SportsWrath

Building the New York Giants Forum

Money

Like many who have already stated this, I too miss the OLD Giants board where people came to talk football. Nobody's agenda was to simply rip on another poster although well played sarcasm was appreciated. I'd love nothing more than to see this site resemble that old board where solid football banter was the rule not the exception.

Unfortunately there is no way to effectively control spammers, trolls and general malcontents. Whether previous idiots from Giants.com make their way here or new one's come along, negative influences will unfortunately be a reality. I'd like to challenge our insightful posters to remember that the best response to these mental midgets is not to give one. I know that if my motivation was to rile people up by making grossly irrational statements I wouldn't find much entertainment if nobody took the bait. Place these clowns on your ignore list or make a concerted effort not to respond. It doesn't matter if they're starting a thread or responding to yours. If you don't give them anything to to work with they'll eventually move on.

Go Giants!

Great post money

about getting posters

"if you build it they will come"

;)

but really you might have gotten those posters over here but we now have to keep them here im sure many of you have joined a mb and just stayed there for a day we have to make them into regs here

• 2 weeks later...

I must say that SW has definately picked up in the past few months and has become a much more interesting board. I have been a member under this name at the GMB since early 04 and remember many of you posters here. After a long hiatus I came back under a similar name and soon found out about this site. Then,I remember when I first joined here and would be the only memeber on at times. I stopped visiting this site for a month or so and came back to find much more traffic. Now I probably go here more than the GMB because there are better posters and less garbage from 14 year old kids who know nothing about football and just rant about signing ever FA available. I may not be the "best" poster but I do not try to antagonize others and respect others' opinions. This board has definately become a much better board than the GMB and I intend to post here much more. Sorry if this post was pointless lol Cheers!

Edited by CharlesShowMeTheWay

Thanx $ ! I have bleedin' BLUE as long as I can remember. I my self would be at a loss without informative bords like GMB and now this one. I belive if there were more truely knowlagable fans to keep the posts up here, this could be an exelent place to discuss the greatest Orginazation on the planet! :TU:

I relly on these boards to stay posted on current events. I don't have time to surf the web for info. or to just have a discussion seeing how work aprox. 70-75 hrs. a week. So I cherrish good sites and love being around true fans.

Now thanx again and keep em' comming!!!!!!! :TU: :worshippy:

As many of you, I am dislike many of the members here at Sportswrath.com in that I was not a major figure on Giants.com's Current Events board. When that board was deleted, I made a long thread criticizing the Moderator's decision. Within a few days, my thread was erased and my account was mysteriously disabled. Nonetheless, I visit this forum primarily for football discussion and very little else, which seprates me from the majority of the members here. As such, I want to develop this Giants-specific forum into an excellent place for posters who want to talk about the Giants and possibly even the rest of the NFL.

I cannot do this alone, and I need the help of all posters here. The best way to successfully build a forum is to attract quality posters, and it should be our collective goal to identify and recruit knowledgeable posters that we find on alternate sites. The only exception to this is BBI, where the best members there tend to be very dedicated to that particular site ... message board monogamous, if you will. The bottom line is that if this particular forum is to grow, it has to add new members who can consistently contribute in a positive fashion. BBI just is not a worthwhile resource.

In order to recruit people, I recommend using PM's on other message board. Administrators tend to frown upon people who promote their own site, so private contact is the way to go. Do your best to inform people that Sportswrath is a growing site with a lot to offer in terms of football and non-football content.

This brings me to my final point, and it applies specifically to new members: please be patient. Right now, our Giants board looks empty and uninteresting. Understand that this website was established only a few days ago, and that we are doing whatever is necessary to make this board the best it can be as soon as possible. As a new member, you have an opportunity to be apart of the solution, and both the members here and myself would greatly appreciate it if you embrace this opportunity. Participate in discussions, present your ideas, say things for shock value, and invite some of you buddies from other sites. I promise, it will absolutely be worth it.

Right now, Sportswrath is mainly a Current Events site, but I know that it can be a lot more. I know that it has the building blocks (great football minds, unique personalities, dedicated Mods) to be a tremendous Football site as well. I encourage all posters here, new and old, to do their best in helping this board realize its potential and achieve our shared goals.

There are certain members here who get a kick out of trolling the board and provoking other posters. Unfortunately, there is little the Administrators here can do to effectively get rid of them, because there are ways around suspensions and IP bans.

So here is the best way to deal with such trolls: ignore them. They make ridiculous posts in order to get under your skin ... they want you to respond. So don't play their game and don't give them the satisfaction of knowing that you are their puppet. Ignore them, and the board experience will be much, much better.

Finally, any inflammatory material authored by trolls or directed at trolls that are made with the intent to antagonize will be deleted on the spot. No exceptions.

Thanks,

- $

Agreed.

We need to put out an APB for Alien.

Like many who have already stated this, I too miss the OLD Giants board where people came to talk football. Nobody's agenda was to simply rip on another poster although well played sarcasm was appreciated. I'd love nothing more than to see this site resemble that old board where solid football banter was the rule not the exception.

Unfortunately there is no way to effectively control spammers, trolls and general malcontents. Whether previous idiots from Giants.com make their way here or new one's come along, negative influences will unfortunately be a reality. I'd like to challenge our insightful posters to remember that the best response to these mental midgets is not to give one. I know that if my motivation was to rile people up by making grossly irrational statements I wouldn't find much entertainment if nobody took the bait. Place these clowns on your ignore list or make a concerted effort not to respond. It doesn't matter if they're starting a thread or responding to yours. If you don't give them anything to to work with they'll eventually move on.

Go Giants!

How would you know the mentality of a clown unless you were one yourself?

Typical Icelander fan :LMAO:

• 2 weeks later...