SportsWrath

Eli played well.....

Virginia Giant

Uhh, because I'm looking at it from a business standpoint. He won't be resigned if he wants that much money and puts up 75% qb ratings every year. That's Kerry Collins numbers, dude.

oh, so its Eli's best interest you're worried about? you're worried about how much money he makes in the future? I think he'll be fine dude, I think he'll find a job with someone who wants a team that has a chance to make the playoffs.

2005 & 2006= tiki led the team to the playoffs

2007= the D has led the team to a chance to make the playoffs.

all 3 years there's been one QB, in a league where the QB is the most important playeron the team, i'd say Eli should get his share of the credit.

9-4, with a team that was supposed to be an "also ran".

Myabe its time you look at the post i originiolly made, where I said those missed tackles will hurt us when we play better teams, like NE, Seattle, Dallas etc. You're thinking i'm saying the defense sucked, i'm not. Give Brady those extra chances and see if the D allows more or less than 13 points. give Rom those extra chances, oph, wait....

Dude, those QBs aren't 6 2 240 and aren't known as scrambling quarterbacks. Brady is basically immobile and relies on their sick oline. And while Romo is slightly more mobile, he still isn't 240 and very good at escaping would be tacklers. And again, Brian Westbrook does that to every team. No offense, but you do realize that other teams have playmakers that are hard to bring down, too, correct?

Uhh, because I'm looking at it from a business standpoint. He won't be resigned if he wants that much money and puts up 75% qb ratings every year. That's Kerry Collins numbers, dude. You don't get paid if you don't put up the numbers and we struggle to win despite you every game. 18 touchdowns, 17 interceptions. That's SUPER great. :blink::blink:

It's not your money, so quit thinking from the business standpoint.

Let Mara and Reese think about the money Eli's getting, and you just critique Eli based on what he's doing. If Eli had a base of 3 million a year and had a 3 year deal would you have said he played well today?

Because it seems thats been your argument whenever numbers or facts have been presented that Eli actually had a pretty good game. The occasional case of a bad throw or two but that's why it wasn't a great game, it was a good game.

oh, so its Eli's best interest you're worried about? you're worried about how much money he makes in the future? I think he'll be fine dude, I think he'll find a job with someone who wants a team that has a chance to make the playoffs.

2005 & 2006= tiki led the team to the playoffs

2007= the D has led the team to a chance to make the playoffs.

all 3 years there's been one QB, in a league where the QB is the most important playeron the team, i'd say Eli should get his share of the credit.

9-4, with a team that was supposed to be an "also ran".

Well, do you at least agree our offense is mostly sub par? I mean, we haven't really beaten anyone. We have a very good front 7 and a serviceable, overachieving defensive backfield. We have good special teams, not explosive but good and able to bring down kick returners or avoid them all together. We have a decent oline that gets good push on the run but sometimes falls asleep during the pass rush.

I'm saying that we overpay for a quarterback that wont be with us in what...2 years if he continues to play mediocre season after season. It's his 4th year...don't you agree it's time that he puts up some numbers...? We don't win BECAUSE of him...though I do agree that he looks brilliant in the few come from behinders that he's pulled out...but we win with him. The Packers win because of Brett Favre. The Patriots win because of Tom Brady(they ran the ball about 4 times today). Those are quarterbacks that should be getting paid 54 million a year.

Dude, those QBs aren't 6 2 240 and aren't known as scrambling quarterbacks. Brady is basically immobile and relies on their sick oline. And while Romo is slightly more mobile, he still isn't 240 and very good at escaping would be tacklers. And again, Brian Westbrook does that to every team. No offense, but you do realize that other teams have playmakers that are hard to bring down, too, correct?

I'm saying mcnabb in 2007 is no more Moble than the average NFL QB. i'm saying Tom Brady, peyton Manning, Matt Hasslebeck all have the ability to escape a guy that has over ran the play by 5 yards and find someone open better than McNabb. We didn't just miss tackles in the backfield, we over ran the fucking play by 5 yards. I could have fucking side stepped those attempts.

Well, do you at least agree our offense is mostly sub par? I mean, we haven't really beaten anyone. We have a very good front 7 and a serviceable, overachieving defensive backfield. We have good special teams, not explosive but good and able to bring down kick returners or avoid them all together. We have a decent oline that gets good push on the run but sometimes falls asleep during the pass rush.

I'm saying that we overpay for a quarterback that wont be with us in what...2 years if he continues to play mediocre season after season. It's his 4th year...don't you agree it's time that he puts up some numbers...? We don't win BECAUSE of him...though I do agree that he looks brilliant in the few come from behinders that he's pulled out...but we win with him. The Packers win because of Brett Favre. The Patriots win because of Tom Brady(they ran the ball about 4 times today). Those are quarterbacks that should be getting paid 54 million a year.

54 million a year eh? Does Arod know he is no longer the highest paid athlete ever anymore?

It's not your money, so quit thinking from the business standpoint.

Let Mara and Reese think about the money Eli's getting, and you just critique Eli based on what he's doing. If Eli had a base of 3 million a year and had a 3 year deal would you have said he played well today?

Because it seems thats been your argument whenever numbers or facts have been presented that Eli actually had a pretty good game. The occasional case of a bad throw or two but that's why it wasn't a great game, it was a good game.

Dude, what are you not getting!? It doesn't flipping matter if it's my money. Imagine we sign a quarterback that puts up similar numbers as Eli at say....even 30 million. That's another 24 million we could use to shore up our oline, get a real free safety and a real cornerback(obviously, it doesn't work quite like that and the salary cap is confusing but you catch my drift). A good quarterback puts points on the board and games like this don't even come down to last second field goals.

He made good decisions today, I agreed, he didn't make mistakes(as in, throwing the ball directly to defenders and looking goofy as he's sacked and fumbling). But that's not good enough for me. He needs to not suck in the red zone. And btw, whoever told me his rating is the best in the red zone...well that's obvious, the occasional touchdown still causes your rating to sore. So even out of 5 trips he gets 1 TD pass...say he attempted 5 passes, 1 per drive and all the other ones were incomplete or short of the endzone(normally short of the endzone)....he's still gonna have a decent rating. It's not like he's dropping touchdowns all over the field, so his rating IS gonna be worse from the rest of the field.

I'm saying mcnabb in 2007 is no more Moble than the average NFL QB. i'm saying Tom Brady, peyton Manning, Matt Hasslebeck all have the ability to escape a guy that has over ran the play by 5 yards and find someone open better than McNabb. We didn't just miss tackles in the backfield, we over ran the fucking play by 5 yards. I could have fucking side stepped those attempts.

54 million a year eh? Does Arod know he is no longer the highest paid athlete ever anymore?

Dude, you know what I meant... :(

That's because the last time you saw him HE WAS INJURED. A healthy Mcnabb is still a dangerous Mcnabb.

Dude, what are you not getting!? It doesn't flipping matter if it's my money. Imagine we sign a quarterback that puts up similar numbers as Eli at say....even 30 million. That's another 24 million we could use to shore up our oline, get a real free safety and a real cornerback. A good quarterback puts points on the board and games like this don't even come down to last second field goals.

He made good decisions today, I agreed, he didn't make mistakes(as in, throwing the ball directly to defenders and looking goofy as he's sacked and fumbling). But that's not good enough for me. He needs to not suck in the red zone. And btw, whoever told me his rating is the best in the red zone...well that's obvious, the occasional touchdown still causes your rating to sore. So even out of 5 trips he gets 1 TD pass...say he attempted 5 passes, 1 per drive and all the other ones were incomplete or short of the endzone(normally short of the endzone)....he's still gonna have a decent rating. It's not like he's dropping touchdowns all over the field, so his rating IS gonna be worse from the rest of the field.

I get the vibe Eli isn't earning every dollar of that 54 million he signed for. Some of that is incentive based, Pro Bowls, Super Bowls, etc. Obviously those haven't been reached yet. So it's not nearly the mugging your making it out to be.

A good quarterback finds ways to win. A great QB does what you said in the last sentence of your first paragraph. It's obvious Eli isn't great so that's fine.

I get the vibe Eli isn't earning every dollar of that 54 million he signed for. Some of that is incentive based, Pro Bowls, Super Bowls, etc. Obviously those haven't been reached yet. So it's not nearly the mugging your making it out to be.

A good quarterback finds ways to win. A great QB does what you said in the last sentence of your first paragraph. It's obvious Eli isn't great so that's fine.

See, I look at it more like, "good defenses find ways to win". Mediocre QBs find ways to not screw up and barely put up 16 points. Good QBs find ways to win...Great QBs throw 45 TD passes. More than double Eli Manning.

and barely put up 16 points.

In bad weather on the road in December agianst a defense that held Tom Brady and the Pats to 24 points.

After watching Eli play the last month, what did you expect today? 3 TDs and 280 yards? You're setting yourself up for dissappointment every time Eli plays. Just accept what he is. A decent QB who needs help around him to make him look like a better QB than he is.

See, I look at it more like, "good defenses find ways to win". Mediocre QBs find ways to not screw up and barely put up 16 points. Good QBs find ways to win...Great QBs throw 45 TD passes. More than double Eli Manning.

Wrong, elite QB's throw 45 touchdowns, good qb's throw 25. 45 touchdown has only been done 3 times now. marino, Peyton, Brady.

25-30 is good.

In bad weather on the road in December agianst a defense that held Tom Brady and the Pats to 24 points.

After watching Eli play the last month, what did you expect today? 3 TDs and 280 yards? You're setting yourself up for dissappointment every time Eli plays. Just accept what he is. A decent QB who needs help around him to make him look like a better QB than he is.

Well, he'd have like 215 and 2 touchdowns if he could just throw a 5 yard pass to a wide open Shockey or a wide open Burress. Right? That's pretty damn good. And we wouldn't have had to rely on our banged up defense. And I see you changed him from good to decent...you're getting closer to mediocre.

Wrong, elite QB's throw 45 touchdowns, good qb's throw 25. 45 touchdown has only been done 3 times now. marino, Peyton, Brady.

25-30 is good.

So what's a QB with a 54% accuracy and as many interceptions as touchdowns? And 3(maybe more...?) that went the other way for 6.

Oh, that's Eli Manning.

There's poor-Cleo Lemmon

There's mediocre- Eli Manning

There's good- Matt Hasselbeck

There's great- Peyton Manning Tom Brady.

I'm using great as elite, doggy.

And you're sure you want to drop 54 million on him?

Well, he'd have like 215 and 2 touchdowns if he could just throw a 5 yard pass to a wide open Shockey or a wide open Burress. Right? That's pretty damn good. And we wouldn't have had to rely on our banged up defense. And I see you changed him from good to decent...you're getting closer to mediocre.

That final play to Burress in the red zone wasnt like he was wide open anyway. No one's saying he isn't missing throws, that's whats keeping him from being a great QB. Just like any other QB.

I don't really find much a difference between good and decent anyway...

So storm , I'm assuming the D gets a pass on Westbrooks awesome day because he "does that to everybody"? if so, you're just another Eli hater who will find a way to discredit him and give someone else the credit. You wanna another qb? I almost hope we get who you want, cause i have no doubt Eli would go on to have a great career whikle we all sit around thinking about what we had, but kept bitching about.

That final play to Burress in the red zone wasnt like he was wide open anyway. No one's saying he isn't missing throws, that's whats keeping him from being a great QB. Just like any other QB.

I don't really find much a difference between good and decent anyway...

It was the SAME exact route I just saw Wes Welker run and Brady hit him spot on for 6. He ran in and sat, all it took was a good throw. You don't have to be wide open in the red zone and hardly ever will be.

So storm , I'm assuming the D gets a pass on Westbrooks awesome day because he "does that to everybody"? if so, you're just another Eli hater who will find a way to discredit him and give someone else the credit. You wanna another qb? I almost hope we get who you want, cause i have no doubt Eli would go on to have a great career whikle we all sit around thinking about what we had, but kept bitching about.

Aside from the first drive, I really can't understand how you figure we let Westbrook tear us up anyway...I was just saying that in reference to your gripes about not being able to tackle him.

It really is a shame for Eagles fans that Andy Reid sucks. All he had to do to win that game was keep dishing the ball off to Westbrook and dink and dunk us the entire game and they really would have smoked us. He didn't. And the few second half touches Westbrook got, I honestly thought we handled well, aside from under 4 minutes in the 4th...we even caused him to fumble. Which led to Eli's only good throw in the red zone.

So what's a QB with a 54% accuracy and as many interceptions as touchdowns? And 3(maybe more...?) that went the other way for 6.

Oh, that's Eli Manning.

There's poor-Cleo Lemmon

There's mediocre- Eli Manning

There's good- Matt Hasselbeck

There's great- Peyton Manning Tom Brady.

I'm using great as elite, doggy.

And you're sure you want to drop 54 million on him?

Theres Poor - 1-16 )lemon)

There's Mediocre - 5-7 (brees)

There's good - 9-4 (Eli)

there's great - 10-2, 13-0.

But thats all on the defense, the most bestest tackling, hardest hitting, stuffiest run defense this side of 1986.

And yeah, $54 mill is a bargain for 3 straight playoff appearences. Guess we could get Brees next year, he should be well rested after all./

Aside from the first drive, I really can't understand how you figure we let Westbrook tear us up anyway...I was just saying that in reference to your gripes about not being able to tackle him.

It really is a shame for Eagles fans that Andy Reid sucks. All he had to do to win that game was keep dishing the ball off to Westbrook and dink and dunk us the entire game and they really would have smoked us. He didn't. And the few second half touches Westbrook got, I honestly thought we handled well, aside from under 4 minutes in the 4th...we even caused him to fumble. Which led to Eli's only good throw in the red zone.

The fact that you say that tells us all we need to know about how the d played. 20 carries, 116 yards, 36 yards receiving. But yeah, how bout that stellar awesome tackling D?

Theres Poor - 1-16 )lemon)

There's Mediocre - 5-7 (brees)

There's good - 9-4 (Eli)

there's great - 10-2, 13-0.

But thats all on the defense, the most bestest tackling, hardest hitting, stuffiest run defense this side of 1986.

And yeah, $54 mill is a bargain for 3 straight playoff appearences. Guess we could get Brees next year, he should be well rested after all./

If 8-8, 8-8, first round ousting is what you call successful, you really need to reevaluate how you view football, doggie.

Because I know alot of us were calling for Coughlin's head after the past 2 years of "playoff football". (More like everyone else sucked worse than us so we got a pity play off bid).

I honestly can't think of a game other than the Packer's loss where the defense played absolutely horrible. And that was what, like the second game? Eli won the game for the Vikes. Couldn't do enough to be the Cowboys the first time and the entire team just sucked the second time. I have no problems with a unit that has 47 sacks, 20 some turnovers(12 or 13 int and 8 or 9 FR)...but hell our turnover differential sucks because Eli Manning throws the ball to the other team 20 times a season. But yah, he's a good QB.

The fact that you say that tells us all we need to know about how the d played. 20 carries, 116 yards, 36 yards receiving. But yeah, how bout that stellar awesome tackling D?

Yah, and they didn't do it because the few times they tried, they got discouraged because we bottled him up. It's just like when Coughlin would stray from Tiki. Tiki would get bottled up a few times and we'd stop using him till the fourth. I can't fault the defense for that.

Yah, he was great at those awful redzone passes to Shockey and Burress to the endzone. <_<

He gets a pass from you for his mediocre play because he didn't throw a pick or fumble? That's pathetic.

You do make a good point however the eagles were in his face all day. Sometimes I wish he'd mimic his brothers velocity.