SportsWrath

No more complaining about Plax and the offense...

BurnThePhilFans

Well let me ask you this then, you honestly think the coaching staff is sitting there going "Hey we have this great weapon in Hixon..but lets not put him on the field for anything"

Yeah he's a good WR, but he hasnt proven that he should be in the starting lineup or even take Smith's position in three WR sets. Next year if Toomer retires I can easily see Hixon getting a shot but with the depth at WR right now and talent we can't feed everyone the ball.

He shouldn't take Smith's spot. Smith is money. But Smith, like Toomer is not a deep threat. They're both possesion receivers.

I really have no idea what goes on in Gilbrides' mind. I am perplexed about 80% of the time.

Look at tonights game. Things that are obvious to everyone on this board seem to go ignored by Gil.

In the end though we shouldnt really be fighting about who should start over too. I mean look at our team...we have so much depth and talent on this team that it makes me wonder why we even fight about this stuff? We're 8-1 and have been playing well, exceptionally well fuck even great in some games. We cant start getting greedy and saying "Oh insert so and so and we will put up 193821132 points" or start bitching about why someone isnt getting playing time.

We're 8-1 and easily heading into the playoffs, it's obvious the Giants and I mean every Giant from the FO to the lonely towel boy is doing something right. We're on our way to another great playoff run and looking like we are going to be set up for the next number of years. We should be happy and not arguing amongst our selfs.

In the end though we shouldnt really be fighting about who should start over too. I mean look at our team...we have so much depth and talent at the depth that why should we even be fighting about this stuff? We're 8-1 and have been playing well, exceptionally well fuck even great in some games. We cant start getting greedy and saying "Oh insert so and so and we will put up 193821132 points" or start bitching about why someone isnt getting playing time.

We're 8-1 and easily heading into the playoffs, it's obvious the Giants and I mean every Giant from the FO to the lonely towel boy is doing something right. We're on our way to another great playoff run and looking like we are going to be set up for the next number of years. We should be happy and not arguing amongst our selfs.

1. This is not fighting. Maybe in Canada....:P

2. You're missing my point. My argument is for Plax to get the ball more. He is our number one playmaker. He is being shut down by doubles time and again. My argument is that Hixon can give Plax more opportunities to get the ball.

1. This is not fighting. Maybe in Canada....:P

2. You're missing my point. My argument is for Plax to get the ball more. He is our number one playmaker. He is being shut down by doubles time and again. My argument is that Hixon can give Plax more opportunities to get the ball.

Yeah and I understand your argument, I mean I would love for Plax to put up big numbers and get the ball more. Yet despite him not getting the ball we are still continuing to win and it isnt a knock on Plax's part. I think he should get the ball more but right now were are doing what is working in terms of our passing game. Sure our play calling is sometimes suspet but I mean...why should we have to change what we are doing right if we are still winning?

Also I just dont see how Hixon coming in causes Plax to loose coverage, outside of the Seattle game he hasnt shown much in terms of being that deep threat to any D. At this point I consider Moss to be more of a deep threat then Hixon, but really until he proves to the coaches he is the guy to come in and do what your saying...he is going to have to enjoy his role right now. As fans we can sit here and say "Oh if we would do this we would be better in the passing game" when in reality the Giants FO is doing a hell of a job of what they are doing. Their a Superbowl winning team...and I trust whatever they decide to do...I mean were not the Raiders :P

Yeah and I understand your argument, I mean I would love for Plax to put up big numbers and get the ball more. Yet despite him not getting the ball we are still continuing to win and it isnt a knock on Plax's part. I think he should get the ball more but right now were are doing what is working in terms of our passing game. Sure our play calling is sometimes suspet but I mean...why should we have to change what we are doing right if we are still winning?

Also I just dont see how Hixon coming in causes Plax to loose coverage, outside of the Seattle game he hasnt shown much in terms of being that deep threat to any D. At this point I consider Moss to be more of a deep threat then Hixon, but really until he proves to the coaches he is the guy to come in and do what your saying...he is going to have to enjoy his role right now. As fans we can sit here and say "Oh if we would do this we would be better in the passing game" when in reality the Giants FO is doing a hell of a job of what they are doing. Their a Superbowl winning team...and I trust whatever they decide to do...I mean were not the Raiders :P

It's great that we're winning and all, but at some point we're going to need some play from Plax. That's just the cold hard facts of it.

If you don't see how the fastest guy on the team can open opportunities for Plax, I don't know what else to say. I mean that's practically football 101. If they double Plax, they leave themselves vulnerable to a big play. If they double both, then you have half the field wide open. You hear coaches talking about stretching the field all the time, and this is exactly what they mean.

The Seattle game is the only chance Hixon has had other than a play or two here and there. How did that Seattle game turn out?

Moss? You've got to be kidding me. What has he shown you? I'm all ears for that.

It's great that we're winning and all, but at some point we're going to need some play from Plax. That's just the cold hard facts of it.

If you don't see how the fastest guy on the team can open opportunities for Plax, I don't know what else to say. I mean that's practically football 101. If they double Plax, they leave themselves vulnerable to a big play. If they double both, then you have half the field wide open. You hear coaches talking about stretching the field all the time, and this is exactly what they mean.

The Seattle game is the only chance Hixon has had other than a play or two here and there. How did that Seattle game turn out?

Moss? You've got to be kidding me. What has he shown you? I'm all ears for that.

Just about the same as Hixon at this point..although Hixon has more value on special teams.

I like how you say it's practically football 101 yet...our coaching staff must fail to realize it.

Just about the same as Hixon at this point..although Hixon has more value on special teams.

I like how you say it's practically football 101 yet...our coaching staff must fail to realize it.

lol they do know it.

It was talked about quite a bit during the offseason. Why they haven't made that move yet probably has to do with being comfortable with Toomer.

Give me just one example when Moss has looked like a deep threat. Just one.

That's f'n crazy talk.

Hixon is on this team because he is a deep threat, and he's proven it.

Moss is on this team because he was a second round pick.