SportsWrath

Eli played well.....

Virginia Giant

outlaw! what's up buddy. long time no see.

How's the writing going?

Yep you're just pissing in the wind. This place is becoming more and more like the old gmb every year.

Yeah, it looks like it. I read two or three different Giants forums, and there is certianly a weird division about Eli. You would think folks would rally around him, but then again, these are the same ones that wanted to run off Tiki when he was having fumbling issues, and Sims in his first few years as the QB.

Anyway, I haven't been on the writing thing for a few months - taking a break due to family issues. I've had three published so far, one of which was for an anthology (book with 39 other short stories from various writers) and I have another to be published in October of next year. I think I'll get back into it over the Christmas shutdown, as I really have a few good ideas brewing and I must get back to work on my second manuscript, which I have a feeling would be very sellable.

How are you?

Same old here. This is budrock btw, can't remember if you were around much when I changed the name.

Anyway, what's the name of the anthology? I'd like to read it.

People are definately torn on Eli. As you can see here, some can only find criticism even when he has a good game. But I'm with you. I believe he's a good qb. Still inconsistent, but I'm betting on him.

Same old here. This is budrock btw, can't remember if you were around much when I changed the name.

People are definately torn on Eli. As you can see here, some can only find criticism even when he has a good game. But I'm with you. I believe he's a good qb. Still inconsistent, but I'm betting on him.

The name of the book is "Tabloid Purposes IV" by Lake Fossil Press, which is a small independent press in Chicago. Here is a link for the paperback: Lake Fossil Book Store. Sorry, but since they are a small press, you would have to buy it outright. My story, though the screwed up the title in the index, is called "A Night in Nutbush". The story idea came about from Bob Seger's live rendidtion of Tina Turner's classic, Nutbush City Limits. I always wondered what Seger was implying when he reiterated over and over to watch out fcor the police in Nutbush, TN...now I know. Anyway, it was my longest story to date and it payed the best - not to mention it was in a book - so I'm pretty pleased about it. If you get it and would like, PM me and I'll give you my address if you want me to sign it. You never know, I might very well be the next Stephen King...lol. Just ask VG and Seph.

BTW, I was pretty sure I knew it was you Bud, but I haven't been around here is so long, I scratched my head for a bit. As for Eli, one day he is going to shut them all up, but until then, let them rant. Good to talk at you again, mayhap I'll jump in more often. Unless of course anyone around here has an Xbox 360 with Halo 3, then we could actually talk as we kill shit. :ph34r:

BTW, bud, and anyone else interested, here is the direct link to Lake Fossil. If you actually like hardcovers, like me, the book is a bit pricey, but well worth it: Lake Fossil Site. There is the paperback for 11.95, or the paperback hardcover size for 24.95, or the hardcover for 29.95. Some of the stories are very good, but I warn you, these are hardcore horror! I think a few would even make Stephen King gag...lol

BTW, bud, and anyone else interested, here is the direct link to Lake Fossil. If you actually like hardcovers, like me, the book is a bit pricey, but well worth it: Lake Fossil Site. There is the paperback for 11.95, or the paperback hardcover size for 24.95, or the hardcover for 29.95. Some of the stories are very good, but I warn you, these are hardcore horror! I think a few would even make Stephen King gag...lol

Excellent. Short story horror is my favorite. I'll definately pick it up. Glad to hear it's working out for you.

you were budrock?

Okay, so I haven’t been around here in a while, so let me re-introduce myself. Hi, I’m Outlaw. I love the NY Giants and when they made the trade for Eli Manning I was pissed. I had no use for another Manning who had great stats and no rings to back them up. I was of the mind that Mannings were nothing more than Marinos!

That said, this bitching about Eli is absolutely senseless. I have been watching the kid for four years and to me, the Giants have a VERY GOOD QB. No, he is not going to show you the glamour of Peyton or Brady, but so what? I want a QB who can win, not just show me fancy stats. If the fancy stats go along with the wins, great, if not keep the stats. Just do yourself a favor and ask Mario if he would have traded all his great stats for a Superbowl win.

Now, the question is, can Eli win us a Superbowl? ABSOLUTELY! With the right tools any QB can – just ask Jake Delhome. I think too many people have this thing about Eli has to win it the way they need to see it. I suppose a few weeks ago, Indy fans should have been calling for Peytons head when he threw 6 – count them SIX – picks in a game, or maybe Romo should have been run out of football when he botched the feildgoal snap last year…hum, that would have been really good for us.

Listen, I get what you are saying, but good God, give the kid a break once and a while. Hell, my neighbor – a stanch, born and breed, Eagles fan – sat on my couch yesterday and said we have a very good QB for years to come and that was without me saying anything about what the fans think. Hell, he wants McNabb gone and would give his left nut for Eli – his words, not mine. I just think some folks are just over critical and need to chill a little. But I know, if some of the guys around here are like on other boards, they will never let it go and I’m just pissing in the wind.

BTW, Hi ya Seph and VG. Miss seeing you guys around. Hope all is well. :)

Welcome back outlaw. Don't worry there is plenty of us here who value Eli. Some fans have this... grass is greener on the other side thingy.

Outlaw, good to see you. Happy hear about your publishings......."Great Success". i went to the Novel Critiques forum a couple months ago only to find out you guys packed up and moved. Hows about providing me with some linkage so i can get my fix of late night horror?

Keep up the good work, look forward to reading some more of your work. :)

Thanks Nas. I actually just peruse the various forums and read what others are saying, but it just seems to me lately that some folks will just never think this kid is any good. Does he need to be more consistent? Hell yes, but that means what? Nada. He is a very good QB who can only get better. To me some fans are just too damn fickle for their own good.

VG, how are you man. I didn't pack anything up. Ben gave up, not me. I actually have been slow on anything writing in a while due to family affairs, but I still check one place for stories every now and then: The WWBS

Go down to the Horror section and everyone from the one you were going to is there. The format is different, and it’s a pain, but its the only one I know of for what we were doing. I hope your writing is going well.

Thanks Nas. I actually just peruse the various forums and read what others are saying, but it just seems to me lately that some folks will just never think this kid is any good. Does he need to be more consistent? Hell yes, but that means what? Nada. He is a very good QB who can only get better. To me some fans are just too damn fickle for their own good.

VG, how are you man. I didn't pack anything up. Ben gave up, not me. I actually have been slow on anything writing in a while due to family affairs, but I still check one place for stories every now and then: The WWBS

Go down to the Horror section and everyone from the one you were going to is there. The format is different, and it’s a pain, but its the only one I know of for what we were doing. I hope your writing is going well.

Cool, thanks. Guess the traffic thinned out is why Ben gave up? That sucks, wish i had the patience to stay keep writing and keep some activity on the site, but I'm too lazy. lol. Good luck and keep us informed.

The name of the book is "Tabloid Purposes IV" by Lake Fossil Press, which is a small independent press in Chicago. Here is a link for the paperback: Lake Fossil Book Store. Sorry, but since they are a small press, you would have to buy it outright. My story, though the screwed up the title in the index, is called "A Night in Nutbush". The story idea came about from Bob Seger's live rendidtion of Tina Turner's classic, Nutbush City Limits. I always wondered what Seger was implying when he reiterated over and over to watch out fcor the police in Nutbush, TN...now I know. Anyway, it was my longest story to date and it payed the best - not to mention it was in a book - so I'm pretty pleased about it. If you get it and would like, PM me and I'll give you my address if you want me to sign it. You never know, I might very well be the next Stephen King...lol. Just ask VG and Seph.

BTW, I was pretty sure I knew it was you Bud, but I haven't been around here is so long, I scratched my head for a bit. As for Eli, one day he is going to shut them all up, but until then, let them rant. Good to talk at you again, mayhap I'll jump in more often. Unless of course anyone around here has an Xbox 360 with Halo 3, then we could actually talk as we kill shit. :ph34r:

hahah, i have Halo 3 with Xbox live...but there's been something wrong with it since we had to return it (Red Ring of Death)...for some reason it will let you only play like 1 game live then it will search and not find any more games for you to join. Then it forces you to do the system check thing until you can log in again. It's like a 10 minute process and when we called Microsoft they gave us some stuff to try(like clearing the cache) but it hasn't been working.