SportsWrath

The Only BAD Thing About the Giants Winning the Super Bowl is......

Guest StrahansGap

No.

OK, then I will watch the SB again, and try really hard to find this lob that went over Burress head....cause I dont remember it. <_<

Oh, and ahead of time, sorry for being so stupid and not memorizing EVERY play. I only remember a lob that went over Plax's head against GB that he almost caught and coulda been gone for 6, but he jumbled it and it went out of boumds. Sorry for the mixup. :rolleyes:

no, manning was scrambling to the left side to escape the rush. he got out in the flat where he could get a first down if the pat guy covering plax didn't come forward to get eli. when he came up, plax moved downfield. It seemed to me that eli that he was heading down the field so he threw it to hit him about 10 yards further down. Plax, though, stopped and stood there to wait for the obvious lob that would come after his man broke coverage. There was a pat guy 30 or 40 yards further downfield, but plax could likely have scored or at least made a big gain.

I think they just weren't on the same page.

this play happened when the score was 10-7 at the beginning of 4th quarter, I think around 10 minutes to go. I remember feeling that it was probably enough to ensure a win if we scored then.

OK, then I will watch the SB again, and try really hard to find this lob that went over Burress head....cause I dont remember it. <_<

Oh, and ahead of time, sorry for being so stupid and not memorizing EVERY play. I only remember a lob that went over Plax's head against GB that he almost caught and coulda been gone for 6, but he jumbled it and it went out of boumds. Sorry for the mixup. :rolleyes:

There was a play on the possession before the final TD drive in which Manning scrambled out of trouble to his left, threw one to a wide open Burress but it sailed over his head. Burress made a diving attempt but wasn't even close.

Watching this game over and over, it appeared to me that Burress starting coming back toward Eli just as Eli was throwing the ball, and Eli threw it to where he thought Burress would be if he had kept running downfield.

There was a play on the possession before the final TD drive in which Manning scrambled out of trouble to his left, threw one to a wide open Burress but it sailed over his head. Burress made a diving attempt but wasn't even close.

Watching this game over and over, it appeared to me that Burress starting coming back toward Eli just as Eli was throwing the ball, and Eli threw it to where he thought Burress would be if he had kept running downfield.

that's the one rphguy mentioned right on top of you. ^ eli clearly overthrew it and i think he said that as well..

no, manning was scrambling to the left side to escape the rush. he got out in the flat where he could get a first down if the pat guy covering plax didn't come forward to get eli. when he came up, plax moved downfield. It seemed to me that eli that he was heading down the field so he threw it to hit him about 10 yards further down. Plax, though, stopped and stood there to wait for the obvious lob that would come after his man broke coverage. There was a pat guy 30 or 40 yards further downfield, but plax could likely have scored or at least made a big gain.

I think they just weren't on the same page.

this play happened when the score was 10-7 at the beginning of 4th quarter, I think around 10 minutes to go. I remember feeling that it was probably enough to ensure a win if we scored then.

I thought he could have ran forever also, but I saw another angle of it and there is a saftey or LB coming over from the middle who probably would have limited the play to 15 yards. It would have kept that drive going though. Who knows maybe they would have scored or completely ran the clock out on that drive.

I think Plax stopped running also. Looked like Plax thought Eli would throw him a bullet, and Eli thought Plax would keep running for an in stride lob. Oh well. I just checked my new hoodie and we still won the game!! ;)