SportsWrath

Eli played well.....

Virginia Giant

You do make a good point however the eagles were in his face all day. Sometimes I wish he'd mimic his brothers velocity.

Thanks. And I really don't care what Gateb and VG have to say to defend him. I know I'm absolutely correct in my assessment. There's something wrong when our fans are saying our quarterback had a good game because he didn't throw a touchdown to the other team or fumble in our own red zone.

If 8-8, 8-8, first round ousting is what you call successful, you really need to reevaluate how you view football, doggie.

Because I know alot of us were calling for Coughlin's head after the past 2 years of "playoff football". (More like everyone else sucked worse than us so we got a pity play off bid).

I honestly can't think of a game other than the Packer's loss where the defense played absolutely horrible. And that was what, like the second game? Eli won the game for the Vikes. Couldn't do enough to be the Cowboys the first time and the entire team just sucked the second time. I have no problems with a unit that has 47 sacks, 20 some turnovers(12 or 13 int and 8 or 9 FR)...but hell our turnover differential sucks because Eli Manning throws the ball to the other team 20 times a season. But yah, he's a good QB.

We won the East in 2005 Kitty, 11-5 if memory serves me correctly.

So Dallas drops 45 on us yet didn't pklay bad?

Again, you turned this into the Eli vs D game. I said we tackled poorly today and all of a sudden I'm saying our D is horrible. If you think the D did a good job of tacklingtoday, then you really don't have a great deal of knowledge obout the game. But you give the D the benefit of the doubt because they missed those tackles against Westbrook and McNabb, but you refuse to give Eli any props even though he played well against a Philly D whose whole game is creating pressure and forcing turnovers.

regardless, I'm done arguing about it. I'll watch the D, or Eli, or Coughlin or the water boy lead us to the playoffs and i'll be happy about it. if being bitter and dissappointed in everything is what makes you happy, who the fuck an i to tell you you're wrong?

And if you consider him a 'good' quarterback because he "finds ways to win"...why can't I credit a defense that only gave up 13 points in some tough spots? Isn't that them finding ways to win? Isn't that the mark of a good defense? So maybe they bent but didn't break today. They played well. And the few missed tackles wouldn't have been the difference in the game. The points left on the field would have been. And I don't know what to tell YOU, if you can't see that.

Eli played well, and so did the defense. An 89 qb rating is good when coupled with a win. And 13 pts allowed is good when coupled with a win.

I've got 6-7 Texans fans down here still talking about making the playoffs, singing the praises of Ron Dayne, and here we are bitching once again about the 2nd consecutive win. 6 straight on the road.

What does it take to satisfy a NY fan?

Eli played well, and so did the defense. An 89 qb rating is good when coupled with a win. And 13 pts allowed is good when coupled with a win.

I've got 6-7 Texans fans down here still talking about making the playoffs, singing the praises of Ron Dayne, and here we are bitching once again about the 2nd consecutive win. 6 straight on the road.

What does it take to satisfy a NY fan?

Oh trust me, I love that we can eek out wins every week. But it should never come to that when we always have opportunities like we've had to put teams away. It's the difference between us and teams like the Patriots. They score touchdowns when they have the opportunity to score touchdowns.

Oh trust me, I love that we can eek out wins every week. But it should never come to that when we always have opportunities like we've had to put teams away. It's the difference between us and teams like the Patriots. They score touchdowns when they have the opportunity to score touchdowns.

Well tonight the opportunities we had to 'put it away' were foiled by fumbles. Not Eli's.

You're bitching about eli and you've got one play to pin it on?

We fucking won. Get over yourself and enjoy it.

We're not going anywhere in the post season, so enjoy the 9-4 season while you can.

Everyone did have us 3rd in the East at best.

Maybe the truth is that we're not a very good football team, yet. Maybe we're overachieving instead of underachieving.

Well tonight the opportunities we had to 'put it away' were foiled by fumbles. Not Eli's.

You're bitching about eli and you've got one play to pin it on?

We fucking won. Get over yourself and enjoy it.

We're not going anywhere in the post season, so enjoy the 9-4 season while you can.

Everyone did have us 3rd in the East at best.

Maybe the truth is that we're not a very good football team, yet. Maybe we're overachieving instead of underachieving.

Two poor passes to Shockey in the end zone. 1 poor pass to Burress in the end zone. 3.

And that was on two separate drives. Bye Bye 14 points. I've been complaining about Jacobs sucking, too. Dont you worry.

Two poor passes to Shockey in the end zone. 1 poor pass to Burress in the end zone. 3.

And that was on two separate drives. Bye Bye 14 points. I've been complaining about Jacobs sucking, too. Dont you worry.

One of the two to shock hit him in the hands. That means it was catchable. Shockey had a horrible game. He was a complete no show. Bitch about that.

Plax if healthy had another sure TD, when it looked like he just gave up on running and turned back to the two guys chasing him down. Bitch about that.

The only time we didn't put up points in the red zone was because of BJ's fumble. Bitch about that.

But Eli had a good game, whether you want to admit it or not. He did. Every qb has bad throws in a game, and if he only had 3 that's great considering none of them were picks and he was under pressure most of the game. (bitch about the oline).

Get over it and enjoy the w.

Damn Storm even I think the kid had a decent game and thats coming from me.

Sure he might not of had a 5td 450yd game but he played decent football, enough for us to put up a W. Sure I would like to see him be more accurate and consistent for us to get anywhere in the playoffs, but today he played misteak free football. The only one to turn the ball over today was BJ who should really watch some tape of Tiki in his later years.

Like I said the kid played a decent game, was it the best performance of his career no but it certainly wasn't the worst in his career. He didn't hurt the team at all today unlike most of his earlier games by putting the D on a short field or just scoring points for the other team.

I just hope the kid can continue this type of play for the next couple games.

One of the two to shock hit him in the hands. That means it was catchable. Shockey had a horrible game. He was a complete no show. Bitch about that.

Plax if healthy had another sure TD, when it looked like he just gave up on running and turned back to the two guys chasing him down. Bitch about that.

The only time we didn't put up points in the red zone was because of BJ's fumble. Bitch about that.

But Eli had a good game, whether you want to admit it or not. He did. Every qb has bad throws in a game, and if he only had 3 that's great considering none of them were picks and he was under pressure most of the game. (bitch about the oline).

Get over it and enjoy the w.

Where have you been? I bitched everyone who deserved it out in the game thread. I know Jacobs and Shockey both sucked. So did/does Manning. Mediocre is not the same as good.

Eli had a decent game, homie. And I admitted that multiple times. 54million divided by 5 seasons...so about 11 mil, right....divided by 16 games a season...that game netted him about 687,500. Not worth it. And that's not even considering what we had to give up to get him in the first place. And when you get right down to it, that's my beef.

So these will probably be close to his stats: 2500(maybe slightly more) yards, 54 percent completion rating, 20 touchdowns 20 interceptions, and 5-6 fumbles, with a QB rating in the mid 70s. This is a Kerry Collins type season. How much did we pay him? How many first round draft picks did we give up for him?

And yes, I know, we have a winning record. Whoopdedoo. We aren't gonna win in the playoffs, and everyone here knows and is admitting that. So because we have a solid team all around, and the NFC is weak, does not mean Eli Manning is the reason we win games. Like the logic isn't there.

But yah, you're right, I was surprised those 3, wide open, red zone, when we needed the points the most, throws weren't all picked off the red zone, too.

We are a team of field goals.

Damn Storm even I think the kid had a decent game and thats coming from me.

Sure he might not of had a 5td 450yd game but he played decent football, enough for us to put up a W. Sure I would like to see him be more accurate and consistent for us to get anywhere in the playoffs, but today he played misteak free football. The only one to turn the ball over today was BJ who should really watch some tape of Tiki in his later years.

Like I said the kid played a decent game, was it the best performance of his career no but it certainly wasn't the worst in his career. He didn't hurt the team at all today unlike most of his earlier games by putting the D on a short field or just scoring points for the other team.

I just hope the kid can continue this type of play for the next couple games.

See, that's my point!

We judge the kid based on whether or not he hurt the team! To me, that's not the sign of a good quarterback. I judge a QB based on whether or not he made the right throws, reads, and decisions at the right time...and those are often when QBs net points for their team. I can't accept him only getting the ball in the end zone once when he had 3 other opportunities and all he had to do was make a throw a high school QB can make. And this isn't the first time either! I think he's a horrible, horrible quarterback in the red zone. And as I always tell my friends I watch the games with, we'd better hope Eli hits Plaxico on a 40 yarder because once we get inside the 20, it's Lawrence Tynes to net us 3. And that's not how you should feel about your number 1 pick overall.

Storm, build a timew machine and stop EA from making that trade. Till you have that ability, quit whining about that trade because it ain't never gonna change. Eli is the qb, he played good yesterday, we won, end of story.

But I know its just you're among this new generation who would rather be in a bad mood thahn a good one, my brother is the same way. i get it.

No Storm you got me wrong there I don't expect the kid to hurt the team, or judge him on it in anyway. Heck the first what eight games he threw at least one pick in 7/8 of them but the thing is the kid played like I would like him to always play, consistent...or at least somewhat. See those picks never really hurt the team or the kid, after them he would just go right back onto the field and keep playing the game. The thing about the kid that gets me is that after 4 years in the league he isn't where I would like him to be, but thats a whole different topic all together. Do I expect this kid to take us deep into the playoffs? No, I don't think he plays or is up to the level of a QB who can win the playoffs. However he still is helping us get a W in the win column every now and then, that is when he isn't helping the other team win :P When the kid plays a decent game, I mean misteak free football like he did this past weekend it gets us a W, which is all the kid needs to do. Lets just hope he can keep it up and maybe even drop a pair so I can stop calling him kid.... :glare:

It was the SAME exact route I just saw Wes Welker run and Brady hit him spot on for 6. He ran in and sat, all it took was a good throw. You don't have to be wide open in the red zone and hardly ever will be.

Setting yourself up for more dissappointment. Eli isnt going to make Brady throws, get over it.

13 points.

You're crediting Eli for winning us the game. Again. I'm saying our defense won us this game.

13 points.

What don't you get?

Eli did his best not to score.

I'm not crediting Eli for the win, he was a large part of us winning, so was the D, so were the receivers. Quite assuming what i mean when i say something.

Eli did his best not to score? Um, nope, Jacobs tried giving it away. Droughnes let a safety (and I realize it was one of the best in the bizz) bring him down a few yards from the goalline. An offensive player, let alone a runningback, let alone a bigger running back, should always be able to score one on one vs a safety 5 yards from the endzone.

BTW, lets look at this weeks performance,.

Eli: 17-31 219 1 0

McNabb: 20-30 179 1 0

Big Ben: 19-32 187 1 0

Gerard: 20-36 230 2 0

The bottom 3 are among the best QB's in the league right? Better than Eli anyway right?

McNabb: 20-30 179 1 0

Big Ben: 19-32 187 1 0

Gerard: 20-36 230 2 0

The bottom 3 are among the best QB's in the league right? Better than Eli anyway right?

i'm not sold on gerard. he's got a windup like randy johnson with the bases empty.

Okay, so I haven’t been around here in a while, so let me re-introduce myself. Hi, I’m Outlaw. I love the NY Giants and when they made the trade for Eli Manning I was pissed. I had no use for another Manning who had great stats and no rings to back them up. I was of the mind that Mannings were nothing more than Marinos!

That said, this bitching about Eli is absolutely senseless. I have been watching the kid for four years and to me, the Giants have a VERY GOOD QB. No, he is not going to show you the glamour of Peyton or Brady, but so what? I want a QB who can win, not just show me fancy stats. If the fancy stats go along with the wins, great, if not keep the stats. Just do yourself a favor and ask Mario if he would have traded all his great stats for a Superbowl win.

Now, the question is, can Eli win us a Superbowl? ABSOLUTELY! With the right tools any QB can – just ask Jake Delhome. I think too many people have this thing about Eli has to win it the way they need to see it. I suppose a few weeks ago, Indy fans should have been calling for Peytons head when he threw 6 – count them SIX – picks in a game, or maybe Romo should have been run out of football when he botched the feildgoal snap last year…hum, that would have been really good for us.

Listen, I get what you are saying, but good God, give the kid a break once and a while. Hell, my neighbor – a stanch, born and breed, Eagles fan – sat on my couch yesterday and said we have a very good QB for years to come and that was without me saying anything about what the fans think. Hell, he wants McNabb gone and would give his left nut for Eli – his words, not mine. I just think some folks are just over critical and need to chill a little. But I know, if some of the guys around here are like on other boards, they will never let it go and I’m just pissing in the wind.

BTW, Hi ya Seph and VG. Miss seeing you guys around. Hope all is well. :)