SportsWrath

My discussion with a Dallas fan

BIGBLUE01

I was on myspace yesterday, and gave a cowboy fan some shit. He responded with this:

Hey bud nice to meet you to. I do not personally remember talking about anything last year except for the fact that the Giants were the only team from the NFC that as a Cowboy fan that I didnt want to play. See, I am a football realist. I know the regular season doesnt mean diddly when the playoffs start. I also know it is nearly impossible to beat the same team 3 times in one year. So congrats to you. I dont believe for a second that the Giants have as much talent as the top 5 teams in football, but the run they made last year in the playoffs was about heart and desire and they showed that more then any other team. To go into Dallas, Green Bay and then beat New England in the Super Bowl was a historic run, but its over now and a new season is about to begin. Enjoy the win and being the champs, because from what I am seeing today, the entire right side of your defensive line just became vulnerable and Plaxico Burress is pulling an Ocho Cinco against the front office. Not a good way to start the off season. So we will see what happens this year and if you are a football realist, becuase if you are then you would cleary see that Dallas has just out together what is easily going to compete for the best defensive secondary in football, coupled with 2 players that had over 12 sacks last year in the defensive line to go along with an offense that really only stops themselves at times. If the offense can get over that the I would say they have as good a chance as anybody again this year to win it all. Good luck, your gonna need it I think.

He knows who the fuck I am, there were a bunch of us trash talking lsat season. Anyway, it seems that everyone thinks we are gonna crumble because Starhan left and whats going on with Plax.

Comments?

People are not going to be really in depth with their knowledge of a teams depth, like fans of that team are. We all know tuck is a beast. What we'll miss is Strahan's run stuffing ability. Hopefully Kiwi makes strides because the dude might not be all that far off if Tuck struggles against the run and Kiwi struggles against the run at LB.

Regardless, we're the defending champs, weather hateres want to give us credit for the talent on the team or not, they can't take away the trophy.

And when i look at out roster, I think we are easily as talented as the top teams in the league, we're just younbg They havn't made the name for themselves like the older teams that have been around and togewther for a while. .

I put our Oline against anyones

I put our depth at RB's against anyones.

Our wide recievers may not be prima donna super stars, but they are capable and thrive in our offense. And when we need a biog performance, well, see Green bay.

Out line backers and secondary isn't terrible, especially if Web plays like he did in the playoffs and if gerris Wilkinson steps up and plays. We are deep at safety and just got the best safety in the draft.

I mean, all homerism aside, where are the obvious week links? here's the "oh, teams will pass all over them, run all over them, kill their QB, stuff their run, holes?

We're deep at every position. 2 QB's capable of starting and 1 who many say was the best QB in the draft.

3 runningbacks who could start for a lot of teams

3 impact WR's and a whole mess iof young, talented wide outs.

A versitle and proven offensive line.

TE speaks for itself.

A defensive line that took a hit, but still loaded with talent.

A pretty deep LB corps.

Deep at safety and CB.

For a team thats about to fall on it's ass, I think we're in pretty damn good shape.

Well put VG. I kinda laughed at the Plax comment. He is nothing like C Johnson. this is what I responded with:

Nice to meet you too.

Well, your a tad bit better than your typical cowboy fan. Not a bad response. I agree with the heart, although we are and were a top 5 team in terms of talent, but I wouldn't expect a Dallas fan to admit that. In the playoffs, we werent the most talented aside from TB, but the regular season yes we were, and thats just something you will have to learn to admit. As for the Dline, Strahan is so great that of course he'll be missed. But he is not the Strahan off young, and in case you forgot, we are stacked at DE, so nothings vunerable. But again, a Dallas fan wouldnt know that. I'll give you a heads up so that you will know the names of the guys that will be crushing Romo. Justin Tuck, Osi Umenyiora, Mathias Kiwanuka and Dave Tollefson. Not to mention our deph. And Plax?? lol, you gotta know whats going on before you comment. Ocho played decently and cries for more money. Plax plays pro bowl worthy on a bum ankle ALL season, wins a SB and asks TO BE IN NY LONGER. Not more money, a contract extension. And hes about to get it. So, in summary, with the emegence of our draft picks 2 years ago, and the safety and CB we pulled in the 1st and 2nd rds, our already stacked front seven, and an Eli Manning that has his first playoff win (unlike Romo), we're looking poised to repeat. You on the other hand, might want to keep in mind that T.O. is old, Glenn is old, Crayton stinks and your secondary additions are more problems than help. Oh yeah, and Wade Phillips stinks. Yeah, Im a football realist. Your a cowboy fan. Thats usually another word for FANTASYLAND. lol Good luck this season, your gonna need it. Really.

Dave Tollefson? Let's not get ahead of ourselves here guys, he is what he is. A good

special teams player who had one good hit on Jeff Garcia.

Chad Johnson the past 3 years has had better numbers than Plax, but he only plays "decently"

while Plax plays at pro bowl level. I think it's time to take off the rose colored glasses.

Owens may be old, but for fucks sake is one of the best receivers in the game and will

still continue that because he keeps himself in tremendous shape.

You do know that Dallas drafted a corner in the first round right? Even if Pacman isn't allowed

to play they still have 3 good cornerbacks, of course they still need a replacement for Roy Williams.

Dave Tollefson? Let's not get ahead of ourselves here guys, he is what he is. A good

Chad Johnson the past 3 years has had better numbers than Plax, but he only plays "decently"

while Plax plays at pro bowl level. I think it's time to take off the rose colored glasses.

Owens may be old, but for fucks sake is one of the best receivers in the game and will

You do know that Dallas drafted a corner in the first round right? Even if Pacman isn't allowed

to play they still have 3 good cornerbacks, of course they still need a replacement for Roy Williams.

Wow, Ive never seen a Giants fan more hating than you golfin. :rolleyes: Me thinks you should take of your"wanna contradict everything" colored glasses.

I added Tollefson cause of the depth. And he played fine, and probably will with more playing time. And didnt even mention our DT's, which make it that much better.

The numbers arent that much different between Johnson and Plax, and Plax played hurt and didnt bitch constantly.

Wow, Ive never seen a Giants fan more hating than you golfin. :rolleyes: Me thinks you should take of your"wanna contradict everything" colored glasses.

I added Tollefson cause of the depth. And he played fine, and probably will with more playing time. And didnt even mention our DT's, which make it that much better.

The numbers arent that much different between Johnson and Plax, and Plax played hurt and didnt bitch constantly.

No, it's because I'm a realist. I put my "want to contradict everything" because parts of what

you said aren't true at all.

Chad Johnson's Stats

Plax's Stats

The only clear cut advantage is that Plax has more touchdowns. Johnson has a better

receiver mate in Houshmanzada too and he led the league in catches last year. Aside from

Johnson's antics (which were cool and funny when they were winning, BTW) Johnson's a superior

receiver and I love Plaxico too, especially after he played hurt in so many games this year.

to play they still have 3 good corner backs, of course they still need a replacement for Roy Williams.

If the CBs pan out for Dallas then Williams will be fine. He excelled at playing blitz and at the line, down hill as it's called. Dallas and Williams know that's what he is best at. I agree though that the Giants do have needs but so does every team. It's a crap shoot like every year and hopefully there won't be a SB hangover.

If the CBs pan out for Dallas then Williams will be fine. He excelled at playing blitz and at the line, down hill as it's called. Dallas and Williams know that's what he is best at. I agree though that the Giants do have needs but so does every team. It's a crap shoot like every year and hopefully there won't be a SB hangover.

Exactly, even if Pacman doesn't get reinstated they still have a 1st round pick in Mike

Jenkins to play with. As much as it pains me to type this, Dallas is very, very good and I just

hope the Giants can split the series.

No, it's because I'm a realist. I put my "want to contradict everything" because parts of what

you said aren't true at all.

Chad Johnson's Stats

Plax's Stats

The only clear cut advantage is that Plax has more touchdowns. Johnson has a better

receiver mate in Houshmanzada too and he led the league in catches last year. Aside from

Johnson's antics (which were cool and funny when they were winning, BTW) Johnson's a superior

receiver and I love Plaxico too, especially after he played hurt in so many games this year.

Like I said, similiar stats, and TD's are the more convincing stat. Plax has been playing along side Toomer, so its a wash. But Dallas' secondary, Im not as convinced as you.

My talks with a Dallas fan

Me:"So we won the superbowl"

Them:"DURH DURH DURH TONY ROMO DURH DURH NFC EAST CHAMPS DURH DURH DURH!"

Me:"Good luck with that"

:LMAO::LMAO::LMAO:

Sounds like the convo I had with a TB fan at my local watering hole recently. :rolleyes:

I was on myspace yesterday, and gave a cowboy fan some shit. He responded with this:

Hey bud nice to meet you to. I do not personally remember talking about anything last year except for the fact that the Giants were the only team from the NFC that as a Cowboy fan that I didnt want to play. See, I am a football realist. I know the regular season doesnt mean diddly when the playoffs start. I also know it is nearly impossible to beat the same team 3 times in one year. So congrats to you. I dont believe for a second that the Giants have as much talent as the top 5 teams in football, but the run they made last year in the playoffs was about heart and desire and they showed that more then any other team. To go into Dallas, Green Bay and then beat New England in the Super Bowl was a historic run, but its over now and a new season is about to begin. Enjoy the win and being the champs, because from what I am seeing today, the entire right side of your defensive line just became vulnerable and Plaxico Burress is pulling an Ocho Cinco against the front office. Not a good way to start the off season. So we will see what happens this year and if you are a football realist, becuase if you are then you would cleary see that Dallas has just out together what is easily going to compete for the best defensive secondary in football, coupled with 2 players that had over 12 sacks last year in the defensive line to go along with an offense that really only stops themselves at times. If the offense can get over that the I would say they have as good a chance as anybody again this year to win it all. Good luck, your gonna need it I think.

He knows who the fuck I am, there were a bunch of us trash talking lsat season. Anyway, it seems that everyone thinks we are gonna crumble because Starhan left and whats going on with Plax.

Comments?

I respect his take. He didn't say anything new.. although I feel the Giants were taleneted.. but that could be my fan bias.. or could be this guy's outsider's lack of knowledge about our team. Nevertheless it's good to see fans who got their heads screwed right. It will be difficult to repeat.. and while we're deep at DL, Strahan will be missed.

Plax is overrated... I think his childish behavior negated what he's done late last season... but oh well.

I respect his take. He didn't say anything new.. although I feel the Giants were taleneted.. but that could be my fan bias.. or could be this guy's outsider's lack of knowledge about our team. Nevertheless it's good to see fans who got their heads screwed right. It will be difficult to repeat.. and while we're deep at DL, Strahan will be missed.

Plax is overrated... I think his childish behavior negated what he's done late last season... but oh well.

Yeah, I like the guy compared to most Dallas fans. But I dont know where you get Plax is overrated. :confused:

if anyone deserves an extended contract, its Plax.

Yeah, I like the guy compared to most Dallas fans. But I dont know where you get Plax is overrated. :confused:

if anyone deserves an extended contract, its Plax.

lol, actually I think Plax is overrated in the sense that he's lived up to his potential in 2007. Other than that he was medicore at best. Nothing worse than having a great talent with a lazy player...

lol, actually I think Plax is overrated in the sense that he's lived up to his potential in 2007. Other than that he was medicore at best. Nothing worse than having a great talent with a lazy player...

But the laziness was coming from Pitt, wasnt it? I mean, thats what we all thought of Plax, until he became a Giant if I remember correctly. But even if what you say is true, what he did last yr alone would warrant at LEAST a conversation, dont you think?

for some reason i really like tollefson... he was active for every game in the playoffs so i get the feeling that the coaches must respect his work ethic and ability... i think he's gonna be more valuable to us then we know right now.

nas please look at plax's numbers in 05 and 06 and tell me how he was mediocre at best.

Comments?

The Dallas fan has some points - the Cowboys I'm sure are very pissed off as to how their season ended, and I'm sure they feel they should have played the Patriots.

The Patriots - or at least, their fans - must feel that the Giants caught them on their worst day of the year.

And the Giants have a ton of distractions already - retirements, holdouts, squabbles, etc - that are common to most Super Bowl Champs.

But, when you look at the Giants on paper, they are still a very solid team, and if Reese hits on half the 2008 draft class, we've offset our offseason losses.

You can't replace a Hall of Famer like Strahan, but the next best thing is preparing for his departure, and I think Ernie and Reese get an A+ grade on that.

Coughlin went from "dead coach walking" to a Legend Killer in one season; Eli went from "potential bust" heading into 2007 to Super Bowl MVP in 2008. Spagnuolo went from an unknown bargain basement DC into a defensive genius in one season. These are three very big reasons why the Giants will remain a contender in 2008.

If 2007 proves anything, it's that great teams will beat great players in the big game.

Giants fans want winners, and I'm sure we'll be upset if Big Blue falls on their face in 2008. But, we have some very fresh, very sweet memories right now. The same cannot be said for the Redskins, Eagles or Dallas right now. Their fans are eating their hearts out right now. Zorn is too new to get fired (although I wouldn't put anything past Snyder), and Reid is still at least one more season from any hot seat (at least from an ownership perspective), but The Skipper in Dallas?....his ass is on fire. And Rom0-2?.....well he's staring at a fork in the road - is he the next Aikman or the next Danny White?

If the Giants have anything over on the competition, it's this - among all the NFL powers out there, the Giants, along with the Pats and Colts, have QB's that have won the Big One. That's right, I'm calling Eli among the 3 best QB's in the NFL right now, until someone else proves me wrong in the postseason.

First comparing Plex to Chad Johnson is ridiculous, just proves it referring to him at "ocho cinco". Chad Johnson has become more of a gimmick then a football player,and networks like ESPN feed into it by paying him the undeserved attention he craves. Plex is the complete opposite, Plaxico is trying to get a contract to keep him a Giant for life, not trying to leave town. And has far as our talent, we did the lead the NFL in sacks last year, and probably will again next year even without Strahan, our scheme is outstanding and Tuck is gonna be a beast (10 sacks in role duty last year). We have upgraded at Safety which was our biggest weakness. And we finally seen the Eli Manning we all been waiting for. If anyone thinks we are fluke and just had a nice four game playoff run, their mistaken and we should be in Tampa for Super Bowl 43