SportsWrath

Anyone down to go to the Minnesota game this yr?

BIGBLUE01

I want to get back home for a game, but it may not be possible. Im gonna try and make either N.O. or Minny. The 1st DAL if anyones down.

Damn I had hoped the N O game was later in the season...that is the one i am going to try for....maybe Minnesota...maybe. Both sites have plenty of available cooze... :)

Fucking Jan. 3. :furious: Fucking driving in the winter is no fun. If you guys are doing it again I am definitely going to have to go this year. Fuck it I'll cut somebody to go this year. :ph34r:

The winter part doesn'r concern me (it's nicer down there anyway) it the fact that once again it'll likely be a meaningless game and Tom will rest most of the starters. I'd like to see a real game. It'll still be fun though.

The winter part doesn'r concern me (it's nicer down there anyway) it the fact that once again it'll likely be a meaningless game and Tom will rest most of the starters. I'd like to see a real game. It'll still be fun though.

Shit, thats a good point. After talking with my girl, it appears that we will be planning to go after all. If I schedule someone to take my place setting up the Fiesta Bowl, (if Im still with this company at that time) and we make NY eve plans in Minny, than its a go. But I sure hope its a good game, like fighting for HFA or something.

Well it's the driving more than the cold. It'd be nicer to have a mid season game than a last game again.

I know its for a game, but if your going to New Orleans wear a bulletproof jacket. Just a heads up unless you want to get shot then don't.

Its not that bad, there are certain areas that are terrible, but thats nowhere near the Dome or French Quarter where we will be. I was born and raised here and have never had a problem.

Its not that bad, there are certain areas that are terrible, but thats nowhere near the Dome or French Quarter where we will be. I was born and raised here and have never had a problem.

Yeah, I was gonna PM you on this. Not that I'd be too afraid to go, but just wanted to ask what was up with that kinda statement. :o

Im goin to N.O. and one other rd game. It was originally gonna be Minny, but now Im REALLY puttin thought into goin to the final game at Giants stadium vs CAR.

Yeah, I was gonna PM you on this. Not that I'd be too afraid to go, but just wanted to ask what was up with that kinda statement. :o

Im goin to N.O. and one other rd game. It was originally gonna be Minny, but now Im REALLY puttin thought into goin to the final game at Giants stadium vs CAR.

Well to be honest the crime rate here is one of the worst in the nation, which is probably where he got that from, but like I said its confined to certain areas, and if you were driving across the city it is very easy to take a wrong turn and get into a bad part, as they are peepered all throughout the city. The places where we will be (French Quarter and Superdome) are probably safer than any part of any other city, and its impossible to get off in a bad area. The worst I have seen is a street fight, and thats gonna happen anytime you get thousands of people drunk as hell.

Well to be honest the crime rate here is one of the worst in the nation, which is probably where he got that from, but like I said its confined to certain areas, and if you were driving across the city it is very easy to take a wrong turn and get into a bad part, as they are peepered all throughout the city. The places where we will be (French Quarter and Superdome) are probably safer than any part of any other city, and its impossible to get off in a bad area. The worst I have seen is a street fight, and thats gonna happen anytime you get thousands of people drunk as hell.

Oh, I would NEVER go to a football game, get drunk and get into a fight. NEVER :unsure:

:ph34r:

I have never been in New Orleans but, I lived in Houston, TX and some of my friends were from Louisiana outside of Baton Rouge and most of them told me that its really bad there in New Orleans, like getting shot walking down the street bad, and this was pre katrina. I don't really know from experience but i have just heard alot of bad things about New Orleans.

I have never been in New Orleans but, I lived in Houston, TX and some of my friends were from Louisiana outside of Baton Rouge and most of them told me that its really bad there in New Orleans, like getting shot walking down the street bad, and this was pre katrina. I don't really know from experience but i have just heard alot of bad things about New Orleans.

Well its definately not the best city in the wold to go wondering around in without knowing the area, but I have only heard of a handfull of instances that involved tourists the entire time I have lived here and in those cases it was people who got drunk and wandered off looking for drugs and wound up in a bad area. 90% of the violent crimes here are drug/gang related, and it is pretty much confined to the projects and surrounding areas. Most of the other stories you hear envolve festivals like Mardi Gras and shit like that, and again anytime you pack a half a million people in a small area like that something is bound to happen, and I have never heard of anything happening at or around a football game. You just gotta be smart and not wander off asking to buy shit off of people you dont know. If you are into that sort of thing I would suggest getting in touch with someone you know, or someone you have chatted with, maybe on a messageboard or something who might just happen to live there.