SportsWrath

No Jacobs or Ward

Lughead

Point is we already have two RBs. Taking a RB in the first is fucking stupid.

How the hell can someone IN college be a bust? I didnt know they had a highschool draft.

there basically is a highschool draft it's called recruiting, you are telling me you would be satisfied with Ware! over a RB like Chris Wells who would fucking annihilate teams behind our o-line, i know Wheatley was a bust,Dayne was a bust but it don't mean we never ever draft another RB in the first round

there basically is a highschool draft it's called recruiting, you are telling me you would be satisfied with Ware! over a RB like Chris Wells who would fucking annihilate teams behind our o-line, i know Wheatley was a bust,Dayne was a bust but it don't mean we never ever draft another RB in the first round

:LMAO:

People said the same about Dayne.

This is a huge "what if" scenario as well, I mean it wouldnt shock me is BJ became Mr.Greedy but I dont think he will...I hope not anyways.

Besides we would then re-sign Ward id this scenario played out and have Ward and Bradshaw and maybe pick up some short yardage back in the draft in the later rounds.

But like I said this is a huge "what if" scenario.

I'm saying taking a RB in the first is fucking stupid. IMO very seldom are RBs worth a first round pick. RBs are more a product of the offensive line then their talent, with a slim few exceptions.

very simply put the average career of most running backs is 6 years...do you really want to waste a 1st round pick on tha chance....your first rounders are guys that will be with the team, minimum 10 years. its a huge investment and you want that investment to pan out.

very simply put the average career of most running backs is 6 years...do you really want to waste a 1st round pick on tha chance....your first rounders are guys that will be with the team, minimum 10 years. its a huge investment and you want that investment to pan out.

the dog thinks this is a lame statistic, when you figure that the average career length of an NFL player is 3.5 years. drafting any player is a gamble, regardless of their college careers and regardless of what position they play. if you have a back with an upside, using a first round pick is just as viable as using it on any other position, if RB fits your needs...

by the way, with the average back lasting 6 years, wouldn't it be reasonable for a team to draft more than one back in a draft year? the dog thought he heard that somewhere...

I'm saying taking a RB in the first is fucking stupid. IMO very seldom are RBs worth a first round pick. RBs are more a product of the offensive line then their talent, with a slim few exceptions.

I agree with you on that, our offensive line is sending two guys should be at least three to the pro bowl, Jacobs and Ward are not going to the pro bowl. I think we let Jacobs see what he gets in the open market maybe he comes crawling back asking for less, other NFL scouts are saying Jacobs behind any other line maybe is a complete bust. I do think Bradshaw could be are feature back no doubt, we did win the super bowl with him as our leading rusher in the playoffs, i would still like someone a little better then Danny Ware has our second back.

Thats kind of like saying a wr is a product of his quarterback. Football is a team game. Every player relies on his teammates - But a good rb is a good rb.