SportsWrath

Does Reese have a plan?

BurnThePhilFans

What do you think? Can we somehow pull of a trade for a bigtime wideout or move up in the draft to grab a stud like Crabtree? With Plax in jail or suspended for awhile (even if he stays with the Team), an aging Toomer who is likely gone, a bust in Moss, a 2nd year player in Manningham who rarely saw the field, and Tyree who was out all year and was never a very effective receiver do the Giants have a plan? If not we may be in for more games like we had in the end of 08'.

I will let Reese and the scouts handle that. Right now my first wish is for Gilbride to be shown the fucking door. And for Eli to start learning how to throw more accurate bullets. I'm tired of seeing ducks out there... that's it. Those things can be worked on right now.. before the draft even starts.

I will let Reese and the scouts handle that. Right now my first wish is for Gilbride to be shown the fucking door. And for Eli to start learning how to throw more accurate bullets. I'm tired of seeing ducks out there... that's it. Those things can be worked on right now.. before the draft even starts.

Agreed. I don't know how Gilbride is getting a pass with the media right now with his infamous throwing the ball on first downs (especially inside our own 20), 3 straight passes at 1st and 5 from the 25 (without killing the clock by mixing in a run.... woulda had the lead at half), and.... I've mentioned it but nobody else has responded... I was at the game and I don't know if you caught it on tv, but there were soo many passing sets with only Toomer and Matthews in. I don't know how you can justify pulling our 2 best wr's out in obvious passing downs.

Gilbride needs to go, lets start with that...as for moving up to grab a receiver I dont like it...I would rather they keep emphasizing defense, which is the reason we won the superbowl last year....it was that immense pass rush. So I believe they need to keep bringing in younger good guys.

As for offense, Gilbride's play calling was terrible followed by Manning's inability to throw the fucking ball. Steve Smith was wide open on the first play of the game, that would have been a TD, as was Hixon when he was 20 yards behind Dawkins and Manning over threw him by 20 yards. To me receiver is not an issue.

Gilbride needs to go, lets start with that...as for moving up to grab a receiver I dont like it...I would rather they keep emphasizing defense, which is the reason we won the superbowl last year....it was that immense pass rush. So I believe they need to keep bringing in younger good guys.

As for offense, Gilbride's play calling was terrible followed by Manning's inability to throw the fucking ball. Steve Smith was wide open on the first play of the game, that would have been a TD, as was Hixon when he was 20 yards behind Dawkins and Manning over threw him by 20 yards. To me receiver is not an issue.

i just really like the idea of keeping burress along with getting britt if we can get him in the 2nd. even if we have to trade up in the 2nd thats not too bad.

those 2 would be sweet

Agreed. I don't know how Gilbride is getting a pass with the media right now with his infamous throwing the ball on first downs (especially inside our own 20), 3 straight passes at 1st and 5 from the 25 (without killing the clock by mixing in a run.... woulda had the lead at half), and.... I've mentioned it but nobody else has responded... I was at the game and I don't know if you caught it on tv, but there were soo many passing sets with only Toomer and Matthews in. I don't know how you can justify pulling our 2 best wr's out in obvious passing downs.

im shocked too. he was barely mentioned in the news and post yesterday

I guess he was trying to fool the Eagles into thinking it was going to be a run instead. A classic case of over thinking a given situation. That kind of setup may work against other NFC opponents outside of the NFC East....but even Washington knows all about KillBride's (the safe version of Gilfuck for the kiddies) propensities.

im shocked too. he was barely mentioned in the news and post yesterday

Here is what happens. Print columnists and radio commentators like Francessa are all about access. They are not going to savage an organization at the coaching level because their access can be severely restricted. Players are open season. That is why you are hearing all of the bullshit about execution..."if only the players executed...". Football likes to use military metaphors....and front line assaults since the Civil War era are bloody affairs subject to catastrophic failure. Hence the generals who have been remembered have avoided this by coming up with brilliant strategic and tactical plans. You had a case of this with Gilfuck...no one is going to comment on his "brilliance" if Earth, Wind and Fire had eaten up the Eagles. But boy oh boy...he would have been given all of the acclaim in the world (especially by the media who love the passing game) if his pass oriented offense had lit up the Eagles.

Giants fans know the game....a running game is the QB's best friend....the Greenbay Packers with their three yards and a cloud of dust would have never won a title with Gilfuck as the coordinator. Same thing for any other run oriented offense including the Giants. 20 years from now I will still be grumbling over this game. This is a worse loss than the Super Bowl against the Ravens because I think the Giants roll into the Super Bowl if they get past the pesky Eagles. Its like fighting heavyweights....if you let a cruiserweight guy (Eagles) off the hook and keep him in the fight by not working the body (running game) then he has a punchers chance of connecting with your chin and its lights out.