SportsWrath

Mariano Rivera...still the best

MakeMeSomeFoodHo

No argument here. It's just too bad that geriatric group you guys send out there every night won't give him a chance to save any meaningful games before his career is over. :)

Sure, if you suck from the teat of ESPN.

No argument here. It's just too bad that geriatric group you guys send out there every night won't give him a chance to save any meaningful games before his career is over. :)

Only Pettite and Mussina are older. Unproven might be a better term for our staff.

But yes, THE SANDMAN ROCKS!!!

Only Pettite and Mussina are older. Unproven might be a better term for our staff.

But yes, THE SANDMAN ROCKS!!!

I was talking more about the team on the field- Giambi, Damon, Matsui, Abreu, Posada. The Yanks seem pretty reliant on the long ball to score runs, which is usually a recipe for disaster.

I was talking more about the team on the field- Giambi, Damon, Matsui, Abreu, Posada. The Yanks seem pretty reliant on the long ball to score runs, which is usually a recipe for disaster.

And OBP which is why they're such a scary team to face. Even if they're old, they take pitches and can mash mistakes. I was scared shitless when I heard that Rivera added a new pitch.

And OBP which is why they're such a scary team to face. Even if they're old, they take pitches and can mash mistakes. I was scared shitless when I heard that Rivera added a new pitch.

Yeah, I know I could regret this, but I have to say they don't scare me like they have in the past. They don't make anything happen on the basepaths. I know Cano hasn't started hitting yet, and ARod hasn't been driving the ball like he usually does, but they just seem to lack something offensively. Defensively they have a lot of liabilities, especially if Posada's health doesn't improve, but also at first (not really a position where defense is always so important, but it always seems to come back to bite the Yankees) and in the outfield corners.