SportsWrath

Rewatched the game on NFLN last night

xxi-xxv

I was at the game, sitting in the end zone where Romo made his first TD pass and myself along with the rest of the people in my section thought that ROMO was over the line. When no flag appeared we just figured we had the marking wrong. After watching it WE WERE WRONG! Its incredible how FOX did not even broach the issue as a mere possibility. The 2nd and 10 run by Jones from the 15 went for 0 yards, Romo set up a 3rd and 10 at the 15 and threw that ball somewhere between the 14 and a half and 14. No problem that they did not call it, just incredible how it did not even garner a mere mention by Buck, the play by play man(when coicidentally Papa on WFAN was sure off the bat it was not as TD as was the Westwood one radio guys).

Thats ok though, refs miss calls and it was the first, but after seeing the Boss and Snee plays it makes you wonder when they refs woke up. Both holds were away from where I was sitting, so you assume they were just as they were called, but after seeing them on TV its mind boggling the Boss one was called and at best questionable why the Snee one was even called.

Its not why we lost the game, there are plenty of reasons for that, one being the Boys simply played better, but those two calls were as bad as I have seen all year.

I was at the game, sitting in the end zone where Romo made his first TD pass and myself along with the rest of the people in my section thought that ROMO was over the line. When no flag appeared we just figured we had the marking wrong. After watching it WE WERE WRONG! Its incredible how FOX did not even broach the issue as a mere possibility. The 2nd and 10 run by Jones from the 15 went for 0 yards, Romo set up a 3rd and 10 at the 15 and threw that ball somewhere between the 14 and a half and 14. No problem that they did not call it, just incredible how it did not even garner a mere mention by Buck, the play by play man(when coicidentally Papa on WFAN was sure off the bat it was not as TD as was the Westwood one radio guys).

Thats ok though, refs miss calls and it was the first, but after seeing the Boss and Snee plays it makes you wonder when they refs woke up. Both holds were away from where I was sitting, so you assume they were just as they were called, but after seeing them on TV its mind boggling the Boss one was called and at best questionable why the Snee one was even called.

Its not why we lost the game, there are plenty of reasons for that, one being the Boys simply played better, but those two calls were as bad as I have seen all year.

Yeah, I was very surprised the Refs didn't call the pass over the line of scrimage play. I mean, its like he through the ball on the line of scrimage. He was clearly a yard to a yard and a half over. I mean, just looking at it on TV you can tell he crossed.

But I'm not upset about that call. The Boss and Snee holding calls were the once that killed me. Especially the one on Boss. Boss was the one being held and pushed back.

Aikman, I think it was, did mention it. He said something like 'Romo was very close to crossing the los.' But no replay, and no other mention.

Absolutely. Mike and the Mad Dog (Who were only on because I took a CD out of my radio) said that the rule states that the QBs entire body has to be across the LOS for it to be and illegal forward pass. I haven't seen a replay since, so IDK.

Absolutely. Mike and the Mad Dog (Who were only on because I took a CD out of my radio) said that the rule states that the QBs entire body has to be across the LOS for it to be and illegal forward pass. I haven't seen a replay since, so IDK.

I was just going to mention this. It's not like breaking the plane in the endzone, everything has to be past the line. I still think it was worth a challenge. It's hard to tell from the replay but I've seen it three times and I think he's entirely past the line when the ball is released. Should have been 4th & 19 (=FG) instead of a TD.

I've seen pictures, and Romo somehow made the throw exactly at the line of scrimmage. He wasn't over IMO. One replay makes it looks like he does, but zoomed in pictures show he wasn't.

Our luck. All we needed was 5 feet and we wouldve gotten it. It wouldve been third and 14 or something if that was called an illegal forward pass.

The one on Boss was the one that was definitely a hold. If a player's running at you, you can't step back and use the man's momentum to drag him to the ground. All he had to do was not shy away from contact.