SportsWrath

Burress not starting

Mr. P

Report: Burress benched by New York Giants again

by Mike Garafolo/The Star-Ledger

Sunday October 26, 2008, 12:15 PM

12:20 p.m. UPDATE Someone familiar with the situation believes Burress will be benched for only the opening series. I haven't confirmed that yet. Stay tuned.

FOX's Jay Glazer is reporting WR Plaxico Burress has been benched for missing a couple of injury treatment sessions late last week. It's unclear if he'll be benched for the entire game or just a part of it. Also, no word yet on a suspension. If true, this will be another fine.

This is getting ridiculous. He's losing more money than Wall Street.

More to come.

MG

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2008/10...hed_by_new.html

blog_header_vacchiano.jpg

October 26, 2008

Plaxico won't start after skipping treatment

Plaxico Burress is in trouble again.

The Giants' troublesome receiver is not expected to start today and probably won't play the opening series after missing a scheduled treatment for his neck injury yesterday. According to a report on Fox, Burress might not play at all today because he missed several scheduled treatments. But from what I'm hearing he will likely play, and he only skipped treatment once.

Burress, of course, was suspended for two weeks earlier this season for skipping a full day of work. Then last Sunday he was caught on camera cursing at Tom Coughlin. Then he was fined 45,000 by the NFL for, among other things, verbally abusing the officials and ripping them after the game.

So far, he's lost $204,000 in pay for his bad behavior since June - and those are just the fines and penalties we know about. There are likely many more.

To say this is getting ridiculous would be an understatement. At this point the Giants have to be wondering what, if anything, can get Burress' head screwed on right. Several players told me last week they planned to talk to Burress about his attitude lately. I'm not sure if they did, but if they did it didn't work.

Jesus wears #17 I guess ..... he can do what he wants :brooding:

I don't know what to think about this anymore. I was honestly trying to give him some benefit of the doubt that this had nothting to do with him getting paid, and just had a few bad moments. Now it is starting to look to me that he got his guaranteed money and really just doesn't care anymore. Where did the "warrior player" playing hurt and playing hard for his team go? Seriously dissappointed in his attitude toward the team and his carrer right now.

I don't know what to think about this anymore. I was honestly trying to give him some benefit of the doubt that this had nothting to do with him getting paid, and just had a few bad moments. Now it is starting to look to me that he got his guaranteed money and really just doesn't care anymore. Where did the "warrior player" playing hurt and playing hard for his team go? Seriously dissappointed in his attitude toward the team and his carrer right now.

Yep.

Last year, I thought he had really turned the corner attitude-wise. Looks like maybe he just wanted to get paid. :TD:

Defended him up until now... this is getting out of control

I guess I have a knack for recognizing cry babies vs those who have character. Funny I've never jumped off the Eli Bandwagon and I've been most critical of Plax. I guess he thinks he's irreplaceable. I hope Hixon shines again so the coaches can bench his ass the entire game.. or more.

I guess I have a knack for recognizing cry babies vs those who have character. Funny I've never jumped off the Eli Bandwagon and I've been most critical of Plax. I guess he thinks he's irreplaceable. I hope Hixon shines again so the coaches can bench his ass the entire game.. or more.

We know, we read all the time how your always right and never wrong.

Plax is a top 10 wide receiver...this is the norm guys, The Giants knew what they were getting

when they signed him to this extension. They made their bed and they have to lie in it.

Oh and Plax is pretty irreplaceable right now. I took what Hixon did against the Seahawks

because the Seahawks suck balls.

We know, we read all the time how your always right and never wrong.

Plax is a top 10 wide receiver...this is the norm guys, The Giants knew what they were getting

when they signed him to this extension. They made their bed and they have to lie in it.

Oh and Plax is pretty irreplaceable right now. I took what Hixon did against the Seahawks

because the Seahawks suck balls.

Character has to account for something. I hope they structured his contract to be performance based.

In his contract he was provided escalators to show up to certain things like mini camps, OTA's.

I figure you bash the guy so much you'd actually do some research and read up on his contract.

Dude, I don't NEED (nor do I have the time) to read his fucking contract to see what kind of crybaby he is. He has not fucking discipline and his sense of entitlement is only rivaled by TO.

Hixon is going to be in for one series and it's probably going to be mostly runs.

Burress to be held out of starting lineup for missing treatment session

ESPN.com news services

Updated: October 26, 2008, 3:39 PM ET

The 2008 season continues to be a trying one for Plaxico Burress.

Plaxico Burress

2139.jpg Wide Receiver

New York Giants

2008 Season Stats Rec Yds TD Avg Long YAC 25 341 3 13.6 33 26 The New York Giants receiver, already fined $117,000 by the team earlier this month and $45,000 in additional fines from the NFL for his actions during and after the Giants' victory over the San Francisco 49ers in Week 7, was told he will be held out of the starting lineup against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday for missing treatments for a neck injury.

Backup receiver Domenik Hixon was slated to start in his place.

The Giants reportedly considered suspending Burress for missing a treatment session Saturday morning.

Depending on the Giants' success against the Steelers, Burress could very well miss the entire game. In a text message to ESPN's Rachel Nichols, Burress said he did not know how long he would be on the bench.

Burress' latest fines from the NFL included $20,000 for verbally abusing an official during the Giants' game against the 49ers, another $20,000 for "inappropriate" comments about officiating after the game and $5,000 for throwing a football into the stands.

Burress was fined and suspended earlier this month by the Giants for missing a Monday team meeting and being unreachable by phone. His agent, Drew Rosenhaus, who appealed the initial suspension to the players association, has said Burress was dealing with important family matters.

Steelers running back Willie Parker was deactivated for a fourth consecutive game because of an ongoing knee problem. Parker, a Pro Bowl running back, practiced Wednesday and Thursday before the problem flared up, causing him to sit out Friday's workout.

Steelers defensive end Aaron Smith was active for the game despite missing all practices last week for what the team said were personal reasons.