SportsWrath

Are we going to continue to dick around with our kicker?

JMFP

Come on already....we haven't had a kicker with a decent leg since Brad Daluiso.

Joe, don't know if you knew this but I was there in training camp in 2002 trying to try out for the kicker position.. it was only after my friends insisted I go.. since I was booting 59 and 60 yarders regularly... sadly I was never able to meet the spc teams coach.. and after being in 90+ degree heat all day.. and having woke up at 4 to drive from NYC all the way to Albany.. i was pretty tired by 4 pm and gave up..

Oddly enough I was kickin the ball around where the fans were sittin and a few fans approached me askin me to try out.. 2 children even asked for my autogragh... Amani Toomer spent a little over 10 minutes talking to me and encouraging me to try out... oh well.. that was as close to trying out as i got.

Joe, don't know if you knew this but I was there in training camp in 2002 trying to try out for the kicker position.. it was only after my friends insisted I go.. since I was booting 59 and 60 yarders regularly... sadly I was never able to meet the spc teams coach.. and after being in 90+ degree heat all day.. and having woke up at 4 to drive from NYC all the way to Albany.. i was pretty tired by 4 pm and gave up..

Oddly enough I was kickin the ball around where the fans were sittin and a few fans approached me askin me to try out.. 2 children even asked for my autogragh... Amani Toomer spent a little over 10 minutes talking to me and encouraging me to try out... oh well.. that was as close to trying out as i got.

You showed up unannouced and expected to get a try out?

I didnt even know any modern day team had open try outs, outside of the Eagles that one year.

I thought you had to be invited i.e. in the NFLPA to even be brought into a NFL camp.

Yea... I didn't know who to call and where to go. I figured I'll just go there and see what happens. It's not like the Giants have an 800 you can just dial.

I didnt even know any modern day team had open try outs, outside of the Eagles that one year.

I thought you had to be invited i.e. in the NFLPA to even be brought into a NFL camp.

Maybe that explains why kickers are hard to find...

That's a cool story; too bad they didn't give you a look.