SportsWrath

If the Yanks dont want 08 to be a transition year and they want to hold on to their prospects, theres only one thing to do

MakeMeSomeFoodHo

Go get Bonds. he is the lone FA that could fill a-rods production, not to mention he is still the best hitter in baseball. The yankees wouldnt have to trade any of their young pitchers and then they could do what Ive been advocationg for 2 years, move Matsui to first and trade Giambi back to Oakland. Then they could go out and get a guy like Joe Crede for third base.

I can only assume this is satire.

nope. as I dont expect the yankees to make 2008 a transition year, this is a good option.

Id muc rather the yankees make 08 a transition year and not bring anyone back and stock pile the draft picks...would be 11 first round picks in the 2008 draft, 9 if pettite retires. Not to mention their own pick so they would have a minimum 10 first round picks, thats fucking insane. If they didn that, they become major players in the much better 09 free agent market. Also, if need be, theyd be able to trrade some prospects to fill a need and not dry up the farm by trading for say Santana or Cabrera. This is the best way to go, but they yankees will never sacrifice a season...though they should in 08 more than ever.....10 FIRST ROUND PICKS and sandwich round pick...

I don't want Bonds a part of any Yankee team, even if he is the missing piece, which I doubt very strongly.

Id much rather they do what I suggested than sign bonds, but I dont think the yankees would ever sacrifice a season....and I understand why, but it really is the best move for this team at this time.

With that said, Bonds is the best hitter in baseball and would mash in yankee stadium. If the yankees want to replace a-rods production without getting rid of young talent, Bonds is the way to go.

nope. as I dont expect the yankees to make 2008 a transition year, this is a good option.

Id muc rather the yankees make 08 a transition year and not bring anyone back and stock pile the draft picks...would be 11 first round picks in the 2008 draft, 9 if pettite retires. Not to mention their own pick so they would have a minimum 10 first round picks, thats fucking insane. If they didn that, they become major players in the much better 09 free agent market. Also, if need be, theyd be able to trrade some prospects to fill a need and not dry up the farm by trading for say Santana or Cabrera. This is the best way to go, but they yankees will never sacrifice a season...though they should in 08 more than ever.....10 FIRST ROUND PICKS and sandwich round pick...

I'm talking about the part where you said Bonds can replace ARod's numbers. Bonds is a 275/25/80 guy now. Sure, he gets on base a lot, but he's a shell of his former self. Of course, I know you guys have a jones for the steroid cheats, so...

I'm talking about the part where you said Bonds can replace ARod's numbers. Bonds is a 275/25/80 guy now. Sure, he gets on base a lot, but he's a shell of his former self. Of course, I know you guys have a jones for the steroid cheats, so...

Congrats BTW, mickeef.

Not to side with a sox fan, but this is the first thing I thought of when I saw this. He's not near Arods #'s at the present. Not to mention Arod can play the field pretty damn good. I know were talkin DH for Bonds, but still, he cant replace Arod at this point. Besides, Im like alot of these other Yankee fans on here. No Bonds, no way.