SportsWrath

Media Day Silliness

Lubeck

Unlike other players who bristled at one of the day's questioning themes -- who would play this guy or that guy in the movies? -- Strahan put some thought into the topic and made it enjoyable for all of us. Which was nice. Because until Strahan came along, watching this New York TV reporter ask the same question over and over was like watching a car crash in slow motion: You can see the disaster coming, but you're powerless to stop it.

This is how it went down with Strahan:

Question: Who would play you in a movie?

Answer: Let me see. It would have to be someone with a sense of humor, someone who's also ...

Question: Forest Whitaker?

Answer: Forest Whitaker? Come on, man. Come on. Dang.

Question: Will Smith?

Answer: That's better. We'd have to bulk him up and put a gap in his front teeth, but Will Smith could get it done.

Question: Who'd play Eli Manning?

Answer: Tobey Maguire.

Question: Tom Brady?

Answer: Brad Pitt. He's got that floppy hair, so he'd need someone who had that floppy hair going on. Brad Pitt.

One of those silly women from TV Azteca mentioned elsewhere in this blog is carrying a new sign for the Giants' portion of the event. It reads, "Marry Me, Manning." She's walking around asking various Giants if she has a chance with Eli, and even asked linebacker Gerris Wilkinson, "I'm better than Manning's girlfriend, no?" I'm telling you, what passes for entertainment south of the border is staggering. ... A skinny TV reporter from Ireland asked 6-foot-6, 327-pound Giants tackle Kareem McKenzie to demonstrate his blocking technique. After McKenzie obliged, the skinny TV dweeb asked, "What are the odds of me getting past you?" McKenzie looked him up and down and said, "Not good."

This is going to anger some people, but the truth is always a defense, and the truth is, the NFL needs to revoke the credentials of TV Azteca and a handful of other South American-based media sites that have helped turn Media Day into a joke.

Then again, I like a good joke.

TV Azteca is a laugh riot. One of their on-air personalities, a woman, is wearing less clothes than a sumo wrestler. Her body is better than a sumo wrestler's. You do the math.

Another TV Azteca reporter is dressed in a sexy wedding gown -- white veil, dress and stockings, with red shoes -- and holding a sign that reads, "The Real Miss Brady." Apparently she's not smart enough to know that the correct word is "Mrs." Yeesh.

Two Spanish-speaking radio people are interviewing each other with puppets. And other media are watching this happen, with cameras rolling.

God, journalism sucks.

This whole blog is pretty funny. Gotta check out The Real Miss Brady, not bad. Alford was carrying her around.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10606798

Media day was crazy. I didnt make it to the stadium for it(obviously), but I went downtown for my SUPERFAN photo shoot, and downtown Phx was hoppin! All the media meets there and then rides to the stadium. I was at practice this morning when the team arrived. Tempe cops are so cool, they put up a fence RIGHT next to where the players were comin in. We didnt get to see to much of the beginning of practice, but we got to see the players and high five a couple of them walking into the facility. I saw Charles Way, Gibril Wilson, Osi, and Hedgecock. It was great. I'll be at practice tomorrow, Fri and Sat before I head to the stadium area for the festivities.

Media day was crazy. I didnt make it to the stadium for it(obviously), but I went downtown for my SUPERFAN photo shoot, and downtown Phx was hoppin! All the media meets there and then rides to the stadium. I was at practice this morning when the team arrived. Tempe cops are so cool, they put up a fence RIGHT next to where the players were comin in. We didnt get to see to much of the beginning of practice, but we got to see the players and high five a couple of them walking into the facility. I saw Charles Way, Gibril Wilson, Osi, and Hedgecock. It was great. I'll be at practice tomorrow, Fri and Sat before I head to the stadium area for the festivities.

the dog wonders if you will be washing your hand anytime soon...

how was superfan? did you dress in a cape?

the dog wonders if you will be washing your hand anytime soon...

how was superfan? did you dress in a cape?

No. I couldnt find a cape, it would have been a nice addition to what I wore. It went great, got tix to the NFL Experience.

Osi's the one I would want to hang with in this edition of the Giants....where he goes the Chief brings a tribe of women. I would try to catch some of his overflow. :blush:

YEah, he seems like a babe magnet. Too bad you cant get too close. The security is crazy. Im hoping to get close enough eventually to get an autograph.