SportsWrath

Gibbs gone

Gspotter

Yeah....some guys hang it up on top and lose the fire in the belly. Once quenched its not so easy to start up again in a new era. It was similar to Chuck Knoll overstaying his welcome in Pittsburgh. The game passes you by...and you have to be cognizant of it and not give into the ego of thinking your master of time as opposed to time being the master of us all. Even the Prostitute is only trying to be a GM down in Florida.

Not surprising at all. Once he got into NASCAR he became hooked. Trying to live a dream isn't easy....it's impossible to live two dreams. I think he wanted to spend more time in autoracing now that he's had a taste.

His grandson has leukemia, I think that is the real reason not race cars.

Yeah....some guys hang it up on top and lose the fire in the belly. Once quenched its not so easy to start up again in a new era. It was similar to Chuck Knoll overstaying his welcome in Pittsburgh. The game passes you by...and you have to be cognizant of it and not give into the ego of thinking your master of time as opposed to time being the master of us all. Even the Prostitute is only trying to be a GM down in Florida.

I don't know why people give Gibbs such a hard time. He coached a franchise that constantly underachievers and made the playoffs twice and won one (if my memory is right). Not that bad for a 4 year stint.

I don't know why people give Gibbs such a hard time. He coached a franchise that constantly underachievers and made the playoffs twice and won one (if my memory is right). Not that bad for a 4 year stint.

Nah my beef is that I wanted him to go out on top. Like an old boxing champ who can never retire. But then again its his life to live not mine or anyone else's.

barely squeeked into the playoffs on two occasions as the #6 seed. He had a losing record overall in those 4 years and his teams where marked by inconsistency in each of the 4 seasons. Of course part of that is due to the fact that they have not had a decent quaterback in ages and that dope Snyder thinks it is imperative to turn over half his roster every year.

It's been a hard season for any coach, no less an aging one.

More than that though, he may also be influenced the diagnosis of his grandson's leukemia last year.

I think it's just a little too much for Joe.

In any event, he's put them in good shape, except for QB and now it's back to Snyder to figure this thing out, but Gibbs will be an advisor.