SportsWrath

Where was Toomer?

BleedinBlue

To say I was disappointed last night is an understatement. What a let down after being psyched all day waiting for the game to begin.

The thing that kept popping into my head throughout the game was, "where's Toomer?". He was listed as playing, but nary a pass was thrown his way. It's as if TC wanted to make a point to Plax by throwing the game and showing Plax that he alone cannot carry the team to a victory.

Toomer has been a clutch reciever for so long that I just expect to see him make at least 3 or 4 catches and usually a dazzling one to boot, where he touches his toes to the turf just before going out of bounds. But from what I can tell.....there wasn't even a single pass thrown his way. Hell, Eli threw more passes to backup TE Mathews than he did to Toomer.

I don't get it.

Steve Smith came up big, though.

Yes, he did. He was awesome.

Did it look to anyone else like the Brown's had our offensive play book? Those routes seemed to have been read like a childs book. <_<

Yes, he did. He was awesome.

Did it look to anyone else like the Brown's had our offensive play book? Those routes seemed to have been read like a childs book. <_<

I don't know if they had our playbook, but they sure seemed to know where we were going with the ball.

I'm still pissed that Eli would throw to Plax when Plax was double covered and sometimes triple covered. Heck, Eli getting intercepted was because there wasn't a Brown's player or even a fan in the stadium who didn't know Eli was going to throw to Plax no matter how covered he was. Plax is at his best when Toomer keeps the defense honest. I loved Steve Smith's play last night and he sure looks like he's gonna be a good one for years to come.....but the only way the Giants are going to have a successful team is if they spread the ball around to more than 2 recievers. To have a good air game, you need 3 WR's being used and a decent pass catching TE. And if they ain't gonna use Boss more often that one pass a game (or 2 passes for every 3 games), then they should go after and get Gonzales!

In the back of my mind....I feel as if the reason Plax skipped practice and was fined and suspended for 2 weeks was because he threw a hissy fit that he didn't think he was being used enough. So TC wanted to show him that if he wants to be a one-man show, then the team loses while he looks for personal glory. I know that's a stretch, but it's the only thing I can think of as to why Toomer was completely ignored all night long.

Man....poor Toomer. Can you imagine running routes time after time after time....for an entire game.....and never even once having the ball thrown anywhere near you. That'd be exhausting and frustrating beyond belief.

Man....poor Toomer. Can you imagine running routes time after time after time....for an entire game.....and never even once having the ball thrown anywhere near you. That'd be exhausting and frustrating beyond belief.

That last INT was heading towards Toomer..... I wish he was coming back to the ball as his QB was in trouble <_<

You could also say that if Eli lead Toomer more to the right it was a TD.

Maybe, but there was also another defender there. He might have been better off throwing to someone else..... But when the QB gets knocked out of the pocket aren't the recievers supposed to come back to him? No Doubt Eli Shit his pants last night, but that was he least horrible of the three INTs

Maybe, but there was also another defender there. He might have been better off throwing to someone else..... But when the QB gets knocked out of the pocket aren't the recievers supposed to come back to him? No Doubt Eli Shit his pants last night, but that was he least horrible of the three INTs

I checked the low lights and you are right but it probably wouldn't have been an INT. The guy covering wasn't looking back because he had tight coverage on his man (Boss?). Really that was a bad play because both were in the exact same area, 5 seconds later they would have run into each other. Also the running back to Eli would have been to hard as Toomer cut right and the ball was thrown a second later to him. Watching Eli it just seemed like the Gomer of old where he gets all exasperated and made some bad decisions, especially the Plax bomb INT. If he had thrown into the middle of the field, where Plax was smartly going, it is a TD.