SportsWrath

jacobs better play Sunday...

BurnThePhilFans

We need him out there. If we get the win we can sit him for 3 weeks if we choose to (in terms of practice). If we lose we'll be fighting the Vikes for the 2 seed most likely in our last game. That would be a huge collapse if we were to lose that Bye. Jacobs has to man up and play this week... get us a win and then we can shut him down for 2 and a half weeks if we choose and have him practice the Thursday and Friday before the playoff game after a bye.

We need him out there. If we get the win we can sit him for 3 weeks if we choose to (in terms of practice). If we lose we'll be fighting the Vikes for the 2 seed most likely in our last game. That would be a huge collapse if we were to lose that Bye. Jacobs has to man up and play this week... get us a win and then we can shut him down for 2 and a half weeks if we choose and have him practice the Thursday and Friday before the playoff game after a bye.

if the offensive line gets dominated like they did last night, it doesn't matter who is back there...and no, the dog doesn't think jacobs makes a difference with what took place...

if the offensive line gets dominated like they did last night, it doesn't matter who is back there...and no, the dog doesn't think jacobs makes a difference with what took place...

The Giants O line has its first bad game in many many and all of a sudden we speculate on them playing like that again. If there is one area of this team that I do not worry about and is entitled to a poor game its this unit. I do not expect this to be a trend.

The Giants O line has its first bad game in many many and all of a sudden we speculate on them playing like that again. If there is one area of this team that I do not worry about and is entitled to a poor game its this unit. I do not expect this to be a trend.

take a deep breath...relax...the dog was making the point that if...if...if they were to play like that, it wouldn't matter who was running...nobody is predicting a trend. wow, the dog would hate to see things around here if the giants lose again this week...a tad edgy in here, at least for those who have stuck around.

The 6er agrees with this statement, but still feels that the dog is wrong about Jacobs in general.

Although I'm seldom amused by the whole schtick of "the dog this or the dog that" I think he's correct on this one. Jacobs would not have been the difference and frankly, Plax might not have either. In order to win that last game we would have need a convergence of things...Jacobs being in would have been a big body not breaking through, but it might bave allowed for more believable play action...hard to do against the rush of Ware though.

If the Offensive coordinator lets them get dominated by not going into actual running formations, we will have a problem. My guess is that when BJ is back there, we will see the 2 TE and FB set more often. They hardly lined up with that at all against the cowturds, Gil decided that they could not power run without BJ so they hardly even tried.

That reason alone, if there is No-BJ we have no chance. Unless of course TC smacks Gil upside the head and forces him to let this team do what it does best - kick ass.

Point taken but the O-line did not play well in the Philly loss, so it's really 2 in a row. In fact they played like garbage in both games.

Point taken but the O-line did not play well in the Philly loss, so it's really 2 in a row. In fact they played like garbage in both games.

Eli was sacked a grand total of ZERO times vs the Eagles, I would classify that as bettr than "not well" offensive line play. You want to tell me they did not block as well in the run game, then yes I agree, but they did not play poorly. In fact they blocked a play up so well that should have been an 85 yard TD, but the WR dropped it. They played fine vs the Eagles and putrid this past week.

Eli was sacked a grand total of ZERO times vs the Eagles, I would classify that as bettr than "not well" offensive line play. You want to tell me they did not block as well in the run game, then yes I agree, but they did not play poorly. In fact they blocked a play up so well that should have been an 85 yard TD, but the WR dropped it. They played fine vs the Eagles and putrid this past week.

Nail has just been hit on the head.

We overall havent played well the last two games, but the Oline really only played bad against DAL. Im not in panic mode yet, but we'll see after the CAR game.

Not allowing sacks is one thing. Constant push and pressure plus bad run blocking means they didn't play well.

Memo to Scott Proctor.... Dude the ball was snapped like 15 minutes ago, you can get out of your stance now.

I would think a person who likes to place a lot of stock in stats would think 0 sacks translates to good pass blocking. Like I said, they blocked up what should have been an 85 yard TD to a tee and I believe the recievers dropped 6 balls that day, IMO the pass blocking was fine, especially when you hold a blitzing Dlike Philly to 0 sacks. The run blocking was not as good, but the yards/carry were not awful, thus which IMO does not translate to a bad performance, much like the one we saw Sunday.