SportsWrath

Eli played well.....

Virginia Giant

He had a few bad passes, but he still bought time, found open guys, anbd played well in general. The one play to plax where it was overthrown would have been caught by a healthy Plax. Plax got like 2 inches off the ground while the defender seemed to jump 3 feet in the air.

Overall, Eli played very well. I liked the fact there was 1 or 2 designed rollouts, that seems to get Eli's attention and get him throwing more accurately. Hope to see more of it.

He played mistake-free football which right now is all we can ask of him. They need to get more passes to other players though because Plax isn't always going to be there.

I thought he did a good job of finding Toomer and Moss a few times. Would have liked to see Shockey involved more, cause he always get emotional for Eagles games, but he needs to get hit a few times. All in all, mistake free, moved around well in the pocket, ran for like 8 yards once, found open guys , found Plax. He did what a QB needs to do in todays NFL. Not lose the game.

Yah, he was great at those awful redzone passes to Shockey and Burress to the endzone. <_<

He gets a pass from you for his mediocre play because he didn't throw a pick or fumble? That's pathetic.

I thought he did a good job of finding Toomer and Moss a few times. Would have liked to see Shockey involved more, cause he always get emotional for Eagles games, but he needs to get hit a few times. All in all, mistake free, moved around well in the pocket, ran for like 8 yards once, found open guys , found Plax. He did what a QB needs to do in todays NFL. Not lose the game.

You seriously missed most of this game dude. He tried for Shockey numerous times, aside from an awful redzone pass where Shockey had position, Shockey dropped every other ball thrown to him(granted most were inaccurate passes that Shockey had to make adjustments on but they still hit him in the paws).

You seriously missed most of this game dude. He tried for Shockey numerous times, aside from an awful redzone pass where Shockey had position, Shockey dropped every other ball thrown to him(granted most were inaccurate passes that Shockey had to make adjustments on but they still hit him in the paws).

I just thought the first one was uncatchable, the rest could have been caught.

Especially the one that hit him in his left shoulder.

You seriously missed most of this game dude. He tried for Shockey numerous times, aside from an awful redzone pass where Shockey had position, Shockey dropped every other ball thrown to him.

I know, i'm a retard, you told me this before. Must be I'm just an idiot who only caught bits and pieces of the game, cause you're always right and see everything through the eyes of a coach. How dare I say something contradictory to what you believe.

Why do i even bother to watch the games? i could jyust wait for you to post what happened here, cause i know you'd give an unbiased opinion of how Eli played.

I just thought the first one was uncatchable, the rest could have been caught.

Especially the one that hit him in his left shoulder.

That one he at least had a defender in his face, I give Shockey a pass on that now that I think about it.

I know, i'm a retard, you told me this before. Must be I'm just an idiot who only caught bits and pieces of the game, cause you're always right and see everything through the eyes of a coach. How dare I say something contradictory to what you believe.

Why do i even bother to watch the games? i could jyust wait for you to post what happened here, cause i know you'd give an unbiased opinion of how Eli played.

Nevermind him, he didn't even play football, so his opinion means about as much as mine about ballet.

Eli played well and would've been over 60% completion if not for drops once again. Shockey was absolutely horrible today.

And if a ball hits you in the 'paws', it should've been a catch. Period.

Hahah, sorry if barely 50% accuracy and failure inside the red zone multiple times isn't good enough for me from my 54 million dollar quarterback. He's no field general. Plax bailed his ass out this game. He did do well not throwing the ball to the other team and avoiding the rush for the most part, though.

Nevermind him, he didn't even play football, so his opinion means about as much as mine about ballet.

Eli played well and would've been over 60% completion if not for drops once again. Shockey was absolutely horrible today.

And if a ball hits you in the 'paws', it should've been a catch. Period.

All I'm saying his not making mistakes is not good enough from Eli Manning. And how is that not true? We should have won by 21 points. And I did play football, botard. Not that that has anything to do with knowledge of what a 1st round, 54 million, franchise quarterback should be doing for our team.

I said Shockey played horrible but Eli sucks in the redzone, hence, Eli did NOT play well. Period. That's unacceptable. Every week we have to rely on getting the ball in the endzone through the run. Teams stack against the run now because Eli has horrible accuracy(in general but especially inside the 20). Burress was wide open on a little curl and had Eli waited a half second instead of throwing the ball 20 feet over his head he could have flung it in there.

And Virginia Giant seems to think it was Eli that won the game for us when the defense bailed him and Jacobs out because Eli can't put points on the board and Jacobs has Tiki fumbling problems. And supposedly, our defense missed so many tackles that we gave up 13 points. I'm sorry, that's totally flawed logic.

Hahah, sorry if barely 50% accuracy and failure inside the red zone multiple times isn't good enough for me from my 54 million dollar quarterback. He's no field general. Plax bailed his ass out this game. He did do well not throwing the ball to the other team and avoiding the rush for the most part, though.

Yep, Eli had nothing to do with those plays where Plax bailed him out. in fact, i read in the post that they were actually fumbles instead of passes, seems Eli thought it was basketball and just bounce passed them.

Know what gets me? i can understand criticism, but you guys are impossible to please. The guy goes out and plays exactly how all of you have been screaming for him to play all year, and you still don't want to give him the credit.

The same ones now licking Simms' ball sack were the same assholes demanding he be benched early in his career, well, those of you old enough to have been around then. No wondewr the majority of America hates NY fans, most of you are spoiled and impossible to please. most cicties would be celebrating a solid performance, and more importantly, a wimn. instead, you guys are bitching and moaning, like always.

But what do i know, i'm a retard, Coach Storm.

And Virginia Giant seems to think it was Eli that won the game for us when the defense bailed him and Jacobs out because Eli can't put points on the board and Jacobs has Tiki fumbling problems. And supposedly, our defense missed so many tackles that we gave up 13 points. I'm sorry, that's totally flawed logic.

First off, don't believe me? Re-watch the game. Count the missed tackles. Counth the number of attempted arm tackles that turned into extra yards/chances fior Mcnabb/Westbrook.

Secondly, if you're gonna try to catch me on something, be sure to read where i gave credit to the secondary for playing well, and not letting all those extra chances mcNabb got mean much.

When did I say anything about Jacobs?

Yep, Eli had nothing to do with those plays where Plax bailed him out. in fact, i read in the post that they were actually fumbles instead of passes, seems Eli thought it was basketball and just bounce passed them.

Know what gets me? i can understand criticism, but you guys are impossible to please. The guy goes out and plays exactly how all of you have been screaming for him to play all year, and you still don't want to give him the credit.

The same ones now licking Simms' ball sack were the same assholes demanding he be benched early in his career, well, those of you old enough to have been around then. No wondewr the majority of America hates NY fans, most of you are spoiled and impossible to please. most cicties would be celebrating a solid performance, and more importantly, a wimn. instead, you guys are bitching and moaning, like always.

But what do i know, i'm a retard, Coach Storm.

NO, dude. He isn't doing what we ask of him. You do realize he was the number 1 pick in the draft? Correct? He led his team to 16 points! How many times were they in the red zone? 4...? 5? I can't even remember now. Defenses normally don't hold a team to 13 points. We got lucky that the Eagles suck worse than us.

I am celebrating a win. With our defense. A banged up defense that held the Eagles to 6 points after they came out cold(not to mention holding them to a field goal after Jacobs gave them the ball at the 8). We have a completely healthy offense and they still can't get it done.

BTW, Eli still can't get away from Trent Cole. What's he got now, 4, 5 sacks on Eli?

First off, don't believe me? Re-watch the game. Count the missed tackles. Counth the number of attempted arm tackles that turned into extra yards/chances fior Mcnabb/Westbrook.

Secondly, if you're gonna try to catch me on something, be sure to read where i gave credit to the secondary for playing well, and not letting all those extra chances mcNabb got mean much.

When did I say anything about Jacobs?

You didn't you said Eli played well. Wrong. Eli played mediocre. Jacobs played horrible. The defense played well. And btw, a 2 yard sack is still a sack. So it really didnt matter when Mcnabb evaded(what he always has been able to do best) the rush and got tackled on the sidelines. It's the difference between minus 6 yards and minus 2. The pursuit was there all game.

And I remember the defense stopping the Eagles on 3 straight run plays and Pierce lighting up some dude right as the ball got there to seal a fourth down failure. I really wouldn't have been mad even if Akers had made that kick because of how many points we left on the field.

All I'm saying his not making mistakes is not good enough from Eli Manning. And how is that not true? We should have won by 21 points. And I did play football, botard. Not that that has anything to do with knowledge of what a 1st round, 54 million, franchise quarterback should be doing for our team.

I said Shockey played horrible but Eli sucks in the redzone, hence, Eli did NOT play well. Period. That's unacceptable. Every week we have to rely on getting the ball in the endzone through the run. Teams stack against the run now because Eli has horrible accuracy(in general but especially inside the 20). Burress was wide open on a little curl and had Eli waited a half second instead of throwing the ball 20 feet over his head he could have flung it in there.

Eli is actually better %-wise and qb rating in the redzone than anywhere else on the field. No mistakes is good enough for me and it's been good enough for many qb's to win the superbowl.

I forgot, you did play football, but you just sucked balls. Sorry. Forgot that.

Most of the time we're relying on the run to get the td because that's Gilbride's choice. Not that I always agree with it.

But it is the pass that gets us inside the 5 99% of the time. Can't fault Eli because we run the ball 2 out of 3 plays inside the 5.

Eli played just fine. You bitch about everything the kid does. If he had hung on to the ball longer and been sacked instead of throwing it away, you'd bitch.

NO, dude. He isn't doing what we ask of him. You do realize he was the number 1 pick in the draft? Correct? He led his team to 16 points! How many times were they in the red zone? 4...? 5? I can't even remember now. Defenses normally don't hold a team to 13 points. We got lucky that the Eagles suck worse than us.

I am celebrating a win. With our defense. A banged up defense that held the Eagles to 6 points after they came out cold(not to mention holding them to a field goal after Jacobs gave them the ball at the 8). We have a completely healthy offense and they still can't get it done.

BTW, Eli still can't get away from Trent Cole. What's he got now, 4, 5 sacks on Eli?

He was the #1 pick in the draft> You're kidding!? Holy shit, lets just have him knocked off and put, um, Lorenzen in.

9-4, and that awesome defense? Where were they the first drive? Aside from being owned by Philly? What i do know is Eli managed to lead the offense to 16 points, overcoming 2 jacobs fumbles. What i do know is that from the 2 yard line and 3 chances, you should be able to run the ball in, thats why most every team does that ya know, run on the goal line?

If you recognize Eli by his contract then you are going to be dissappointed for the next five years.

I don't see how what he earns has anything to do with how he plays for three hours. Let that go.

For what we overpay with Eli, we make up for with bargains like Snee, Diehl, Tuck, Robbins, Kawika, Gibril, Toomer, etc.

These things even out. Let it go.

Eli's completion percentage was closer to 50% then you'd like because he was able to avoid sacks. Would you prefer a 54% completion percentage with 1 or 2 sacks or 63% completion percentage with 4-5 sacks? Because that was the alternative.

Did Plax bail Eli out in the Lions game? How about the Bears game? Or any other game since Atlanta.

Seriously, this proves that you are looking for anything to show that Eli sucks. Cole got Eli untouched from the blind side for crying out loud.

You didn't you said Eli played well. Wrong. Eli played mediocre. Jacobs played horrible. The defense played well. And btw, a 2 yard sack is still a sack. So it really didnt matter when Mcnabb evaded(what he always has been able to do best) the rush and got tackled on the sidelines. It's the difference between minus 6 yards and minus 2. The pursuit was there all game.

And I remember the defense stopping the Eagles on 3 straight run plays and Pierce lighting up some dude right as the ball got there to seal a fourth down failure. I really wouldn't have been mad even if Akers had made that kick because of how many points we left on the field.

Myabe its time you look at the post i originiolly made, where I said those missed tackles will hurt us when we play better teams, like NE, Seattle, Dallas etc. You're thinking i'm saying the defense sucked, i'm not. Give Brady those extra chances and see if the D allows more or less than 13 points. give Rom those extra chances, oph, wait....

Eli is actually better %-wise and qb rating in the redzone than anywhere else on the field. No mistakes is good enough for me and it's been good enough for many qb's to win the superbowl.

I forgot, you did play football, but you just sucked balls. Sorry. Forgot that.

Most of the time we're relying on the run to get the td because that's Gilbride's choice. Not that I always agree with it.

But it is the pass that gets us inside the 5 99% of the time. Can't fault Eli because we run the ball 2 out of 3 plays inside the 5.

Eli played just fine. You bitch about everything the kid does. If he had hung on to the ball longer and been sacked instead of throwing it away, you'd bitch.

I was actually pretty good, but again, what does it really matter?

And btw, first down, run, stuffed

second down, pass, out of Shockey's reach, had position.

third down, pass, 10 feet over an open Burress.

If you recognize Eli by his contract then you are going to be dissappointed for the next five years.

I don't see how what he earns has anything to do with how he plays for three hours. Let that go.

For what we overpay with Eli, we make up for with bargains like Snee, Diehl, Tuck, Robbins, Kawika, Gibril, Toomer, etc.

These things even out. Let it go.

Eli's completion percentage was closer to 50% then you'd like because he was able to avoid sacks. Would you prefer a 54% completion percentage with 1 or 2 sacks or 63% completion percentage with 4-5 sacks? Because that was the alternative.

Did Plax bail Eli out in the Lions game? How about the Bears game? Or any other game since Atlanta.

Seriously, this proves that you are looking for anything to show that Eli sucks. Cole got Eli untouched from the blind side for crying out loud.

Uhh, because I'm looking at it from a business standpoint. He won't be resigned if he wants that much money and puts up 75% qb ratings every year. That's Kerry Collins numbers, dude. You don't get paid if you don't put up the numbers and we struggle to win despite you every game. 18 touchdowns, 17 interceptions. That's SUPER great. :blink::blink: