SportsWrath

Well it's done.

Allstarjim

Goodbye, Willie. It's a shame that this team cost you your job. In particular, your bullpen. Goodbye, Willie. We will remember you fondly.

Also fired: Rick Peterson and Tom Nieto, the first base coach. Still a Met... Sandy Alomar. :furious:

Jerry Manuel named interim manager. Ken Oberkfell, Dan Warthen, and Luis Aguayo promoted to the big club.

Now Omar, these Mets will be playing for YOUR job.

Goodbye, Willie. It's a shame that this team cost you your job. In particular, your bullpen. Goodbye, Willie. We will remember you fondly.

Also fired: Rick Peterson and Tom Nieto, the first base coach. Still a Met... Sandy Alomar. :furious:

Jerry Manuel named interim manager. Ken Oberkfell, Dan Warthen, and Luis Aguayo promoted to the big club.

Now Omar, these Mets will be playing for YOUR job.

It was only a matter of time now that it is don maybe the team can play with a clear mindset and start wining some games........BOBBY V WHERE YOU AT.....LMAO

2009 new manager new stadium new start BRIng BoBBY V back to NY....He would not stand for Half ass Baseball....

Given that you can't trust anything anyone ever says about job opportunity desires, but Bobby V has said he is happy in Japan and is not interested in returning to US baseball.

Yep and Bobby V has as many division titles as I do. As in none. Mets upper management

doesn't like Valentine because he has a huge ego. You hire Valentine and you have to get the ego

and it's bigger.

embarrassing, after a win on the road at 3:15am in the morning on a press release.

Yeah that was pretty shady. I was at work when i read the ness and my first thought was...."At this hour? I didn't even know the Mets brass would be up"

It was time for Willie to go though. This was handled in the worst possible way. Why would they permit him to go on the west coast trip and then fire him? They are saying this was decided earlier. Maybe they will fire Omar during the game tonight.

It was time for Willie to go though. This was handled in the worst possible way. Why would they permit him to go on the west coast trip and then fire him? They are saying this was decided earlier. Maybe they will fire Omar during the game tonight.

I agree with you, but I didn't think it was all Willie's fault.

Who built the team? Who assembled it like a house of cards?

Omar.

Omar get ready, you're next.

When a 2nd tier player like Castillo lopes to first base on a ground ball, and doesn't even get taken out of the game, it is time to make a change.

shhhhh he has bad knees.

Why was Nieto fired? A first base coach was fired. :LMAO:

When a 2nd tier player like Castillo lopes to first base on a ground ball, and doesn't even get taken out of the game, it is time to make a change.

As a Yankee fan you should be the last person criticizing a classless firing, remember

what your team did to Torre?

As a Yankee fan you should be the last person criticizing a classless firing, remember

what your team did to Torre?

Torre quit, remember?

Anyway, I didn't say it was a classless firing. I just think Willie should have been tougher when it was needed. It was kind of low to be firing him in the middle of a road trip, though, so maybe it was classless.

There's also speculation by this fan that he learned how to manage a pitching staff from Torre. :rolleyes:

Torre quit, remember?

Anyway, I didn't say it was a classless firing. I just think Willie should have been tougher when it was needed. It was kind of low to be firing him in the middle of a road trip, though, so maybe it was classless.

There's also speculation by this fan that he learned how to manage a pitching staff from Torre. :rolleyes:

Torre didn't NOT quite. The Yankees offered him a one year contract with an extension on the

way "if he made the World Series." Go back to your nonsensical talk about the Yankees and knowing

nothing about the game of baseball.

You are right. I think Willie started to lose the team when this happened with Reyes last year. They seem to just have lost respect for the guy.

Charlie Manuel benched the reigning NL MVP for this. You know those guys respect the hell out of that manager right now and will play even harder.

Torre quit, remember?

Dear lord a day like today and we have to deal with your nonsenical idiocity.

Anyway Torre did not quit. He was offered a lesser deal, incentive based after 12 straight years in the playoffs. Wanna say he quit then fine he quit. Those of us living in reality will see that he was "forced out"

I love how you Yankee fans bad mouth Torre now like he was Stump Merril. Guy got your team 4 more WS titles then they had before he got there and basically made sure that playoff baseball and the Yankees went hand in hand every year. Sa what you will, but he always kept his supertars motivated, sadly something Willie was unable to learn from him.