SportsWrath

Kiwi

Nesta

What do we do with this guy next year?

I'm starting to lean toward leaving him at DE. Then we could still have a fierce 3 man rotation that kept our pass rush fresh in '07. There's enough olb talent in fa/draft to fill the void there.

The priority will be having Tuck and Umenyiora on the field as much as possible. I think Kiwi will be a hybrid player. On first and 2nd downs, he will line up at strongside LB, and on obvious passing down he will go to DE, with Tuck sliding inside. A better pass coverage linebacker will take his place at SLB on such downs.

I don't get it. If he stays at DE or goes back to linebacker his jersey number isn't going to change. :unsure:

LOL, I was responding to ppod's post about what we do in the draft. Isnt Kiwi's contract up after this season? You dont think they wouldnt resign Kiwi, do ya? :unsure:

LOL, I was responding to ppod's post about what we do in the draft. Isnt Kiwi's contract up after this season? You dont think they wouldnt resign Kiwi, do ya? :unsure:

I think they will resign him, unless another team is willing to overpay him.

From Rotoworld:

Mathias Kiwanuka Defensive Lineman 7/27/2006: Signed a five-year, $10 million contract. The deal includes $5 million in guarantees and $3 million in incentives. 2008: $450,000, 2009: $650,000, 2010: $726,000, 2011: Free Agent