SportsWrath

Mock Draft Consensus Data

BleedinBlue

Okay guys...I'm bored so I went through and looked at 55 different mock drafts to compile information on Excel in order to take a look at what the rest of the country thinks we're going to do. I only looked at round 1 because by the end of the second round it's a complete crap shoot as to who is left and what teams are doing. I also know this doesn't mean shit in the long run...it's just for Giants junkies who likes to try and get a jump on the draft. Enjoy if you like this kind of stuff.

Out of 55 Mocks:

- 15 of them have us picking Dan Conner - Linebacker (Penn St.)

- 4 of them have us taking Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie - CB (Tenn St.)

- 4 of them have us taking Reggie Smith - Hybrid CB/Safety (Okl)

- 3 of them have us taking Antoine Cason - CB (Az)

- 3 of them have us taking Aquib Talib - CB (Kansas)

- 2 of them have us taking Ali Highsmith - OLB (LSU)

- 2 of them have us taking Keith Rivers - OLB (USC)

- 2 of them have us taking Pat Sims - OT (Auburn)

- 1 each of:

Branden Albert - OG (Va)

Brandon Flowers - CB (VT)

Calais Campbell - DE (Miami)

Curtis Lofton - LB (Okl)

DaJuan Morgan - FS (NC St.)

Early Doucet - WR (LSU)

Jeff Otah - OT (Pitt)

Leodis McKelvin - CB (Troy)

Malcom Jenkins - CB (Ohio St)

Marcus Griffin - S (TX)

Mike Jenkins - CB (Aub)

Sam Baker - OT (USC)

Terrell Thomas - CB (USC)

Tony Hills - OT (TX)

Trevor Laws - DT (Notre Dame)

Xavier Adibi - OLB (VT)

Pick Traded to Atlanta for Hall - CB

------------------------------------------------------

In all, out of the 55 mock drafts, the most common position others believe the Giants are targeting is:

- 21 linebacker

- 19 cornerback (inc. 4 from hybrid CB/S Reggie Smith)

- 6 safety (inc. 4 from hybrid CB/S Reggie Smith)

- 5 offensive tackle

- 1 offensive guard

- 1 defensive end

- 1 defensive tackle

- 1 wide receiver

He comes from LBU and Paterno apparently loves the kid. He was the top LB in the nation and stepped up and filled in and some say even did a better job than Poz who went to the Bills last year. He is a ILB but has played OLB. If we drafted him I would be pysched.

He comes from LBU and Paterno apparently loves the kid. He was the top LB in the nation and stepped up and filled in and some say even did a better job than Poz who went to the Bills last year. He is a ILB but has played OLB. If we drafted him I would be pysched.

Isn't he an inside linebacker though?

Good work Bleedin, good idea. The one thing I think is important is Highsmith ruined his draft stock at the combine. He'll likely be a late second rounder imo.

Yup ILB but like I said he has played OLB.

Dan Connor

Height: 6-23/8 | Weight: 231 | 40-Time: 4.65

Official Bio

Strengths:

Above average athleticism...Reliable tackler...Will deliver the big hit...Physical and aggressive...Adequate timed speed...Has sideline-to-sideline range...Does a solid job in coverage...Smart with excellent awareness and instincts...Versatile...A hard worker and leader...Intense and competitive with a non-stop motor...Tough...Has a lot of experience against top competition...Productive...Great program pedigree.

Weaknesses:

A tad undersized and needs to bulk up...He will have to get stronger...Has trouble taking on blockers head-to-head...Isn't stout at the point...Lacks fluid hips to turn and run in man coverage....A little rigid and mechanical...Minor character concerns.

Notes:

The latest product of Linebacker U...Older brothers Jim (Boston College) and Mike (Lehigh) both played college football...Could project inside or outside at the next level...Was suspended for a few games in 2005 for making harassing phone calls to a former assistant coach..He may have been a little overhyped by the media...A weakside prospect who carries a pro grade similar to Paul Posluszny's a year ago.

Career Statistics

Year GP TKL TFL SACK PBU INT

2004 10 85 4.5 1.0 0 1

2005 9 76 5.5 1.5 8 0

2006 13 113 9.0 5.0 2 2

2007 13 145 15.0 6.5 6 1

Totals 45 419 34.0 14.0 16 4

Is that Conner kid decent? I know DRC impressed the hell out of everyone at the Combine. I'd be amazed if he falls to us.

Yeah....some of the mocks haven't been updated since just before the combine. His stock has risen, but on the other hand, others have risen as well....like Leodis McKelvin who was listed as a 2nd or 3rd rounder, but is now the top CB in most prospect ratings and many have him going in the top 10.

Regardless....there'll be very good players still on the board when the Giants go to pick. We're in a good position because we're pretty solid all the way around. When we drafted William Joseph....we absolutely had to get as good a DT as possible and the six who were better than him were already gone. When we went for Eli, the QB was our most important need.

Therefore, we can take a safety or corner, or a linebacker, or an OT or DT, or even a WR in the first because there's not the glaring hole to fill as many times in the past. I expect the Giants to take the best player available that can play one of a half dozen position needs. And you never know...DRC might just be on the board at that time.

What would really be tough is if Conner, DRC, McKelvin, and Kenny Phillips were still on the board when the Giants go on the clock. But that would be a great position to be in.

• 4 weeks later...

With Kiwi coming back next yr, Id like to see us go secondary first. Specifically safety, but a CB would be nice. I like this Leodis McKelvin kid, has great talent and decent speed. Pretty good cover skills, I think he will surprise people. Cason is a good choice too, one hell of an athelete, but his size is a question. His speed was, but he put that to rest with 4.48 I believe in the 40.

With Kiwi coming back next yr, Id like to see us go secondary first. Specifically safety, but a CB would be nice. I like this Leodis McKelvin kid, has great talent and decent speed. Pretty good cover skills, I think he will surprise people. Cason is a good choice too, one hell of an athelete, but his size is a question. His speed was, but he put that to rest with 4.48 I believe in the 40.

Two months ago, Leodis McKelvin and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie were listed as 2nd rounders and possibly later picks. But since then, both have worked their way up the charts to be at the top of their positions and will probably be gone in the top 10 or 15 picks. So there is no way McKelvin will be around.

There's a good chance Cason will still be available and it wouldn't surprise me a bit if the Giants grabbed him up. It also wouldn't surprise me a whole lot of they grabbed Kenny Phillips or Jerod Mayo in the first round.

Regardless....I think the Giants will simply go for the best available player left on the board....unless it's a quarterback. And the staff relies heavily on input from their coaches and scouts and pretty much ignore magazine ratings.....so who knows what they'll do?

None of them think Kenny Phillips will fall to us...?

Yeah...that's kinda surprising. Although this thread was originally started almost a month ago - before combines, pro-days, and wonderlic tests - and so much changes in rankings in the last few weeks before the draft. I think originally, he was in the top 10 and everyone must've figured he would never be there at the 31st pick.