SportsWrath

Deangelo Williams

Guest Floyd The Barber
With the FA playing a part in where we thought certain payers were going, does anybody think that if we do indeed sign Lavar and DeAngelo Williams is available that late in the draft...Do we draft him?

no...we will go LB or DT with our first pick...with each pick following the most athetlic , best available LB , DT or DB to follow...

the 2006 season will consist of 7 defensive players, all of which are LB's , DT's and DB's...any other position drafted would be utterly foolish and wasted

mark my words...the FAB 4 have ears in upper management

Guest Nutty Sack

I don't care if they discover Reggie Bush is a homo and he falls in our laps. We need to go ......defense....defense...defense....take a break........defense ...........defense........dye your hair.....more defense !!!!

As great as Tiki is I don't think that he has that much left in the tank (Neither does he..proved by his preperation for a new carreer at "Fox and Frieds in the Morning"). I also do not think that any of the other RB's we have are being prepped nor given me much comfort when I think our future backfield. Well we'll see.

no...we will go LB or DT with our first pick...with each pick following the most athetlic , best available LB , DT or DB to follow...

the 2006 season will consist of 7 defensive players, all of which are LB's , DT's and DB's...any other position drafted would be utterly foolish and wasted

No, you just happened to guess what hundreds and thousands of other fans are thinking too. Don't get your pantsies in a bunch :drool:

As for Williams, it's a year too early to draft an RB.

I will bet you anything that you will be wrong. How about we come up with some wager? If i win, you and the rest of the FAB 4 can't dis Eli or William Joseph for a week. You can think of mine if i lose.

How confident are you guys now?

I will bet you anything that you will be wrong. How about we come up with some wager? If i win, you and the rest of the FAB 4 can't dis Eli or William Joseph for a week. You can think of mine if i lose.

Pay no attention to these tampons. They hop from one board to the next talking to each other. Floyd and Nosebleed have already had a short vacation from here...

Listen to what Motes said. Also, I deleted your thread. We've decided to delete any threads that intend to antagonize or "call out" the Fab Four ... such threads bring nothing to the board.

Listen to what Motes said. Also, I deleted your thread. We've decided to delete any threads that intend to antagonize or "call out" the Fab Four ... such threads bring nothing to the board.

okey dokey. Then let's take the words "call out" to "a nice friendly wager" :TU:

Yeah, I too think it's just a year too early to think RB. I'm glad we got Jacobs to spell Tiki here and there. I just wish we'd use Jacobs a little more in every down situations, not just short yardage, so that he could show us a little more of what he offers. It should give us a better idea as to what direction we should go in next year's draft.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Tiki have a career year last year? Wasn't last year the best, or at least among the best of his career?

Yes Tiki had a carreer year but so did Ty Law and Ty Law is no Spring Chicken. I am not tking anything away from either guy but from a managerial standpoint I think that you have to worry about the near future because I think that we may have "Dynasty" material.

I'm as big a Giants fan as the next guy, but also a realist. We haven't won a single SB in what, 15 years. The word dynasty is just a hair, just a tiny bit, premature don't you think.

I'm simply saying that we prepare for life after Tiki with a first round pick next year. After the year that he just had, there's no need to replace him now. Tiki will play this coming year and probably the year after, and if we draft his replacement next year, it will give the replacement a year of tutelage under Tiki before he's expected to start.

Furthermore, I'd be willing to bet that we only have one more major FA acquisition possible. I would hope that it's OLB or DT, but it appears that backup QB isn't out of the question either. Regardless of the final FA moves, OLB and DT should be the first two rounds of the draft as they are the two thinnest positions we have available at the moment.

I like DeAngelo Williams but I'm not convinced he's a sure bet featureback. If we're going to take a RB in the first round when we really need to be strengthening our defense, he shouldn't come with question marks. Williams is awfully small. I like the kid and think he's got a big heart but if we drafted him we'd potentially have one guy who's too big and runs upright (Jacobs) and one who's too small and may not hold up to the pounding as our heirs apparent to Tiki. I think we hold off for a better option. That and I simply don't see how we can afford not to address the defensive side of the ball early, unless it's for a Left Tackle.