efficient, and the dog will credit him for stringing together his four most consistent games of his career. but let's not make it out to be more than it was...at least not yet. perform at that level game after game, and then maybe...

maybe maybe not...dilfer was just as efficient in the ravens run. the dog will always contend that what the giants did defensively that year in the post season is the reason they have a super bowl title. manning was efficient, and the dog will credit him for stringing together his four most consistent games of his career. but let's not make it out to be more than it was...at least not yet. perform at that level game after game, and then maybe...

I am very excited for Eli and as much as I don't have a crystal ball in my closet

I do beleive with the no star attitude on the team Eli will continue to make good

progress. The receivers that are now on this team with our very strong defense

and running game sets him up to elevate his game further. Eli will surpass Phil Sims

when its all said done. He is not there yet as you said but its right around the corner in

my opinion.

Giant fans have a lot to look foward to after years of misery and it

feels great. When I think of the 70's and what this team is today

I pick up my beer and thank the football gods!! :cheers:

That's not even in contention. They held the highest-scoring offense in league history to only two scores.

defense was awesome that year no doubt about it, against new england was epic.

but without eli and that final drive they'd be the defense that almost stopped tom brady and the perfect pats

defense was awesome that year no doubt about it, against new england was epic.

but without eli and that final drive they'd be the defense that almost stopped tom brady and the perfect pats

well you'd have to say it was a total team effort but Eli's pass was a hail mary

Tuck's overall play was beyond belief rock solid all pro all the way

well you'd have to say it was a total team effort but Eli's pass was a hail mary

Eli's THROW was a hail mary, but his escape and a couple escapes and throws prior to that weren't.

Oh, and Pierce is a fine LB and leader. :)

Eli's THROW was a hail mary, but his escape and a couple escapes and throws prior to that weren't.

Thanks for the update on Pierce. who could have guessed that watching the games? I din't have a clue

That's not even in contention. They held the highest-scoring offense in league history to only two scores.

I agree, I just believe that with any other quarterback (especially a lesser QB than Eli), we might have been on the other end of the deal...the defense was good, but I would have to say the SB run toward the end of the season was pretty close to 50-50 collaboration of offense and defense

Hitting Boss over the middle...hitting Steve Smith on the little curl to get a first down and extend the drive, the oft-overlooked perfect pass to Plax for 6 and the lead...Manning on that drive was magical...but it wasn't just that, he didn't turn the ball over much in the playoffs, he managed the game well and always kept them in position to win the game. It doesn't matter that he didn't have 4 TD games or throw for 300 yards every game, he did nothing to lose them and everything to win. That's the sign of a great quarterback, right there, folks.

Hitting Boss over the middle...hitting Steve Smith on the little curl to get a first down and extend the drive, the oft-overlooked perfect pass to Plax for 6 and the lead...Manning on that drive was magical...but it wasn't just that, he didn't turn the ball over much in the playoffs, he managed the game well and always kept them in position to win the game. It doesn't matter that he didn't have 4 TD games or throw for 300 yards every game, he did nothing to lose them and everything to win. That's the sign of a great quarterback, right there, folks.

that's where you and the dog will have a differing of opinions...playing mistake free should definately be celebrated, particularly when he had never shown that type of consistency...but greatness far extends beyond simply not doing anything to lose the games...and the dog will go back to the fact that on the final drive, there were two dropped interceptions. not taking away from his efforts, but the defense was the reason for that run...everything else was in the supporting role...important none the less...but supporting.

that's where you and the dog will have a differing of opinions...playing mistake free should definately be celebrated, particularly when he had never shown that type of consistency...but greatness far extends beyond simply not doing anything to lose the games...and the dog will go back to the fact that on the final drive, there were two dropped interceptions. not taking away from his efforts, but the defense was the reason for that run...everything else was in the supporting role...important none the less...but supporting.

Nothing to lose them and everything to win doesn't just mean he played mistake free football--I'm saying he did enough to win games, throwing touchdowns, leading scoring drives, putting enough points on the board--

And also didn't throw the game away.

Its the pressure. Eli can play under great pressure and make plays.

Trent Dilfer didnt make great plays under pressure he managed the

game put up a touchdown a couple of FG's and his defense totally carried the team.

Eli in the playoff run made great throws with lots of pressure and

thats why he was picked in the first place. Ernie saw that an

grabbed him and up to this point Ernie was right.

If Eli continues to make progress it was a fabulous pick.

Its the pressure. Eli can play under great pressure and make plays.

Trent Dilfer didnt make great plays under pressure he managed the

game put up a touchdown a couple of FG's and his defense totally carried the team.

Eli in the playoff run made great throws with lots of pressure and

thats why he was picked in the first place. Ernie saw that an

grabbed him and up to this point Ernie was right.

If Eli continues to make progress it was a fabulous pick.

Yes to win the SB this year Eli must step up his play......and Pierce MUST be replaced

Blackburn will stiffen the D

simple as that

those two things happen.....we likely win another one

Yes to win the SB this year Eli must step up his play......and Pierce MUST be replaced

Blackburn will stiffen the D

simple as that

those two things happen.....we likely win another one

Kinda like Pierce stopped us from winning in 2008? Yeah, you're right, w/o Chase in their.....we woulda never had that SB 42 ring. :rolleyes:

You know, Jack.. you remind me of those old (well not so old) IBM Server commercials.. you know where the dude stands up and admits to doing something stupid among the "support group"'; where they're supposed to be supportive.. but instead they say "That was Stupid, (insert name here)".. well.

That was stupid, Jack.