SportsWrath

One of the Greatest Stories Ever Concerning the Giants

BleedinBlue

I read this story the other day and had no idea this was going on. Forgive me if it's already been touched on in this section of the blog, but even if it has been brought up....it's definitely worth revisiting.

Lt. Col. Greg Gadson is the co-captain of the NY Giants. He's an ex-football player, a huge Giants fan, and a US soldier who lost both his legs in Iraq. He was asked to speak to the Giants after they were 0-2. Since then, the team has turned around and he's been with them all the way....including sitting on the sidelines in a wheelchair in 0 degree weather at Lambeau. Anyway.....this article tells the story far better than I can.

If you haven't heard the story, I demand that you read this one!

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football..._is_giants.html

I read this story the other day and had no idea this was going on. Forgive me if it's already been touched on in this section of the blog, but even if it has been brought up....it's definitely worth revisiting.

Lt. Col. Greg Gadson is the co-captain of the NY Giants. He's an ex-football player, a huge Giants fan, and a US soldier who lost both his legs in Iraq. He was asked to speak to the Giants after they were 0-2. Since then, the team has turned around and he's been with them all the way....including sitting on the sidelines in a wheelchair in 0 degree weather at Lambeau. Anyway.....this article tells the story far better than I can.

If you haven't heard the story, I demand that you read this one!

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football..._is_giants.html

I saw that picture of him at Lambeau but Had no Idea Who it was. seems I can't find that pic again though

I remember back when Plax ran over and gave him his TD ball. The press wrote about it then but I didin't know he's been with them the whole time.

Now that you mention it, I remember that too, but didn't put two and two together until you brought it up. Thanks for pointing it out

How can anyone NOT love the Giants? This is a very special team

Wow, what a great, inspirational read.

It's so easy to forget that there's 160K soldiers out there every single fucking day in Iraq, putting their lives on the line and giving up so many of their personal freedoms so that we can have all of ours. Whatever you think of the war, it's impossible to do anything but admire the men and women of our armed forces.

Great story.