SportsWrath

No more complaining about Plax and the offense...

BurnThePhilFans

Who cares if Plax isn't putting up huge numbers... the facts are that we run the ball down people's throats, Eli has cut down on the interceptions and our offense has put up 35 or more points in 5 out of our 9 games... There's not much to complain about fellas!!!! 8-1!!!!!!!

Well Plax shows up sometimes.. and he plays lights out.. sometimes. Besides he cammeded double teams all night tonight.

I can not believe the difference in Plax this year as compared to last year .

money = no production

man up Laxico.

Actually Plax only played lights out in the latter part of the season... that's why I was calling for his head (figuratively speaking)

I can not believe the difference in Plax this year as compared to last year .

money = no production

man up Laxico.

I dont know that many WR's who can take double coverage every game and turn it into big numbers. The only time Plax was single covered was during the TD pass and even then the safety was in over the top help.

I dont even think Jerry Rice did well against double coverage.

I dont know that many WR's who can take double coverage every game and turn it into big numbers. The only time Plax was single covered was during the TD pass and even then the safety was in over the top help.

I dont even think Jerry Rice did well against double coverage.

yes he did. but he could catch slants (and he had a QB who could throw slants, 2 actually)

yes he did. but he could catch slants (and he had a QB who could throw slants, 2 actually)

Actually the one behind him, I think he could of caught..just seemed to surprise him getting it thrown to him like that..but he still needs to make that catch.

That one slant in the endzone on that play action was way to far outta reach, even for Plax the ball was a couple feet above his head. I figure seeing that guy go jumping over the line must have shaken up Eli's pass....but we should of been running it from the get go.

Precisely why Hixon needs to replace Toomer.

Wont happen until Toomer hangs up the cleats and even when that happens Smith is being played for Toomer's replacement. I have no worries though, just means either Hixon/Moss/Manningham will be competing for the slot position.

Actually the one behind him, I think he could of caught..just seemed to surprise him getting it thrown to him like that..but he still needs to make that catch.

That one slant in the endzone on that play action was way to far outta reach, even for Plax the ball was a couple feet above his head. I figure seeing that guy go jumping over the line must have shaken up Eli's pass....but we should of been running it from the get go.

i'm not putting him down- you just mentioned rice and it's apples and oranges. plax isn't that type of receiver and eli is not that type of QB. and it's not a west coast offense the giants run.

Wont happen until Toomer hangs up the cleats and even when that happens Smith is being played for Toomer's replacement. I have no worries though, just means either Hixon/Moss/Manningham will be competing for the slot position.

I realize Smith is the next Toomer. Exactly why it doesn't make sense to have them both on a 3 set.

They're both possesion receivers.

I realize Smith is the next Toomer. Exactly why it doesn't make sense to have them both on a 3 set.

They're both possesion receivers.

Really? How many third downs between Toomer and Smith have been caught? Take one of them out of the equation and I guarantee you we have more L's.

That slant in the endzone would've been an interception if it wasn't thrown so high. Better incomplete....

You can't keep him on the field just because of who he is.

Teams cannot double Plax and leave a burner like Hixon in single coverage.

I'm not saying you don't have a valid point. But Toomer is a veteran and out of respect, I would leave him on the field till he hangs 'em up.

Really? How many third downs between Toomer and Smith have been caught? Take one of them out of the equation and I guarantee you we have more L's.

Really. So if one of them is not on the field it equates to an incomplete? No one else could've been passed to, or could've caught the ball?

That slant in the endzone would've been an interception if it wasn't thrown so high. Better incomplete....

No Plax clearly had the DB's beat and split the coverage, the DB trailing him was a good three steps behind and he was in front of the safety. Really I'm glad it wasnt a pick but abit lower and it would of been an easy TD.

No Plax clearly had the DB's beat and split the coverage, the DB trailing him was a good three steps behind and he was in front of the safety. Really I'm glad it wasnt a pick but abit lower and it would of been an easy TD.

Yes Plax beat his man, I didn't say otherwise.

You need to take another look at it. There was a defender in the middle between Plax and the ball.

He almost got a hand on it even though it was so high.

Really. So if one of them is not on the field it equates to an incomplete? No one else could've been passed to, or could've caught the ball?

Well let me ask you this then, you honestly think the coaching staff is sitting there going "Hey we have this great weapon in Hixon..but lets not put him on the field for anything"

Yeah he's a good WR, but he hasnt proven that he should be in the starting lineup or even take Smith's position in three WR sets. Next year if Toomer retires I can easily see Hixon getting a shot but with the depth at WR right now and talent we can't feed everyone the ball.

I'm not saying you don't have a valid point. But Toomer is a veteran and out of respect, I would leave him on the field till he hangs 'em up.

I have tremendous respect for Toomer and he did have a good game.

But the fact is our number one was shut down, and that's becoming a habit.

Hixon could change that. We could actually get some deep completions and stop relying on what's available underneath.

Toomer has always been a team player and would have no problem being the 4th man.