SportsWrath

Okay, I'll admit it: I am VERY NERVOUS about this weekend

BadEgg

Favre has too much experience and too many weapons.

This is one Dallas fan that will sleep a lot easier Saturday night if the Sehawks can pull an upset. ;)

lol....You killed GB but barely got by us. Yeah, thats what youre scared of, right. :rolleyes:

you are absolutely right to be looking past the Giants. So what if your offense limped down the stretch as it did last year. So what if your team has not won a playoff game in over a decade. So what if you guys lose it might be the worst loss in franchise history. You actually have nothing to worry about. As Gregg Easterbrook correctly pointed out the home team in the divisional round almost never loses:

Home teams in the NFL divisional round are the surest thing in sports. Since the current playoff format was adopted in 1990, home teams in the divisional round are 53-15, a .779 winning figure.

you are absolutely right to be looking past the Giants. So what if your offense limped down the stretch as it did last year. So what if your team has not won a playoff game in over a decade. So what if you guys lose it might be the worst loss in franchise history. You actually have nothing to worry about. As Gregg Easterbrook correctly pointed out the home team in the divisional round almost never loses:

Home teams in the NFL divisional round are the surest thing in sports. Since the current playoff format was adopted in 1990, home teams in the divisional round are 53-15, a .779 winning figure.

The surest thing in sports aint lookin to sure. <_<

The surest thing in sports aint lookin to sure. <_<

but surely egg has nothing to worry about. With the Giants nearly a 1 in 5 longshot to compete in this game Dallas will breeze. Any other result would be a choke of MONUMENTAL PROPORTIONS. Even bigger than the big choke Romo had last year in the playoffs.

but surely egg has nothing to worry about. With the Giants nearly a 1 in 5 longshot to compete in this game Dallas will breeze. Any other result would be a choke of MONUMENTAL PROPORTIONS. Even bigger than the big choke Romo had last year in the playoffs.

Oh definatley. Im sure he's got his feet propped up somewhere with no worries. No way could his team lose this game. it would be a HUGE UPSET.

the reality of it is, in the Dog's opinion, that the Giants have more going for them then Dallas, and it would have to be a tad disheartening should they lose. For one, it is very difficult for a team to beat an opponent 3 times in a season...the Giants are better on the road then at home...the cowboys haven't played a meaningful game in several weeks...it appears that the media has shifted it's favor to the Giants, who everyone has jumped on the bandwagon with, while only wanting to discuss what is wrong in Dallas...the Giants are playing their best football, while Dallas has not...

this has all the makings of a game where everyone expects the upset...whether or not it is delivered is another story...bottom line is, Dallas is the better team, but the better team doesn't always win...

the reality of it is, in the Dog's opinion, that the Giants have more going for them then Dallas, and it would have to be a tad disheartening should they lose. For one, it is very difficult for a team to beat an opponent 3 times in a season...the Giants are better on the road then at home...the cowboys haven't played a meaningful game in several weeks...it appears that the media has shifted it's favor to the Giants, who everyone has jumped on the bandwagon with, while only wanting to discuss what is wrong in Dallas...the Giants are playing their best football, while Dallas has not...

this has all the makings of a game where everyone expects the upset...whether or not it is delivered is another story...bottom line is, Dallas is the better team, but the better team doesn't always win...

You see, that's my problem too. The Giants tend to win when they're underdogs. Thier "second half skid" these past few years also happens to coincide with the media proclaiming them to be the "best team in the NFC."

Now everyone is predicting us to win. THAT'S what scares me. :ph34r:

Hopefully BadLeg's hubris will be his undoing, perhaps he was also in Mexico running routes with Romo and Jess.

I would like nothing more than to beat Dallas this weekend, but I won't crow about it and talk shit.

They're a talented team and we'll have to outplay them for the first time in a season +. The good news is that we 're playing well and this is our superbowl...in large part.

Hopefully BadLeg's hubris will be his undoing, perhaps he was also in Mexico running routes with Romo and Jess.

I would like nothing more than to beat Dallas this weekend, but I won't crow about it and talk shit.

They're a talented team and we'll have to outplay them for the first time in a season +. The good news is that we 're playing well and this is our superbowl...in large part.

The Dog's pretty sure the Super Bowl is in February...any team playing at this point in the season, if they are not thinking Super Bowl only, then they shouldn't be there...there is no such thing as "this is our Super Bowl"...

I don't know, Dog. Dallas is not TB. I see a 37-24 type score.

But Greenbay? That will be an entirely different story. They will be troublesome. Probably the best team in the NFC.

this is our Super Bowl"

I respectfully disagree with you on this one Dog. Winning this game would be a huge step forward for us, not only in the playoffs but in beating a good team, which we haven't done much of as of late.

As such, winning is important. Going to the SB is an exception and exceptional. Nobody says we can't move forward but we can't look at each season as a zero sum scenario: you have to know what you are and keep striving, but we're only weeks out from having major inconsistencies.

I want us to win and think we can win, but I'm not immune to measuring us with another win as being very successful this season. We're still building and that's undeniable.

I will. :TU:

I respectfully disagree with you on this one Dog. Winning this game would be a huge step forward for us, not only in the playoffs but in beating a good team, which we haven't done much of as of late.

As such, winning is important. Going to the SB is an exception and exceptional. Nobody says we can't move forward but we can't look at each season as a zero sum scenario: you have to know what you are and keep striving, but we're only weeks out from having major inconsistencies.

I want us to win and think we can win, but I'm not immune to measuring us with another win as being very successful this season. We're still building and that's undeniable.

And the dog in turn respectfully disagrees with you here...when a team gets to this stage, not getting to the super bowl is a significant disappointment regardless of the season's record...the fact is, in todays NFL, teams rise and fall every year regardless of what occurred in the preceeding year...now when you get to this stage of the season, you better get in the big one, because the window of opportunity is very small these days...

I would like nothing more than to beat Dallas this weekend. They're a talented team and we'll have to outplay them for the first time in a season. The good news is that we 're playing well and this is our superbowl...in large part.

I'll have to disagree (from a fans point of view). This is not OUR SUPERBOWL. This is the playoffs. AND it happens to be a game vs an opponent we've faced twice. Revenge is what comes to mind as far as whoopin' some Cowboy ass....Superbowl is FAR from my mind. And I hope the Giants players DO NOT treat this as a "Superbowl".

Seriously, the Giants are sitting in a good spot right now.They have an opponent that's familiar (unlike the Seattle/Gbay game, unlike the Jags/Pats game) Dallas (lately) has either played the same and lately the Giants have improved. We will see what happens. But the comment "This is our Superbowl" is a little much IMO.