SportsWrath

Gilbride interview

Lughead

I liked what he said around 2:30 - Steve Smith has earned the right to see what he can do outside.

I don't like that I would rather see Smith run underneath routes, I want to see Manningham and Hixon on the outside with Nicks and Barden in the "green" zone packages. Let Hixon and Manningham stretch the field and have Nicks,Barden,Jacobs finish it off

Guest TheMachine27

Gilbride is going to use everything in the book IMO. He knows his time in NY may be ending soon, especially because he is going to be asked to spin gold out of hay with this wide receiver core. I say lets see what he can do before we judge. It may turn out to be alright.

I think he did a good job. I actually have a higher opinion of him now that I've seen this. Normally I'm watching him on the sideline and wondering which game is he watching when he makes his play calls.

The guy has been in the league for years, and we pretty much already know what we're getting.

If he uses his brain, like he did during the Super Bowl run, we'll be fine.

If he tries to get too cute with the offense, like he did in the playoff game last year, we're in some trouble.

The guy has been in the league for years, and we pretty much already know what we're getting.

If he tries to get too cute with the offense, like he did in the playoff game last year, we're in some trouble.

Sadly Too cute is on our plate. They are drawing up special plays just for Travis Bekhum in the Giants form of Wildcat.

Sadly Too cute is on our plate. They are drawing up special plays just for Travis Bekhum in the Giants form of Wildcat.

Yah, that is bullshit.

I would like to hope Tom Coughlin would never allow that pussy shit to happen...screw getting cutesy. Hand the ball off to Brandon Jacobs 20+ times...hit up Ahmad 10 times or so, and mix in your playaction and the occasional deep ball. Our formula works.

Yah, that is bullshit.

I would like to hope Tom Coughlin would never allow that pussy shit to happen...screw getting cutesy. Hand the ball off to Brandon Jacobs 20+ times...hit up Ahmad 10 times or so, and mix in your playaction and the occasional deep ball. Our formula works.

Actually, if you guys took time to read the Daily News article...Vacchiano was merely speculating

that this would happen. They are creating plays for Beckum in the slot and as a true H-Back.

Actually, if you guys took time to read the Daily News article...Vacchiano was merely speculating

that this would happen. They are creating plays for Beckum in the slot and as a true H-Back.

Shhh

You'll make people think then.

Shhh

You'll make people think then.

I just re-read the article twice..he puts his own suggestion on what to do with Beckum.

Storm, I would be very pissed if the Giants decided to run the true "Wildcat" system.

Beckum is just going to be used a roving TE/H-Back...think rookie year Jeremy Shockey.

I just re-read the article twice..he puts his own suggestion on what to do with Beckum.

Storm, I would be very pissed if the Giants decided to run the true "Wildcat" system.

Beckum is just going to be used a roving TE/H-Back...think rookie year Jeremy Shockey.

Alright, but still, the whole "I could see myself lining up at all different positions" after viewing the playbook

by Beckum has me worried, he either really believes that or the coaches have suggested it...

Alright, but still, the whole "I could see myself lining up at all different positions" after viewing the playbook

by Beckum has me worried, he either really believes that or the coaches have suggested it...

If he can create favorable matchups for him and the other wide outs, I wouldn't really have

a problem with it.

I agree. I've been pro and con Killdrive (most recently con, from the other thread). But, the guy is capable of calling a good gameplan.