SportsWrath

Patriots did beat Giants in Super Bowl

enjaygee

http://canadianpress.google.com/article/AL...UV7gCdqxUnjEfZQ

MANAGUA, Nicaragua - The New England Patriots won the Super Bowl and ended the season with a perfect 19-0 record - at least it looks that way in Nicaragua.

The NFL donated 290 Patriots hats and an equal number of team jerseys trumpeting the slogans "Super Bowl Champions, 19-0" to impoverished children from two small communities in southern Nicaragua.

Thursday's gifts could not change history - the Patriots lost the Feb. 3 game to the New York Giants 17-14 - but they made a lot of youngsters in the communities of San Gregorio and Buena Vista very happy, said Miriam Diaz, spokeswoman for the humanitarian organization World Vision, which arranged the donation with the NFL.

"They (Patriots) lost, but the children won," Diaz said.

The only "football" most of the children know is soccer, but they were very enthusiastic about the U.S. version of the game once the rules were explained to them, she said.

"They were very happy to receive the hats and jerseys," Diaz said. "They said they did not expect such a surprise."

Neither did the Patriots.

MANAGUA, Nicaragua - The New England Patriots won the Super Bowl and ended the season with a perfect 19-0 record - at least it looks that way in Nicaragua.

The NFL donated 290 Patriots hats and an equal number of team jerseys trumpeting the slogans "Super Bowl Champions, 19-0" to impoverished children from two small communities in southern Nicaragua.

Thursday's gifts could not change history - the Patriots lost the Feb. 3 game to the New York Giants 17-14 - but they made a lot of youngsters in the communities of San Gregorio and Buena Vista very happy, said Miriam Diaz, spokeswoman for the humanitarian organization World Vision, which arranged the donation with the NFL.

The only "football" most of the children know is soccer, but they were very enthusiastic about the U.S. version of the game once the rules were explained to them, she said.

"They were very happy to receive the hats and jerseys," Diaz said. "They said they did not expect such a surprise."

:rock:

Seriously, how much do 290 t-shirts and hats REALLY cost? Wow they made so many children happy by giving away crap? I bought 2 of those Giants Championship t-shirts so far and they're made of cheap-ass fabric.

Seriously, how much do 290 t-shirts and hats REALLY cost? Wow they made so many children happy by giving away crap? I bought 2 of those Giants Championship t-shirts so far and they're made of cheap-ass fabric.

The point is the NFL gives that stuff to poor nations. It made the kids happy because they get new cloths they would never be able to afford.

The point is the NFL gives that stuff to poor nations. It made the kids happy because they get new cloths they would never be able to afford.

Yes I understand that part of it.. but if you think about, the 290 t-shirts and hats cost probably less than $3,000.. and that's being generous.. hey about actually giving stuff to those children.. period... not just t-shirts no one in the US will wear.

Yes I understand that part of it.. but if you think about, the 290 t-shirts and hats cost probably less than $3,000.. and that's being generous.. hey about actually giving stuff to those children.. period... not just t-shirts no one in the US will wear.

I'm afraid I don't follow.

Actually much less than that, probably cost the NFL $72.50 for the shirts (if anything at all). I think Nas' point is that it's a hollow gesture but I am sure the NFL makes other contributions also.

Actually much less than that, probably cost the NFL $72.50 for the shirts (if anything at all). I think Nas' point is that it's a hollow gesture but I am sure the NFL makes other contributions also.

Oh I see, well as for being a hallow gesture, it's either give them away to people in a poor nation, or throw them away. The NFL doesn't make them for the kids, but its nice they do something good with the stuff they can't use.

Oh, and the NFL I am pretty sure makes the largest contributions to the United Way, and it requires every one of it's players to contribute to some charity. Thats a big reason you see so many of the stars with their own charity's.

Oh I see, well as for being a hallow gesture, it's either give them away to people in a poor nation, or throw them away. The NFL doesn't make them for the kids, but its nice they do something good with the stuff they can't use.

Oh, and the NFL I am pretty sure makes the largest contributions to the United Way, and it requires every one of it's players to contribute to some charity. Thats a big reason you see so many of the stars with their own charity's.

But these children are taught the wrong history... an atrocity.