SportsWrath

Dolphins LB Channing Crowder

Lughead

Dolphins LB Channing Crowder Wants a Translator for Fins London Game

By Josh Hart

Oct 25, 2007

Life just keeps getting worse for the 0-7 Miami Dolphins. In an attempt to broaden the NFL audience outside of the United States and Mexico the league in all its wisdom has decided to play a regular season game in London, England. Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder wanted a translator according to a report from the Palm Beach Post. He was likely joking but he says he swears he didn't know that they spoke English in England.

wembley.jpg Dolphins Play at Wembley Stadium Sunday

That will help take down the stereotype of the NFL a bit for those across the pond. Many have already criticized the league for having a regular season game at Wembley Stadium, but the league believes it's necessary and has even hinted they might play a Super Bowl in a foreign country.

That might not be good for Crowder. “I couldn’t find London on a map if they didn’t have the names of the countries,” Crowder said. “I swear to God. I don’t know what nothing is. I know Italy looks like a boot. I learned that." That's good to know. He also maybe shocked when he sees some people of color wandering the streets.

“I know (Washington Redskins linebacker) London Fletcher. We did a football camp together. So I know him. That’s the closest thing I know to London. He’s black, so I’m sure he’s not from London. I’m sure that’s a coincidental name.”

The New York Giants and Miami Dolphins arrive in London tomorrow and will play in front of a sellout crowd of 86,000 fans at Wembley Stadium on Oct. 28.

:rolleyes:

It's got a solid following with games broadcast on a free-to-air channel. I was watching a Bears game in Cardiff, Wales one night. There were 500,000 requests for tickets. It's a genuine sell-out.

Oh, sweet! :TU: I didnt realize they were that into it. Any area follow one team more than another?

Oh, sweet! :TU: I didnt realize they were that into it. Any area follow one team more than another?

I think British interest in the NFL peaked in the 80's (as it did in Australia too, though never as much) which is why they chose the Giants and Dolphins. San Fran would have been a good pick too.

I think British interest in the NFL peaked in the 80's (as it did in Australia too, though never as much) which is why they chose the Giants and Dolphins. San Fran would have been a good pick too.

If thats the case, SF would be the only choice. The Giants and Dolphins had 1 SB apiece in the 80's. Why do they like the Giants and phins so much?