SportsWrath

What do you guys know about Will Demps?

Storm

I see the Giants have a meeting with him...

I think he is Probowler waiting to happen....Here is what ESPN insider had to say

s6159.jpg

Full Name: Will Henry Demps

Born: November 7, 1979

Charelston, SC

Height: 6-0

Weight: 205 lbs. Age: 26

Pos: S

Experience: 4 years

College: San Diego State

Demps is a solid safety. He possesses quick feet and good running ability. However, he lacks the ideal speed for the position. He is very smooth in his backpedal, has a very efficient hip turn and plays in a good bent-knee position. He is comfortable coming into the box in run support and is a strong tackler. He clubs up with his arms and plays with a very good level of intensity. He uses his hands well to shed blocks and has very good upper-body strength. He has good awareness in coverage and takes good angles to the ball in pursuit. His overall physical skills are not great, and he will struggle in man coverage against slot receivers and faster tight ends. He lacks the ability to make up for a mistake in coverage and his change-of-direction skills are just average. He plays with good intelligence and will not make many mental mistakes. He is productive and gets himself into position to make plays. He is a very good tackler in the open field and shows the ability to break down and make a play. He is a very productive player on special teams and has a good nose for the ball.

of course he is a pro-bowler waiting to happen if the Giants are looking at him... :confused:

yah, a lot like Antwaan Randle El and Christian Fauria, huh? Those are big time players right there.

I also read we are having R.W McQuarters and Quentin Harris due for interviews...They would both add much needed depth

I would love to see R.W. McQuarters on our team.

Oh and for you Will J lovers (Fab 4) Giants have also contacted Sam Adams and Grady Jackson...The giants think they would make good back ups or complement Will J on the other side of the D-line

that would be insane.

btw, why are these guys so worked up about the skins overpaying and giving up a 2 prospects(B. Lloyd) for 4 mediocre players?

Yeah he is only 29 and would add good depth behind Will P / Webster / Madison.

He can also return Kicks and punts

yah, I meant to ask you if you thought Mcquarters would be playing nickel or starting over Webster...I would have to think that it would depend on how well Corey Webster does in camp and such...and I guess it would also depend on how we draft in the first...

Could the signing of one of those 2 DTs signify that we will go LB in the draft...? Especially if we dont pick up Arrington?

that would be insane.

btw, why are these guys so worked up about the skins overpaying and giving up a 2 prospects(B. Lloyd) for 4 mediocre players?

These people are idiots....Was does this every year and they say the same thing....Was is going to be great...Hand them the Division...They are under the impresion that you can just go out and buy a new team like the Skins try every year....A piece here and there is fine....But you can buld your whole team off of F/A

yah, I meant to ask you if you thought Mcquarters would be playing nickel or starting over Webster...I would have to think that it would depend on how well Corey Webster does in camp and such...and I guess it would also depend on how we draft in the first...

Could the signing of one of those 2 DTs signify that we will go LB in the draft...? Especially if we dont pick up Arrington?

Oh yeah we could go either way in the draft Dt 1st LB 2nd or the other way around....Dont get fixed on Arrington, Dont forget Peterson is out there too....I think he is better then Lavar and doesnt bring the head

Demps is a bit underrated. He's a solid safety. I love his tackling skills. However, similar to many people the Giants have had manning the spot prior to him, Demps isn't a huge playmaker. Regardless, I wouldn't be upset to see him in Giants Blue.

Demps is a bit underrated. He's a solid safety. I love his tackling skills. However, similar to many people the Giants have had manning the spot prior to him, Demps isn't a huge playmaker. Regardless, I wouldn't be upset to see him in Giants Blue.

yah, from the description he sounded like a Shaun Williams type player...big hitter, good in run support...slow and average in coverage...

Demps is an ok player, but he's coming off a partial ACL tear. I'd rather have Butler instead of him. The only intriguing part of Demps's game is that he played on the Ravens defense, and that doesn't mean as much as it used to. Lets not give this guy undeserved credit and reserve a plan ticket to Hawaii...

RW McQuarters sucks, and I hope that the Giants don't have much interest in him after resigning Morton.

Dont forge we will not be having Ed Reed playing next to him which im took a lot of pressure off of him

Honestly I dont want him, and feel we can do better. A priority was to upgrade our speed on defense as well as getting a playmaker in the secondary. Demps doesnt fit that at all. He's a solid player, not a future probowler. Although he is an upgrade over Brent, I think we can do much better.

Honestly I dont want him, and feel we can do better. A priority was to upgrade our speed on defense as well as getting a playmaker in the secondary. Demps doesnt fit that at all. He's a solid player, not a future probowler. Although he is an upgrade over Brent, I think we can do much better.

For me, it's Hope, Demps, Tank Williams in that order.