SportsWrath

Kenny Phillips, please don't be Shaun Williams

boohyah

A little disappointed that they didn't go with Tyrell Johnson.

I was too. But I also know that Phillips is younger that Johnson, having played as a freshman (didn't redshirt) and left college early. And he's played against bigger competition than Johnson. I'm sure that Phillips will have to add a few pounds and put on more muscle as he transitions to the NFL. Hopefully, he'll be a solid safety for us for years to come.

To me, a WR wouldn't have been horrible, considering we would have had our pick of the best WR on the board (that the Giants had highest rated). But I guess you could say that about safety as well and we filled a need. Still, I would like the Giants to draft a big WR target for Eli in this round, but I'm not sure there are any left who are worth a 2nd round pick! 9 WR's gone in the 2nd round so far.

To me, a WR wouldn't have been horrible, considering we would have had our pick of the best WR on the board (that the Giants had highest rated). But I guess you could say that about safety as well and we filled a need. Still, I would like the Giants to draft a big WR target for Eli in this round, but I'm not sure there are any left who are worth a 2nd round pick! 9 WR's gone in the 2nd round so far.

If Dan Conner is still there when the Giants pick they have to get him.

If Dan Conner is still there when the Giants pick they have to get him.

Considering he was the #1 pick on mocks for the first half of draft season if they got him in round 2 the draftniks would look even more embarrassingly idiotic than usual.

Especially you Mel Kiper. Burn in hell. I know that hair will serve as great fodder.

Considering he was the #1 pick on mocks for the first half of draft season if they got him in round 2 the draftniks would look even more embarrassingly idiotic than usual.

Especially you Mel Kiper. Burn in hell. I know that hair will serve as great fodder.

1 more pick!!

Ya know what I like about our young corners we have? they all played at big time schools against big time competition. Webster at LSU, Ross at Texas and now Thomas from USC. I also believe all three won national titles. Well it does not matter since 2 won a SB but you get the point.

Guest StrahansGap
A little disappointed that they didn't go with Tyrell Johnson.

When in doubt, you pick the player from the better program. Miami has a better program than Arkansas St.. Which is also why I liked their second selection from USC.