SportsWrath

So Who's Gonna Save Baseball?

Virginia Giant

Everytime baseball is perceived to be in trouble; black soc, work stoppage, gambling etc, there is always someone who supposedly saves baseball.

Babe saved it from the Black Sox.

Cal's streak and Mark and Sammy's home runs saved it from the strike.

So who will save it this time? I would say Arod is near the top of the list, but he being the highest paid player in the league always turns fans off, and there is a little doubt about how clean he is.

It will have to be someone that nobody would believe used roids or hgh, someone who isn't a loud mouth, loved by the hometown fans, someone with a personality that can capture the heart of America.

Basically, it would have to be a young Griffy Jr.

doesn't need saving, i think the best solution is for all the 'baseball experts' in the media turn their focus back on the game instead of the roids, as it's quite clear that the majority of the fans don't care about PEDs. we can start wtih the ny daily news--who apparently fancies itself as the steroids police

doesn't need saving, i think the best solution is for all the 'baseball experts' in the media turn their focus back on the game instead of the roids, as it's quite clear that the majority of the fans don't care about PEDs. we can start wtih the ny daily news--who apparently fancies itself as the steroids police

woah- i thought that was the SF Chronicle and Mark Fainaru-Wada

woah- i thought that was the SF Chronicle and Mark Fainaru-Wada

they do too. but the daily news spends tons of paper space on this stuff and they visibally get annoyed when they aren't credited to their satisfaction for the steroid related stories they break. they had this dude tj quinn--completely unknown for years--they made him a Steroids investigative reporter and he turned it into a job at espn. lupica doesn't shut up about clemens, bonds, etc---well when he's not talking about politics

they do too. but the daily news spends tons of paper space on this stuff and they visibally get annoyed when they aren't credited to their satisfaction for the steroid related stories they break. they had this dude tj quinn--completely unknown for years--they made him a Steroids investigative reporter and he turned it into a job at espn. lupica doesn't shut up about clemens, bonds, etc---well when he's not talking about politics

that's funny- i saw fainaru-wada being interviewed and introduced as "ESPN reporter" as well.

yeah, those two actually collaborated on some daily news steroids articles before quinn left. it's really weak that these guys made careers out of an issue that only 10% of fans (and the number decreases everytime one of their teams players gets exposed) and the media care about

yeah, those two actually collaborated on some daily news steroids articles before quinn left. it's really weak that these guys made careers out of an issue that only 10% of fans (and the number decreases everytime one of their teams players gets exposed) and the media care about

agreed- balco was news but it was 4 years ago already.

It will have to be someone that nobody would believe used roids or hgh, someone who isn't a loud mouth, loved by the hometown fans, someone with a personality that can capture the heart of America.

Basically, it would have to be a young Griffy Jr.

Ryan Howard...I don't know of anyone who thinks he's juiced, he's been a fatty and a home run hitter all of his life. He's not all full of himself, and he's definately got the personality that draws people in. He's always got that goofy grin on his face.

I think some of you guys hit on it when you mentioned the young guys. I don't know if it's my imagination, but there seems to be a huge influx of young talent these past two years, whether because of the rising free agent salaries or more confidence in the rookies. As all these older "questionable" players phase out, the youth movement will continue. Look at the young stars who have already proven themselves: Wright, Reyes, Ramirez, Braun, Tulowitzki, Fielder, Howard, etc. Granted those are all sluggers, there are also fireballers like Phil Hughes, Clay Buchholz, Verlander, Liriano, Lincecum, etc. This sport doesn't need to do anything other than hope for success from its young, homegrown prospects.