SportsWrath

Will Allen signs in Miami

xxi-xxv

If Nick Saban wants Will Allen, then the Giants made the biggest mistake of their life-time. Maybe Saban knows how to fix the hands of Will Allen, similar to what Coughlin did with Tiki Barber.

It's time for a new defensive coachings staff.

Thats true, if Saban wants him, he sees something he can work with. Saban is a defensive master.

If Nick Saban wants Will Allen, then the Giants made the biggest mistake of their life-time. Maybe Saban knows how to fix the hands of Will Allen, similar to what Coughlin did with Tiki Barber.

It's time for a new defensive coachings staff.

Considering Allen worked on catching the ball during his offseason training and it still did nothing, I wonder what difference Saban could make.

Considering Allen worked on catching the ball during his offseason training and it still did nothing, I wonder what difference Saban could make.

Didn't Tiki work on his fumbling problems pre TC? A coach can make all the difference to a player, even just by showing confidence in them. But Saban knows defense, he may not make Allen an INT machine, but Allen will be a very good player for Miami.

Don't discredit Will Allen's contribution because of his stone hands. Good cover corners don't get a lot of interceptions anyway because the ball doesn't come his way. The man was a solid performer and I wish him well. If he makes a few INT's for Miami, that would be fine too.

Guest nosebleed

I believe I read that Nick is going to chop off Allen's hands and sew on a new pair..........

Didn't Tiki work on his fumbling problems pre TC? A coach can make all the difference to a player, even just by showing confidence in them. But Saban knows defense, he may not make Allen an INT machine, but Allen will be a very good player for Miami.

How can Saban work on Allen catching the ball? You think TC said "It's fine Will, don't worry about catching the ball?"

How can Saban work on Allen catching the ball? You think TC said "It's fine Will, don't worry about catching the ball?"

No, I just think Saban is more knowledgable when it comes to defense and TC is more knowledgable on offense. There were alot of things that needed work in our secondary, perhaps working with a single players inability to catch, just didn't become a top priority as long as he covered well. There are many drills for catching the ball, Saban seems to be able to find ways to improve defenses and make each player better.

I think you guys are giving too much credit to Nick here. He was great at LSU but this is still only his second year in the NFL and is still getting a feel for things. To say that he'll turn Allen into a superstar right off the bat is wrong, he's not that good just yet.

I think you guys are giving too much credit to Nick here. He was great at LSU but this is still only his second year in the NFL and is still getting a feel for things. To say that he'll turn Allen into a superstar right off the bat is wrong, he's not that good just yet.

Noone is saying he'll turn allen into a superstar, we're saying he'll make him a better player. Yes this is his 2nd season, but teaching fundementals doesn't change no matter what level you coach at.

Guest Lockhart
12 million bucks, 5million guaranteed

Allen a Phin

will Allen wasn't great, but he was the best the Giants had - now they have an often burnt rookie and an aging player at the cornerback position with Gibrill Wilson and a player who had an ACL injury in November at safety. The Giant defensive backfield is more of a question mark in 2006 than it was in 2005. Gibril wilson is the only guarantee of the four positions.

Guest Lockhart

What is telling here is the fact that Nick Saban, who is a defensive Genius, released the aging Sam Madison and now signed the younger and cheaper Will Allen to be his cornerback. Once again Accorsi has been outflanked, with the giants and their fans paying the price for his continual mistakes in personnel selection.

You gotta be kiddin me !!!

We call nick saban a genius??

He's gonna turn will allen into a INT machine??

Listen up! Will Allen is who he is !!! He doesnt have the

feel to make plays on the football as a defender.

Nick Saban may make him better but you either have it or you dont.

And Allen is good as a run defender and weaker as a pass defender.

Every team takes risks and miami is taking a risk with allen.

the giants are taking a risk wih madison.

I would rather go with the pro bowler in this case. He is a proven comodity while

allen needs a lot of tweaking to ever be a pro bowler.

<_<

Miami took more of a risk than the giants in my opinion!

Guest Lockhart
You gotta be kiddin me !!!

We call nick saban a genius??

He's gonna turn will allen into a INT machine??

Listen up! Will Allen is who he is !!! He doesnt have the

feel to make plays on the football as a defender.

Nick Saban may make him better but you either have it or you dont.

And Allen is good as a run defender and weaker as a pass defender.

Every team takes risks and miami is taking a risk with allen.

the giants are taking a risk wih madison.

I would rather go with the pro bowler in this case. He is a proven comodity while

allen needs a lot of tweaking to ever be a pro bowler.

<_<

Miami took more of a risk than the giants in my opinion!

Never said that , but Saban has a young, experienced DB that he will make better and a starter. Madison is over 30 and could be done very quickly. He has already lost a step, and not in the Dolphin plans at all. Saban took an awful team to a 9-7 record and now he has dumped an aging veteran and has a young experienced starter - Saban is much better than Tim Lewis. EA got used again.

Never said that , but Saban has a young, experienced DB that he will make better and a starter. Madison is over 30 and could be done very quickly. He has already lost a step, and not in the Dolphin plans at all. Saban took an awful team to a 9-7 record and now he has dumped an aging veteran and has a young experienced starter - Saban is much better than Tim Lewis. EA got used again.

we are not gonna know for sure until they get on the field again!

Ernie has made some good moves also!

Is ernie George Young? NO !!!

but Osi was a very good signing! Ernie has problems with # picks and is better

at the deeper pick!

I read and article about #1 picks and the entire NFL has problems with

getting a good return on their #1 picks! Not just ernie!!!

I know your critical but the negativity will only hurt our team!

I loved this guy ever since he caught my eye back in 2001. I have always been such a big supporter of his. He has been my favorite player since then. I'm really going to miss him. He definitely didn't deserve half of the harsh criticism that he received. He was a good, competitive CB with great potential. Arguably the fastest Giant I have ever seen. Pretty good tackler too and helpful in run support. IMO he was heading into elite status in 03 and in the beginning of the 04 season (when the defense was aggressive). Unfortunately his foot injury may still be affecting him since he has been beaten on double moves more than he ever was.

As for Corey Webster I see a lot of potential. I see a very good athlete with good speed, really fluid hips, a very good vertical, great hands, and someone who has good strength for his size and can hit. IMO Webster will be the real deal. I think he starts this year with Madison the other starter and McQuarters/Deloatch as the nickel. Webster just needs to be more aggressive against the run and tackle better.

doesn't seem lik ethey gave up that much..

5mil in bonus money?

over seven years?

I hate when teams seems to switch players like this....now allen will have a breakout year...

:doh:

yeah !! and if we were to have kept him he would have done the same old !

Both teams took a risk ! We know one thing Allen cant catch a cold !!

yeah !! and if we were to have kept him he would have done the same old !

Both teams took a risk ! We know one thing Allen cant catch a cold !!

true true....

but...a new year a new team...maybe some new hands....

then again maybe not....

Guest Nutty Sack
doesn't seem lik ethey gave up that much..

5mil in bonus money?

over seven years?

I hate when teams seems to switch players like this....now allen will have a breakout year...

:doh:

We knew what we had in Will Allen. Yet we go out and get guys who have a history of injuries. Who knows what to expect. Yes Will had his weaknesses but the majority of the time he was solid. He had no fear in stepping up and making a tackle at the line.

No doubt Ernie made a mistake here.

Lol Allen dubbed the #1 worst off-season move.

Will Allen to Miami — In essence, the Dolphins trade Sam Madison for a cover corner that couldn't catch a cold if he ran around naked in Alaska. Not that we want to see that. Nick Saban made a bizarre choice when he inked Allen to a four-year, $12 million dollar deal.

Has other interesting info too.

Will Demps to N.Y. Giants — Regarded as one of the smartest and hardest-working players in the NFL, Demps is a perfect fit playing for Tom Coughlin. The safety is healthy after a partially torn ACL kept him out of the final month of the season for the Ravens. Giants general manager Ernie Accorsi smartly gave his new starting safety a five-year deal worth $12 million and a $3 million signing bonus.

Go Giants!!! :rock: