SportsWrath

Eagles deserve to win

boohyah

Our defense was "awesome". and you call what I said "Bullshit".

For most of the game it was, Westbrook had like 8 carries for negative yards, mcNabb wasn't really moving the ball. Philly scored 13 points through 3 quarters of play, and one of those TD was a gimme after the Eli int that ended up with the ball being on the goal line.

The big fuck up on D was the 3rd and 20 conversion, but overall they played great, and definitely good enough to win.

For most of the game it was, Westbrook had like 8 carries for negative yards, mcNabb wasn't really moving the ball. Philly scored 13 points through 3 quarters of play, and one of those TD was a gimme after the Eli int that ended up with the ball being on the goal line.

The big fuck up on D was the 3rd and 20 conversion, but overall they played great, and definitely good enough to win.

We stopped the run for the most part, but couldn't sack the QB (or couldn't get any decent pressure on him) and couldn't stop them on some key 3rd down plays. I wouldn't call that awesome.

i didnt think the d was awful but they were terrible on third down. how many 3 and outs did we force? 1? they didnt give up a lot of points but they weren't playing great either

Spags didn't have a lot of answers yesterday, apart from cutting down on Westbrook. There were times when Westbrook was on the sidelines and the Eagles had success on the field. I thought the safeties were playing way too deep yesterday. Butler and Johnson were totally ineffective in coverage IMO. Butler is not good to begin with, but they seemed way off yesterday.

Spags didn't have a lot of answers yesterday, apart from cutting down on Westbrook. There were times when Westbrook was on the sidelines and the Eagles had success on the field. I thought the safeties were playing way too deep yesterday. Butler and Johnson were totally ineffective in coverage IMO. Butler is not good to begin with, but they seemed way off yesterday.

They weren't at their best, especially with pressure, but they did give us enough to win the game. The offense played so much worse, that it's meaningless to drop any blame on the defense.

i was thinking the same thing. hopefully phillips will be ready for full-time duty next year. i think the eagles lack of poits was more their own fault than our D playing well. mcnabb had all day to throw and our coverage in the middle of the field was awful. honestly they should've put up more points than they did--which is why i said on your other thread that this game was more us deserving to lose than them deserving to win--they really didn't play that well themselves, we were just worse

i was thinking the same thing. hopefully phillips will be ready for full-time duty next year. i think the eagles lack of poits was more their own fault than our D playing well. mcnabb had all day to throw and our coverage in the middle of the field was awful. honestly they should've put up more points than they did--which is why i said on your other thread that this game was more us deserving to lose than them deserving to win--they really didn't play that well themselves, we were just worse

Phillips seems to be around the ball more than Butler is that's for sure, plus he'll put a licking on someone if he's close. I like the Kid and he and Johnson could be a good tandem. Butler is in a bad situation, he could sign for another year and try to win the spot in camp, or he coul look to sign elsewhere and try to get a payday with someone else, more than likely someone weak. I can't see him starting next season.

They weren't at their best, especially with pressure, but they did give us enough to win the game. The offense played so much worse, that it's meaningless to drop any blame on the defense.

Nesta, the offense playing so bad gives the impression that the defense was so much better, they were okay, nothing special. You can't beat the Eagles with no pressure on McNabb, and they got squat, apart from the safety and that's mainly due to field position.