SportsWrath

Glavine Signs With Braves

jranieli

Now that he's gone I can say that I never really could root for him. I did obviously but my heart wasn't in it. Plus he had exactly 1 good season combined for the Mets. 300th win? BFD. I hope he gets rocked all season long.

Now that he's gone I can say that I never really could root for him. I did obviously but my heart wasn't in it. Plus he had exactly 1 good season combined for the Mets. 300th win? BFD. I hope he gets rocked all season long.

I hear ya on that one. I kinda felt like a traitor rooting for him sometimes. I definitely cheered for him while he was here, but it just never really felt right.

Glavine did ok for us while he was here, but inconsistent. I know I for one was scared shitless at the thought of him starting two games in a playoff series. I think we will be better by his subtraction. Pedro will get more starts next year, hopefully Oliver Perez can be more consistent and pitch more innings, Maine is coming up, and time to give Pelfrey a bigger role. We can do better than survive and replace Glavine's innings. It's the bullpen that needs Duaner Sanchez back, and in his 2006 dominant form, for the Mets to take the East back.

No more than 3mil per. He's a #5 starter at best.

Unfortunately in todays game, pitchers that pitch more than 220 innings/year on a consistent basis get more than 3 mil per year. Shit, crappy relief pitchers get that. He is certainly not great, but he eats up innings and his record indiactes he at the very least keeps his team in games. I do not like him and would rather go with a kid, but at least he helps with a bullpen in that he gves length.